OT: - Snow | The Boneyard

OT: Snow

JS

Reaction Score
Pretty . . . Dog walk through the woods later . . .

giphy.gif

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
We got 4/5 inches yesterday here on the ranch in SW Montana. A warm up had made things pretty brown so that was a nice little present. Sorta high desert environment here so any moisture is good any time.

Reaction Score
This morning from a meteorologist that does contract work for schools, heating companies, ski resorts, etc. He's pretty good....usually.
Next Week: We continue to see multiple model support and pattern alignment trends suggesting a truly major late season winter storm event during the Tue/Wed period. There is still enough time between today and next Tuesday for things to change, but some of the model data is supportive of excessive snowfall totals developing somewhere across the region from eastern PA/NJ, southeastern NY on into southern and central New England. Widespread heavy snow seems likely with a zone of excessive snows, greater than 15 inches, if not 2 feet setting up somewhere across the region. The storm will be accompanied by strong winds as well and there is the potential for this to be an very HIGH IMPACT event that brings normal activities, both personal and business, to a standstill for an extended period of time.

I try not to over-hype any particular event, knowing full well how things can change in 3 to 4 days, but I do think the setup is worry of an special heads-up. I strongly believe I will need to issue a special storm update at least on Sunday and maybe even one on Saturday so folks and businesses can adjust plans if the trends continue...

Reaction Score
You like snow and less people, visit Northern New Mexico. Dry snow and deep. The elk come down form the Santa Fe National Forest contiguous to my property because I put out hay for them, stock, and wild horses that roam the land. Starting to thaw now and getting ready for planting. Great to ride a horse through the snow.

Reaction Score
It was 85 in So Cal yesterday.
Only supposed to be 80 today.
I like the 60's better than the 80's

I'm jealous! I hate the cold snow and ice. Give me 80 degree weather any day

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
You like snow and less people, visit Northern New Mexico. Dry snow and deep. The elk come down form the Santa Fe National Forest contiguous to my property because I put out hay for them, stock, and wild horses that roam the land. Starting to thaw now and getting ready for planting. Great to ride a horse through the snow.
I was just out your way a few weeks ago. This was the 3rd time in less than 5 years I've been out there, and, increasingly, it looks like I'll be out for good sometime in the next few years. I simply love that area.

Reaction Score
I was just out your way a few weeks ago. This was the 3rd time in less than 5 years I've been out there, and, increasingly, it looks like I'll be out for good sometime in the next few years. I simply love that area.

Lot's to see in the land of enchantment. I am always discovering something that provides a significant impression and makes me say "wow". If you like adventures, there is one around every corner.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom