Snow Totals and Stories: What you got? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Snow Totals and Stories: What you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Congrats on Baby Charlotte, auggie!!

Here in North Madison I went to bed with 12" on the ground. Woke up, did breakfast and cocoa and went to attack it. Opened the gargae door and 24 ducking inches of snow awaited!!:mad:

Thigs were so bad even Mrs. Dove grabbed a shovel. We did 5 hours of shoveling and blowing. I think I snapped something in the Ariens as now only one freakin' augur works. Gotta do 8 hours tomorrow or else Monday's rain is going to totally mess things up.

And now today's song of the day, my fave Styx tune...Snowblind...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We got a s hit ton of snow here in Colcherster. We have a special ruler and after 24" the numbers read:
"too much"
"s hit ton"
"holy s hit"
and "apocalypse".

When i opened the garage door I was struck by what I saw. I dipped the tape measure into it and it stopped at the 12" point. I'm like 'no way'. Turned out it hit the crust layer. Still had another foot to go.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Left my place in East Lyme on Thursday night to come up to Tolland and help my parents clear out after everything. Took me 2 and a half hours to clear the back deck, which is probably about 10' x 15'...drifts on the deck were 4-5 feet high. Probably had in the 30-36" range on level ground. Tomorrow I have to get back down to East Lyme and do the whole driveway...without a snowblower. Kill me now.

You're a good son. Hope the parents are following you home.

Reaction Score

Here in North Madison I went to bed with 12" on the ground. Woke up, did breakfast and cocoa and went to attack it. Opened the gargae door and 24 ducking inches of snow awaited!!:mad:

Thigs were so bad even Mrs. Dove grabbed a shovel. We did 5 hours of shoveling and blowing. I think I snapped something in the Ariens as now only one freakin' augur works. Gotta do 8 hours tomorrow or else Monday's rain is going to totally mess things up.

Sounds like a snapped shear pin. Easily replaced. Go to any hardware store (e.g. Lowes, Home Depot, indy) Hammer a new one in & you're good to go.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

You have a favorite Styx song that isn't Mr Roboto?

Reaction Score
We get alot of rain on top of this snow and there are going to be roof collapses. Same senario as the Civic Center roof.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I got my driveway done...just have to dig out my mailbox (which will not be easy). The mounds of snow near the street reach at least 7 feet high at some points and there is still only one usable lane. I don't know what is going to happen to all the snow when the plows come to really carve out two lanes....well, I know most of it will go into my driveway. Just too much snow. Clearing my road does not look like it will be easy....this could take a while before school buses can safely run and the regular world resumes. Good thing package stores are now open on Sundays.

Reaction Score
Just got off the phone with a friend who lives in Northern Tip of Newfoundland. He said that since early this morning the snow has been nearly waist high and is still falling. The temperature is dropping way below zero and the north wind is increasing to near gale force. His wife has done nothing but look through the kitchen window and just stare. He says that if it gets much worse, he may have to let her in:)

Reaction Score
Hope everyone on the BY did okay.
I watched the weather channel until 1 Am 3am your time
Brought back memories of 1978.
My dad and I (he was about 65 at the time) shoveled for about 6 hours to clear his driveway and my car.

It also reminded me of why I retired to AZ 5 years and 600+ rounds of golf later.

Reaction Score
trust me you don't miss this shiet. I take it you were talk about the snow.
haha. Yeah, I guess 30"+ is only fun if you're up at Mt. Killington. Yes, I meant snow. sniff sniff...lol anybody got a rolled up dollar bill?

Reaction Score
We got some hail over here in Tujunga. It stayed on the ground for at least 5 minutes. I was kind of freaked out because he hadn't stocked up on milk and bread.
Just a little rain over here in Pomona, cleared up nicely today, a bit chilly now at 45 degrees. It hailed over here a few weeks back. During this past storm I think snow levels dropped down to 2000'. So, I suppose a quick drive up to Mt Baldy or Big Bear and I'll have all the snow I need.

Reaction Score
We get alot of rain on top of this snow and there are going to be roof collapses. Same senario as the Civic Center roof.

Actually, the high winds blowing snow off rooftops probably saved us on that front. According to the town robocall we got 34.5" here in Trumbull but I can see clear patches on most every roof in the neighborhood. The 2'-5' in my driveway is another issue entirely.

Reaction Score
Stuck Firetruck that called 911, even the city plows couldn't move down my street. Oh yeah....the truck that's helping got stuck as well and called a similar truck for help. Needless to say those two trucks backed down the street. But the firetruck moved two feet and got stuck again!

I've never seen this happen before.

rIEdc6y.jpg

Reaction Score
Hope everyone on the BY did okay.
I watched the weather channel until 1 Am 3am your time
Brought back memories of 1978.
My dad and I (he was about 65 at the time) shoveled for about 6 hours to clear his driveway and my car.

It also reminded me of why I retired to AZ 5 years and 600+ rounds of golf later.

You pr*ck......;)

Reaction Score
Firetruck stuck Part one: This was before they tried the not so smart move to drive the truck later yesterday. I've never seen this happen either.

XCjZ6pB.jpg

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Sounds like a snapped shear pin. Easily replaced. Go to any hardware store (e.g. Lowes, Home Depot, indy) Hammer a new one in & you're good to go.
Thanks coach. I may be able to get there by Wednesday:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc