SNY Blackout? | The Boneyard

SNY Blackout?

PWS

Reaction Score
For the 2nd time, the UConn game is blacked out in the Mid-Atlantic. I have watched UConn games on SNY for years and now they are blacked out. The only reason I sign up for the Fios sports pkg is to get SNY. Does anyone know what is going on? It is not like UConn-Stoney Brook is competing with other sports in the DC area.

Reaction Score
For the 2nd time, the UConn game is blacked out in the Mid-Atlantic. I have watched UConn games on SNY for years and now they are blacked out. The only reason I sign up for the Fios sports pkg is to get SNY. Does anyone know what is going on? It is not like UConn-Stoney Brook is competing with other sports in the DC area.

I'm able to watch the SNY games on WatchESPN here in DC

PWS

Reaction Score
I'm able to watch the SNY games on WatchESPN here in DC

Thanks,

I am aware of that, but streaming doesn’t work that well & I can’t get that on my TV or at least I don’t know how to do it. The experience is way worse. I called FIOs & they have no idea.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Thanks,

I am aware of that, but streaming doesn’t work that well & I can’t get that on my TV or at least I don’t know how to do it. The experience is way worse. I called FIOs & they have no idea.
If you have AppleTV there is a WatchESPN app that you can use to watch it on your TV. I have done that before a couple times when the game was not being broadcast on my cable system here in CT.

Reaction Score
Thanks,

Yeah that's so frustrating, especially when you're paying extra just for SNY.

I'm not a tech expert in any way shape or form, but if you had any internet/cable account still associated with a CT address, would that have any impact on this?

I'm not sure if you're in DC or out in the suburbs but Buffalo Billiards in DuPont Circle is supposed to be accommodating to UConn fans and I've seen UConn football games airing on SNY on tv there, so they have a way of getting SNY (and a relationship with the dc alumni association)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm not a tech expert in any way shape or form, but if you had any internet/cable account still associated with a CT address, would that have any impact on this?

Funny you mention that. My oldest daughter is off at college out of state (in MD) and I recently noticed that the shows she watches are still being recorded on our DVR here in CT. I asked her about it and she said she uses the Xfinity app and our account to record her shows, and she streams them on her computer or phone. A couple hours ago I realized that I forgot to set the DVR for tonight's game and I will be out at a work dinner, so I texted her and asked her how to set a recording remotely. Instead of telling me, she just asked me what channel and set the recording herself from down there. Pretty amazing to this [old] man.

Reaction Score
Funny you mention that. My oldest daughter is off at college out of state (in MD) and I recently noticed that the shows she watches are still being recorded on our DVR here in CT. I asked her about it and she said she uses the Xfinity app and our account to record her shows, and she streams them on her computer or phone. A couple hours ago I realized that I forgot to set the DVR for tonight's game and I will be out at a work dinner, so I texted her and asked her how to set a recording remotely. Instead of telling me, she just asked me what channel and set the recording herself from down there. Pretty amazing to this [old] man.

The future is now.

Reaction Score
Last game was supposedly blacked out in lower Fairfield County on cablevision/optimum and I watched the whole game without resorting to any 3rd party. I can't get watch espn. I'm unplugged. But I went out and watched it on SNY at my local pub.

I'm hoping for the same tonight.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Try the NBC Sports App...that's where SNY streams stuff in-market (so if you get SNY and live in the CT/NYC area, you need to use NBC Sports App to watch it live online, while outside that area you use Watch ESPN).

Reaction Score
FYI, my TV also says that SNY is blacked out but the game is still being broadcast. Watching now.

Reaction Score
The other game was good for me, this is very choppy. Anyone else having this?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
FWIW - Game was on FIOS in lower FF county.

Reaction Score
Last 2 games my TV guide said the games were blacked out, but I was able to watch both games.

Reaction Score
I was checking last weekend to see if the game was blacked out again or not, saw that it was scheduled and recorded it as I knew I was out for the evening. When I checked on Monday it was erased from my scheduled recording events so I checked SNY only to see they took it off schedule again and blacked it out. I called Comcast and they said it's all on SNY not them at all. I told them I don't care I pay you all the premium dollars to assure I get what I want someone needs to go to SNY and let them know they are denying their good customers. That will go nowhere I am sure but just needed to vent and give it a try. Its BS.

Reaction Score
Last 2 games my TV guide said the games were blacked out, but I was able to watch both games.
I have Verizon FIOS and when I was scrolling through the Guide before the game it also said the game was blacked out but then the game was on. So I guess that Blacked Out message is bogus.

Reaction Score
Yeah my daughter set up netflix on my tablet recently in less than 5 minutes, which probably would have taken me 30 or more (with frustration). Taught her how to use a computer (and build one) and now she teaches does it for me.

You and I should be set for technology as we age.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom