SNY broadcast “Blackout”? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SNY broadcast “Blackout”?

Reaction Score
So, if I understand correctly, the UConn website says the Cal game is on ESPN3 but:
ESPN3 does not list the Cal game, but:
A BYer says his/her Comcast program guide says the game is "blackout,"but:
SNY says absolutely there is no blackout for the Cal game.

Wow. I just hope this mess does not affect other games in the future. If it turns out that the game is not being carried on ESPN3, it'd be good if we can find out why, so at least there'd be some predictability to all this.

Reaction Score
So, if I understand correctly, the UConn website says the Cal game is on ESPN3 but:
ESPN3 does not list the Cal game, but:
A BYer says his/her Comcast program guide says the game is "blackout,"but:
SNY says absolutely there is no blackout for the Cal game.

Wow. I just hope this mess does not affect other games in the future. If it turns out that the game is not being carried on ESPN3, it'd be good if we can find out why, so at least there'd be some predictability to all this.
I got a call back from UCONN that said they don’t control if it is on ESPN3.

Reaction Score
Do you guys live in Connecticut or outside the state? I thought the SNY deal with UConn was contingent on the whole state being able to watch.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Only games on tv netwoks within the ESPN realm of networks will be on ESPN3. These include the ESPN channels (ESPN, ESPNU, ESPN2, etc.) and some of the regional networks (SEC, SNY). Other regional networks and sport networks (FS1, FS2, BTN, former Comcast-CSNs) are not under the ESPN flag and therefore are not offered on ESPN3. Quite a few of the UCONN games are on CBSSN, FS (Fox Sports channels) and thus will not be on ESPN3.
I am pretty sure that the former Comcast sports networks are now under NBC Sports and I do not believe any UCONN games will be broadcasted on these stations/networks.

I live in the South and have never had a game on SNY blacked out.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Games not on ESPN/SNY/ESPN3: Nevada (on CBSSN), DePaul(on FS1), Oklahoma(on CBSSN), Temple(on CBSSN, home game on 2/18 at the XL Center).

Reaction Score
Ditto for us, both when we lived in AZ and now here in FL.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Based on a similar discussion on the men's board, it appears SNY is blocked out-of-market when the game is available on ESPN 3.

Reaction Score
Based on a similar discussion on the men's board, it appears SNY is blocked out-of-market when the game is available on ESPN 3.

Actually my experience is that when a game is on SNY in a market where SNY is available then the ESPN3 stream is not available in that market.

I wouldn't get too worried about the games not being listed yet on ESPN3. The recent layoffs at ESPN meant that a lot of worker bees who do that sort of thing aren't around. I've noticed several omissions over the last couple of months, mostly with baseball stuff, but also with WatchESPN listings that don't appear until right before a game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is the map for tomorrow's mens game on SNY.

upload_2017-11-9_16-18-47.png

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Just Guessing, the CAL Game is probably on the PAC12 Network.

Just checked the PAC 12 WBB Schedule and they're showing the game on ESPN3 and SNY.
Schedule

I just talked to ESPN and they said they don’t have the Cal game (11/17) on ESPN3, even though it is listed on the UCONN website. That means the game may not be available unless you have SNY that isn’t blacked out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The first SNY game is 11/17 vs. Cal. It is really weird because I have been watching games on SNY provided by Comcast without any problems in past years. The SNY website lists the game being broadcast. The local Comcast guide is where it is listed as “Blackout” yet there are other college games listed. Just wanted to know if anyone else had a Blackout on their guide?
Manchester,NH Comcast has same “blackout” in guide

Reaction Score
While agonizing over the possibility of being blacked out for the Cal game I stumbled across the fact that is is listed on the NBC Sports app. I’m better now

Reaction Score
Manchester,NH Comcast has same “blackout” in guide
SNY said that is just a mislabel on the local guide and no way UCONN games will be blacked out. Last night was the first airing of Men’s BB Preview Show. It was listed as “blackout” on my grid but I was able to view it. Tonight MBB versus Colgate listed on the grid as Blackout, so this should be a test to see if it is viewable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom