SNY to continue UConn coverage [merged thread] | The Boneyard

SNY to continue UConn coverage [merged thread]

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Are you guys sitting in front of your computers while watching TV? LOL. Johnny on the spots!!

Very glad to hear that. I like SNY's coverage, and I like the new guy (new to me) that is doing the announcing with Culmo. Maria is growing on me, but there is something odd about her delivery in questions and I can't put my finger on it.

Reaction Score
As long as they are on ESPN3 I am happy.

That is a major question. Will the SNY games be syndicated through ESPN -- thus available on ESPN3? If not, that might be challenging for us out-of-market fans.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
That is the big question. I think that the BE is currently not an ESPN broadcast partner, I think Fox Sports is, along with their Regional Sports Networks.
But I guess this could all change.
Fox Sports includes FS1 and FS2.

Reaction Score
That is the big question. I think that the BE is currently not an ESPN broadcast partner, I think Fox Sports is, along with their Regional Sports Networks.
Fox has an app for streaming games like ESPN3.

Reaction Score

There is zero chance they'll be on ESPN3. ESPN won't be purchasing the rights from Fox Sports (which is what SNY is doing). Fox Sports does have their own app, but who knows how many games will be available on that.

Reaction Score

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Are you guys sitting in front of your computers while watching TV? LOL. Johnny on the spots!!

Very glad to hear that. I like SNY's coverage, and I like the new guy (new to me) that is doing the announcing with Culmo. Maria is growing on me, but there is something odd about her delivery in questions and I can't put my finger on it.
I do that every game.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Fox has an app for streaming games like ESPN3.
Yes, I believe it's FoxSportsGo for streaming. But I was only referring to potential TV broadcast stations. I should have made that clear, I guess.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The bad news is FOX is now merging their apps so FOXSPORTS or FOXNOW work. However, they only offer many of the shows regionally. Like tonight while I have Sling, I wanted to see the Longhorn netwrork with Texas-TCU however Fox Midwest has that game and I can't get that network due to my cable provider. I can only pray for our out of region members that FOX makes the UConn game national for you...:)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
In both Geno's comments during the postgame press conference and in SNY's own comments on the new agreement, they mentioned that they would continue to serve not only local fans in or near Connecticut, but also "fans across the country." That seems to imply that some generally available streaming option will be provided outside SNY's TV service area.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
The bad news is FOX is now merging their apps so FOXSPORTS or FOXNOW work. However, they only offer many of the shows regionally. Like tonight while I have Sling, I wanted to see the Longhorn netwrork with Texas-TCU however Fox Midwest has that game and I can't get that network due to my cable provider. I can only pray for our out of region members that FOX makes the UConn game national for you...:)
Yeah I was wondering about how Fox disseminates their games. But hopefully they are smart enough to know that UConn is a National favorite.
On the other hand, right now I have the pleasure of watching Kansas at Oklahoma and I live in NC. :confused:

Something that will require weekly BY threads in the offseason.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
No way that the games will be on ESPN3 next season because Fox owns the rights. It could be on a Fox online network. We will have to wait and see. I did ask a few reporters to see if they knew and one said he would try to find out.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I get the Fox App, so if they are on there I am fine.
If not I might have to become a Duke Fan on the ACC Network. Head bang

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
That's my Concern. I believe the agreement SNY has is with Fox Sports to Televise the UConn Games. Are Fox Sports Game now streamed on ESPN3. I don't think so, but I'm not sure. I did a search on ESPN3 on some Big East team and I don't see their Basketball games listed in Future or Prior Schedules. For Example Youtube TV and Hulu Live streaming service carry SNY in some areas of the country. Where I live SNY is not available from both streaming services. IF Games are no longer available on ESPN3, then I'll probably miss most of the Games as I doubt if FS1 will televise all UConn Games live Nationally.

There is the Big East Digital Network. Big East Conference - BIG EAST Digital Network I don't know hw you access the service and what are the requirements. Friday's Big East Women's BB Schedule does show 4 Games streamed on the Big East Digital Network. Big East Conference - Composite Schedule

Last edited:

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Hummmm. I have FS1, FS2 channels. If the games are there I will be a happy camper. That would mean I would almost never turn on ESPN.

Something to begin working on towards the end of Summer.

Reaction Score
Great news. The staff at SNY are first rate, the majority of fans have access and we can be assured that Geno's show will be continued. Nice move, Uconn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom