SNY press release on Nov 28 game + more

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
SNY ANNOUNCES COVERAGE FOR 11-TIME NATIONAL CHAMPION

UCONN WOMEN’S BASKETBALL

GAME COVERAGE TIPS OFF ON SNY SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 28TH

18 EXCLUSIVE GAMES SCHEDULED ON SNY

New York, November 19, 2020 – SNY, the official television home of UConn women’s basketball, today announced the network’s coverage for the 2020-2021 Huskies season. The 11-time National Champion Huskies, will kick off the season and their return to the Big East Conference on Saturday, November 28 at 12:30 PM vs. Quinnipiac University live from Mohegan Sun. This is the first of 18 exclusive live games on SNY. SNY’s UConn women’s basketball programming will once again be accompanied by SNY’s award-winning studio shows including pre, halftime and post-game shows, The UConn Women’s Basketball Season Preview and Huskies All Access.

Veteran play-by-play announcer Allen Bestwick returns for his second season with SNY as the television voice for UConn women’s basketball. Bestwick will be joined by game analyst and beloved former UConn Husky Meghan Culmo. SNY’s Maria Marino also returns serving as a live game reporter and will contribute to SNY’s studio programs.

The UConn Women’s Basketball Season Preview will air prior to the game on November 28 at12:00 PM. Hosted by SNY’s Gary Apple, the Season Preview will feature exclusive interviews withCoach Geno Auriemma, key players, including the Huskies much talked about freshman class led by Paige Bueckers, the country’s number one recruit. Apple will be joined by SNY analysts and former UConn standouts - 1997 Associated Press Player of the Year Kara Wolters and forward Meghan Culmo.

Apple and Wolters will again team up throughout the season for the UConn Women’s Basketball Pre-Game Show, UConn Women’s Halftime Show Presented by Your Local Ford Stores and UConn Women’s Basketball Post-Game Show.

Huskies All Access will close out the November 28 opening day on SNY, airing immediately following the post-game show. The 30-minute show gives fans an exclusive inside look at the Huskies’ preparation for the 2020-21 season. Coach Geno Auriemma, his coaching staff and the team all discuss the challenges of getting to the start of the season, made especially challenging by a national pandemic. The show also highlights Coach Auriemma as he tries to navigate a freshman class of six, marking one of his youngest teams in recent memory.

Throughout the season, all games and pre/post-game coverage on SNY will be accessible live viaSNY.tv and the NBC Sports app to authenticated subscribers. Authenticated SNY subscribers can access live UConn game broadcasts provided they are within the SNY broadcast footprint. SNY’s “TV Everywhere” streaming service is done in collaboration with the NBC Sports Group, whose corporate affiliate is a minority owner of SNY. For more information about SNY’s authenticated live streaming service, viewers can visit the following link: http://www.sny.tv/live-faq.

For daily coverage of the UConn Huskies, fans can tune into GEICO SportsNite at11:00pm-12:00am. For up-to-the-minute information about the team, fans can log on to www.sny.tv/uconn - which will provide complete coverage with game highlights, press conferences, and interviews.

2020 UConn Women’s Basketball Schedule on SNY

(2021 Schedule will be released in the coming weeks)

DayDateTimeVisitorHomePrePost
Sat11/2812:30 PMQuinnipiacUConnPost
Sun12/61:00 PMUConnSeton HallPrePost
Tues12/157:00 PMButlerUConnPrePost
Sat12/191:00 PMXavierUConn
Tues12/22TBDUConnVillanovaPrePost

S-N-Y

Reaction Score
That is so interesting that because its SNY that the games will be available on the nbc sports app even though the BE is affiliated with Fox.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
It seems to me that even though SNY has an affiliation with Fox Sports for the Huskies BE games, the press release makes no mention of any SNY games on a Fox Sports channel/app. To me it looks like only SNY subscribers can stream games via the NBC Sports app.

Or am I missing something....

Reaction Score
SNY ANNOUNCES COVERAGE FOR 11-TIME NATIONAL CHAMPION

UCONN WOMEN’S BASKETBALL

GAME COVERAGE TIPS OFF ON SNY SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 28TH

18 EXCLUSIVE GAMES SCHEDULED ON SNY

New York, November 19, 2020 – SNY, the official television home of UConn women’s basketball, today announced the network’s coverage for the 2020-2021 Huskies season. The 11-time National Champion Huskies, will kick off the season and their return to the Big East Conference on Saturday, November 28at 12:30 PM vs. Quinnipiac University live from Mohegan Sun. This is the first of 18 exclusive live games on SNY. SNY’s UConn women’s basketball programming will once again be accompanied by SNY’s award-winning studio shows including pre, halftime and post-game shows, The UConn Women’s Basketball Season Preview and Huskies All Access.

Veteran play-by-play announcer Allen Bestwick returns for his second season with SNY as the television voice for UConn women’s basketball. Bestwick will be joined by game analyst and beloved former UConn Husky Meghan Culmo. SNY’s Maria Marino also returns serving as a live game reporter and will contribute to SNY’s studio programs.

The UConn Women’s Basketball Season Preview will air prior to the game onNovember 28 at12:00 PM. Hosted by SNY’s Gary Apple, the Season Preview will feature exclusive interviews withCoach Geno Auriemma, key players, including the Huskies much talked about freshman class led by Paige Bueckers, the country’s number one recruit. Apple will be joined by SNY analysts and former UConn standouts - 1997 Associated Press Player of the Year Kara Wolters and forward Meghan Culmo.

Apple and Wolters will again team up throughout the season for the UConn Women’s Basketball Pre-Game Show, UConn Women’s Halftime Show Presented by Your Local Ford Stores and UConn Women’s Basketball Post-Game Show.

Huskies All Access will close out the November 28 opening day on SNY, airing immediately following the post-game show. The 30-minute show gives fans an exclusive inside look at the Huskies’ preparation for the 2020-21 season. Coach Geno Auriemma, his coaching staff and the team all discuss the challenges of getting to the start of the season, made especially challenging by a national pandemic. The show also highlights Coach Auriemma as he tries to navigate a freshman class of six, marking one of his youngest teams in recent memory.

Throughout the season, all games and pre/post-game coverage on SNY will be accessible live viaSNY.tv and the NBC Sports app to authenticated subscribers. Authenticated SNY subscribers can access live UConn game broadcasts provided they are within the SNY broadcast footprint. SNY’s “TV Everywhere” streaming service is done in collaboration with the NBC Sports Group, whose corporate affiliate is a minority owner of SNY. For more information about SNY’s authenticated live streaming service, viewers can visit the following link: http://www.sny.tv/live-faq.

For daily coverage of the UConn Huskies, fans can tune into GEICO SportsNite at11:00pm-12:00am. For up-to-the-minute information about the team, fans can log on to www.sny.tv/uconn - which will provide complete coverage with game highlights, press conferences, and interviews.

2020 UConn Women’s Basketball Schedule on SNY

(2021 Schedule will be released in the coming weeks)

DayDateTimeVisitorHomePrePost
Sat11/2812:30 PMQuinnipiacUConnPost
Sun12/61:00 PMUConnSeton HallPrePost
Tues12/157:00 PMButlerUConnPrePost
Sat12/191:00 PMXavierUConn
Tues12/22TBDUConnVillanovaPrePost

S-N-Y
HN, you are the absolute best. Thank you for that Happy Holiday information.

Reaction Score
It seems to me that even though SNY has an affiliation with Fox Sports for the Huskies BE games, the press release makes no mention of any SNY games on a Fox Sports channel/app. To me it looks like only SNY subscribers can stream games via the NBC Sports app.

As I said in an earlier post, Center, we are the cows and the cable companies are milking us until we run dry or the government steps in to stop the slaughter. And I'm not going to place any bets on that.

Reaction Score
For those with access to SNY. Rejoice!! You get to see first game. For those of us out of market it’s off to Flohoops for first game.
Not just the first game, 18 of UConn's 20 Big East conference games will be on SNY.

Reaction Score
So this means if you have NBC Sports channel you can watch all UConn games?

Reaction Score

Download the nbc sports app and see if your cable provider makes you automatically eligible to access. I'm xfinity so I can stream the app. Then ypu can choose sny as your regional sports and then you can just clock on sny and it takes you right there.

Reaction Score
So this means if you have NBC Sports channel you can watch all UConn games?
I think that would depend on your region. If you're around CT then probably yes. Like me if you are in the midatlantic than maybe not unless they are playing Villanova or Georgetown. I'll need to use the nbc sports app

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
From the SNY website:

LIVE FAQ
SNY LIVE STREAM FAQs
During 2019, all Mets and UConn Men's and Women's basketball games on SNY will be streamed in-market on SNY.tv on PCs as well as on the NBC Sports app - NBC Sports Group's live streaming platform for desktops, mobile devices, tablets and connected TVs.
Twitter users: Follow @SNYtv or @NBCSportsApp and tweet us with questions and/or comments.Twitter is a public forum and information posted in tweets will be made available for the public to see. Please do not tweet anything you do not want to be made public.
FAQs/ Feedback General NBC Sports App Information | Click Here for Technical FAQs | Here for Mobile FAQs

Q: How can I stream Mets and UConn basketball games?
A: If you are an SNY subscriber via a participating video provider, and reside in an area where you are able to view in-market Mets and UConn games on SNY, you will be able to access content on SNY.tv and the NBC Sports app (TV Everywhere). If your provider has not yet entered into an agreement with SNY to make TV Everywhere available, you will not be able to authenticate and stream the content. Please call your participating provider if you are not able to access the stream of the game via SNY.tv on PCs or the NBC Sports app.

Q: What is the relationship between SNY and the NBC Sports App?
A: SNY has partnered with NBC Sports Group, whose corporate affiliate is a minority owner of SNY, to deliver baseball's most-watched local broadcast and award-winning pre and post-game coverage to fans online at SNY.tv and on the go through the NBC Sports app. The video player allows authenticated subscribers to access streamed coverage of live Mets and UConn content wherever they are (subject to territorial restrictions) and on any device, including tablets, mobile phones and computers.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Q: What is the NBC Sports app?

A: The NBC Sports app is NBC Sports Group's live streaming platform for desktops, mobile devices, tablets and connected TVs.

Q: Can I access Mets and UConn games via a connected TV device?

A: Yes. Live streams of Mets and UConn games on SNY are available via the NBC Sports app on connected TV devices after first authenticating your subscription. The NBC Sports app is powered by Playmaker Media and is available on Apple iOS, Android and select Samsung devices, as well as on Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Win10 and Xbox.

Q: Can I stream Mets and UConn games while I'm out of town?

A: When a user streams an SNY Mets game while inside SNY's territory, it enables a 30-day travel window for a device. The 30-day travel window begins when the user streams an SNY Mets game while outside of SNY's territory. After the 30-day travel window, the user will receive a blackout message. The user must go back inside SNY's territory to stream a Mets game on their device again. Each time a user streams an SNY Mets game on a device while inside SNY's territory the 30-day travel window is reset.

If a user downloads the NBC Sports app for the first time while outside SNY's territory and streams an SNY Mets game, they are granted a one-time two-day pass for a device. After two days, the user will receive a blackout message and must return SNY's territory to access an SNY Mets game on a device again.

Q: Why am I blacked out of my Mets and/or UConn game via TV Everywhere?

A: Just as with televised Mets and UConn games on SNY , availability of games via TV Everywhere is subject to territorial blackout restrictions.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Q: Is SNY or NBC Sports content available without a video provider subscription?

A: Yes, you can continue to www.SNY.tv or www.nbcsports.com to access certain event clips, highlights, and expert commentary without a video provider subscription.

TECHNICAL FAQs
Q: What do I need to watch video on SNY.tv?

A: In order to watch any video, you must install the latest version of Adobe® Flash® (supports v10 ae® Flash® will provide you with the best viewing experience including HD quality video, DVR controls and much more.

Q: What are the minimum web browser and/or hardware requirements for viewing video on SNY.tv?

A: Minimum Browser Compatibility:

• Internet Explorer 8 (32 or 64-bit) and up
  • Firefox 3.6
  • Safari 5
  • Chrome 16

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Not to keep beating the proverbial deceased horse but there's no mention of SNY's affiliation with Fox Sports for Big East WBB.

From a February 2020 article on the UConnblog:
The Huskies’ move to the Big East means that a majority of their games will be broadcast on Fox Sports, which has a TV deal with the conference. SNY and Fox Sports’ deal means that SNY will be able to televise up to 18 women’s games per year and the network will continue to produce exclusive pre and post game shows. No men’s basketball games or other sports are included in this agreement.

SNY also announced that additional programming and streaming coverage for the 2020-21 women’s basketball season will be announced later on.

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Big East Digital Network December WBB Games.

As I read the article, UConn games that are televised by SNY will not be available on the Big East Digital Network. If this is accurate then Fans that live outside of SNY's market won't be able to watch the games. If accurate, then WBB fans that want to watch UConn games are out of luck. I'm sure UConn games were the most watched Women's Basketball Game on the Watch ESPN App. in prior years.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Prior to the above Post, I had sent an Email to the person responsible for WBB on the Digital Network. This is her response.

BEDN would not stream the SNY games, BEDN is strictly digital and not television - where the SNY games would be available digitally will depend on your market. I believe if SNY is in your home TV market the game would be available on the NBC Sports app (logging in through your cable provider), while out of market would be the fox sports app. The quinnipiac game might be a different story since it’s technically not a UConn home game, however. No UConn games will be on BEDN since all their games are covered via television. Hope that helps.

I'm trying to get clarification about the Fox Sports App.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Too lazy to read the details. Sorry.

Can I still watch the SNY games on the ESPN website? I live in Ohio.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Prior to the above Post, I had sent an Email to the person responsible for WBB on the Digital Network. This is her response.

BEDN would not stream the SNY games, BEDN is strictly digital and not television - where the SNY games would be available digitally will depend on your market. I believe if SNY is in your home TV market the game would be available on the NBC Sports app (logging in through your cable provider), while out of market would be the fox sports app. The quinnipiac game might be a different story since it’s technically not a UConn home game, however. No UConn games will be on BEDN since all their games are covered via television. Hope that helps.

I'm trying to get clarification about the Fox Sports App.
SNY has a deal with Fox Sports for UConn WBB games only. Nothing, at least at the moment, with BEDN. SNY is only carrying the Quinnipiac game and Big East conference games. As I have mentioned once or twice, I would expect the SNY broadcasts of all UConn Big East games to either be on Fox network, FS1, FS2 and/or streamed on the Fox Sports app. This is hard to verify as, except for NFL games, Fox doesn't provide future scheduling, only about a week's worth at a time.

Centerstream

Reaction Score

Consensus says No. SNY does not have a deal with ESPN any longer.

Reaction Score
Yeah looks like the only hope for being able to stream is if it’s available through some Fox app, as I already tried streaming SNY tonight via the NBC app tonight and couldn’t. In Florida here.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think that would depend on your region. If you're around CT then probably yes. Like me if you are in the midatlantic than maybe not unless they are playing Villanova or Georgetown. I'll need to use the nbc sports app

Some conferences live stream some/all of their team's basketball games from their conference main website.
I don't know if the BIG East will/does or not. The Mountain West Conference has done it in the past. I saw lots of UNLV's women's road games via live stream using that outlet.

When UConn is on the road, check their opponent's schedule on the that school's main athletic website. They may live stream home games that can be viewed by any/everyone for free.

Below is the portion of the 2020-2021 Seton Hall wbb schedule that shows UConn. They list the UConn game as being available to be watched or listened to. I guess you have to wait until game time to see if this game can be seen through this portal. Good luck.

1605848026061.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I live in SWFL and last year streamed espn3 for all the games. I am trying to figure out how to watch this year. It seems confusing at best. Anybody got a suggestion for me? Thanks if you do!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

No.

Yeah looks like the only hope for being able to stream is if it’s available through some Fox app, as I already tried streaming SNY tonight via the NBC app tonight and couldn’t. In Florida here.

SNY showed up as an option for me on my NBCSports app (it was the very last option at the end of a long list), but didn't have any events listed yet. I'll check back again this afternoon. I don't think it'll ever just stream the channel, but rather make certain events available. (Just like watching something streaming via ESPN3 from SNY.)

I live in SWFL and last year streamed espn3 for all the games. I am trying to figure out how to watch this year. It seems confusing at best. Anybody got a suggestion for me? Thanks if you do!

What device did you use to stream the games? Your computer? An Apple TV? Fire Stick? Roku?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom