SNY press release on Nov 28 game + more | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SNY press release on Nov 28 game + more

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
No.

SNY showed up as an option for me on my NBCSports app (it was the very last option at the end of a long list), but didn't have any events listed yet. I'll check back again this afternoon. I don't think it'll ever just stream the channel, but rather make certain events available. (Just like watching something streaming via ESPN3 from SNY.)

What device did you use to stream the games? Your computer? An Apple TV? Fire Stick? Roku?
My computer.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
My computer.

Based on my understanding, if you go to Watch SNY live you'll be able to log in with the credentials from your cable/satellite company -- assuming you have a package that includes NBCSports.

Reaction Score
No.

SNY showed up as an option for me on my NBCSports app (it was the very last option at the end of a long list), but didn't have any events listed yet. I'll check back again this afternoon. I don't think it'll ever just stream the channel, but rather make certain events available. (Just like watching something streaming via ESPN3 from SNY.)

What device did you use to stream the games? Your computer? An Apple TV? Fire Stick? Roku?
I could use my computer or Roku

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
I could use my computer or Roku
Since you live in FL, at the moment it doesn't appear that you will be able to stream live games. The NBCSPORTS app will only allow SNY subscribers to stream SNY games.
If you were a SNY subscriber, you should be able to use the NBCSPORTS app from both your computer and with a Roku.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Since you live in FL, at the moment it doesn't appear that you will be able to stream live games. The NBCSPORTS app will only allow SNY subscribers to stream SNY games.
If you were a SNY subscriber, you should be able to use the NBCSPORTS app from both your computer and with a Roku.

Really?! I must have missed that as I was reading through everything. Ffffffffffffff. :(

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Based on my understanding, if you go to Watch SNY live you'll be able to log in with the credentials from your cable/satellite company -- assuming you have a package that includes NBCSports.

This was wrong, thanks to @Centerstream for correcting me.

I just called AT&T and was able to add SNY for $7 a month in NC. Not ideal, but it’s better than nothing.

Sorry for the misinformation, @victor64 . I misread some of the fine details.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
If anyone is subscribed to SNY but will be using the NBCSports app to watch the games on the go, make sure that you can actually log in to the app — especially if you know you’ll be watching Saturday’s game from your phone, tablet, laptop, etc.

My subscription to SNY started last night but I couldn’t gain access with the app. Waited overnight thinking the two systems would catch up, but no dice.

I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with AT&T to no avail, and they have to have someone in another support department call me back tomorrow. That department is only open M-F.

I’m glad I didn’t wait until Saturday (I’ll be driving back home with the boyfriend from our no family, no friends Thanksgiving getaway, so I already know I’ll be watching the game in the car) because I would have been a terribly grumpy companion.

Reaction Score
If anyone is subscribed to SNY but will be using the NBCSports app to watch the games on the go, make sure that you can actually log in to the app — especially if you know you’ll be watching Saturday’s game from your phone, tablet, laptop, etc.

My subscription to SNY started last night but I couldn’t gain access with the app. Waited overnight thinking the two systems would catch up, but no dice.

I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with AT&T to no avail, and they have to have someone in another support department call me back tomorrow. That department is only open M-F.

I’m glad I didn’t wait until Saturday (I’ll be driving back home with the boyfriend from our no family, no friends Thanksgiving getaway, so I already know I’ll be watching the game in the car) because I would have been a terribly grumpy companion.

I'm glad for your boyfriend, I can't imagine what a car ride with a ticked off die-hard UConn fan that couldn't watch the Huskies on opening night would have looked like! :D

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I'm glad for your boyfriend, I can't imagine what a car ride with a ticked off die-hard UConn fan that couldn't watch the Huskies on opening night would have looked like! :D

Hell hath no fury... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
That is so interesting that because its SNY that the games will be available on the nbc sports app even though the BE is affiliated with Fox.

You might want to check your zip code to see if nbcsn is televising the Bubbleville games. At my zip code, those games are NOT scheduled.

Reaction Score

I had the same experience. I subscribed to SNY and downloaded the nbcsn app but didn't see SNY available or scheduled for Nov 28. My preference is to watch everything on my 27'' monitor because I'm old, blind, hard of hearing. Well, young enough to listen through headphones and to read cc.
I ask again: Is there no balm in Gilead?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Last year I watched some of the Big East games on the home teams website. Many of the games that aren't carried by Fox were live streamed by the home team and could be watched for free. Now if the home team doesn't do that it may be like UConn where SNY has exclusive rights to home games that aren't carried by Fox or ESPN. If I remember correctly it was DePaul at Butler and DePaul at Creighton.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I had the same experience. I subscribed to SNY and downloaded the nbcsn app but didn't see SNY available or scheduled for Nov 28. My preference is to watch everything on my 27'' monitor because I'm old, blind, hard of hearing. Well, young enough to listen through headphones and to read cc.
I ask again: Is there no balm in Gilead?

When you go into the NBCSports app, tap “live”...
B64A9696-99CF-470C-9D15-7A5F26C11E0E.jpeg

Then scroll all the way over on the list of channels.
E87D49A1-B913-4183-91F7-F2EDBFE9FFDE.jpeg

But then I get an error telling me I’m not subscribed, despite getting SNY on my TV and obviously being signed in (AT&T Uverse logo in the corner). AT&T assures me it’ll be fixed tomorrow...

If you go to the live section and scroll over to SNY, does it work?

Reaction Score
When you go into the NBCSports app, tap “live”...
View attachment 61605

Then scroll all the way over on the list of channels.
View attachment 61606

But then I get an error telling me I’m not subscribed, despite getting SNY on my TV and obviously being signed in (AT&T Uverse logo in the corner). AT&T assures me it’ll be fixed tomorrow...

If you go to the live section and scroll over to SNY, does it work?

My nbcsn/sny link reports that the network (sny) isn't available in my area due to blackout restrictions. Yawn.

Reaction Score
Hulu shows the UConn game on SNY with pregame, Post game, and Huskies All Access on saturday. It promised to record them for me just in case :).

Reaction Score
All THIS, just to watch a game!! I know I am showing my age, but I remember watching TV, when AT BEST, there were 6 stations that we received. Not many complained either. All the games broadcast for those stations could be watched FREE! Now we get 300 channels and its nearly impossible to find what you WANT to watch, let alone find "the right app"! Remember the 70's when they warned us?

1970's cable tv monster commercial - Bing video

Reaction Score
All THIS, just to watch a game!! I know I am showing my age, but I remember watching TV, when AT BEST, there were 6 stations that we received. Not many complained either. All the games broadcast for those stations could be watched FREE! Now we get 300 channels and its nearly impossible to find what you WANT to watch, let alone find "the right app"! Remember the 70's when they warned us?

1970's cable tv monster commercial - Bing video

What you forget was that I had to listen to most Celtic, Yankee and Prov. College games on the radio because none of the five stations carried them regularly.

Most of the confusion is due to UConn's conference change and the move from ESPN/SNY to Fox/SNY. These holiday tournaments have always been a mess as far as who streams them and how much they charge.

Reaction Score
What you forget was that I had to listen to most Celtic, Yankee and Prov. College games on the radio because none of the five stations carried them regularly.

Most of the confusion is due to UConn's conference change and the move from ESPN/SNY to Fox/SNY. These holiday tournaments have always been a mess as far as who streams them and how much they charge.
Maybe so, but at least you weren't paying every month like we do today ($150 or >) just for the 'privilege' of watching, not to mention all those sponsored ads. :confused:

Reaction Score
Maybe so, but at least you weren't paying every month like we do today ($150 or >) just for the 'privilege' of watching, not to mention all those sponsored ads. :confused:

Yeah, it was free but you get what you pay for. You weren't me, trying to listen to a Yankee game as the NY station faded in and out in a 2 minute cycle so you only really hear half the game. LOL

Reaction Score
Yeah, it was free but you get what you pay for. You weren't me, trying to listen to a Yankee game as the NY station faded in and out in a 2 minute cycle so you only really hear half the game. LOL
We got the regular channels from Hartford, New Britain, New Haven (3, 8 & 30), but also were fortunate to get 18, 24 channel 5 from NY and 22 from Springfield. :)

Reaction Score
We got the regular channels from Hartford, New Britain, New Haven (3, 8 & 30), but also were fortunate to get 18, 24 channel 5 from NY and 22 from Springfield. :)

We got 3 & 8 in CT and 10 & 12 from Providence. With a directional antenna on the roof. Norwich sits in a valley and we had the added issue of the interference of microwave signals that transmitted the AT&T trans-atlantic communications relayed from Pt Judith to Montville. Every time a plane passed the picture blurred.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Maybe now SNY will be able to provide streaming information for out of market fans before our first game. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom