Snippets From The Kansas Hoops Board | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Snippets From The Kansas Hoops Board

Reaction Score
Next year they will give us Purdue at home a year too late for the Clingan/Edey showdown

Reaction Score
And I just heard the students are already lining up. This is going to be a big time atmosphere. No matter what happens as long as we compete it is a win/win for us. It is early in the season but this is imo the biggest college basketball game of the season. If it is a close game and comes down to a last possession and if both teams play well this game will be one of those we talk about for years. Two 7’2” giants going toe to toe with great supporting cast. For some reason I am thinking big game for AK.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Weak. They get to camp inside.
Some Duke fan commented they camp out in tents for 30 days before UNC game....

Reaction Score
It's a little known fact that Columbus, OH is the exact mid-point between Storrs and Lawrence, about. They should play the game whereever they play basketball in Columbus and show the Big 10 what big-time basketball looks like.

Kidding. Of course we want to play in Allen Fieldhouse.

Reaction Score

I was looking at this one, one fan said he was expecting to get blown out. I guess they are really down on their offense outside of dickenson
Read the freak out thread. Have to say, I like the humor of some of the posts. They seem like a good crew of fans- not super douchey like the Duke fan base

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Weak. They get to camp inside.
Is it really camping if you are inside? Kind of like shelter in place, cuz there’s a storm a comin…..

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's a little known fact that Columbus, OH is the exact mid-point between Storrs and Lawrence, about. They should play the game whereever they play basketball in Columbus and show the Big 10 what big-time basketball looks like.

Kidding. Of course we want to play in Allen Fieldhouse.
Not coincidentally, when I drove from Simsbury to Lawrence for law school I stopped just outside Columbus. Time wise, the trip from there to Lawrence is shorter.

Reaction Score
That KU squad back in 95 was loaded. Jacque Vaughn, Paul pierce, raef lafrentz, Jared hasse and I believe ostertag too? Wow
That was a miserable game to be at…double header with UConn women playing first and winning and then boom, doors blown off!

Reaction Score
Not coincidentally, when I drove from Simsbury to Lawrence for law school I stopped just outside Columbus. Time wise, the trip from there to Lawrence is shorter.
As the crow flies, of course. That makes sense though and always seems to be the case, driving out of the Northeast, or back to the Northeast, always seems to be a slower go.

Reaction Score
UConn Fan Guide: Section 3.5b (Attire)

This is acceptable for cold weather football cuz you can immediately sit on the hat for the whole game. Its warmer than butt on seat.

Wearing it indoors you can keep the hoodie on your head covering the hat/logo, that also is acceptable and will help mute some of the noise.

As for wearing and exhibiting both, unless your children are playing on both teams, this would constitute surrendering in battle.

Yes good use of the hat @Kitaman. Also a nice emergency piece of material in case of a game time shart! ;)

Reaction Score
Just spent 20 minutes talking college basketball with a KU fan at Logan Airport. He’s on my flight out. This game is going to be epic.
I don't know why but I think this could be close to Cuse/UConn 6OT levels of epic... well, ok, maybe not THAT close to that level as I don't think anything possibly could reach that level, but something around that stratosphere*. The winning team wins by about 4 I think.

*EDIT: Maybe something like the Auburn/UConn 2OT game.

Reaction Score
It was ostertag, yes and Scot Polard was a beast. They could have three guys at or around 2 meters, or 7 feet and 2 speedy guards. They absolutely ripped uconn apart that year, roasted toasted and burnt to a crisp. Won by about 30 but at times I think they had it up to 40. Only other time I remember a team really demolishing Uconn like that was MSU in the early 2000s and Lville in 2011. Just beaten to a pulp in 95, would love revenge as uconn is 0 and 3 all time vs Kansas. 1 and 5 vs unc too. Gotta get one of those!
2 meters = 6'6 3/4 2.15 = 7'ish

Reaction Score
Just saw this on Jayhawks board. One Thing both teams share is dislike for Puke

mobileheel
Posted on Nov 27th, 6:02 PM, , User Since 179 months ago, User Post Count: 3739
  • Nov 27th, 6:02 PM
  • 179 months

At a neutral site I think they are favored by 6.5-8.5. At AFH I think they are favored by 3.5-4.5. It pisses me off to no end that a Hurley brother is actually a good coach. UCONN is the perfect spot for him as well
Haha there is no way we would be favored by 6-8 at a neutral site and I would be shocked if we are favored on Friday. It'll probably be KU -2.5 or so.

Reaction Score
Is that with or without shoes?
fletch.jpg

Reaction Score
It was ostertag, yes and Scot Polard was a beast. They could have three guys at or around 2 meters, or 7 feet and 2 speedy guards. They absolutely ripped uconn apart that year, roasted toasted and burnt to a crisp. Won by about 30 but at times I think they had it up to 40. Only other time I remember a team really demolishing Uconn like that was MSU in the early 2000s and Lville in 2011. Just beaten to a pulp in 95, would love revenge as uconn is 0 and 3 all time vs Kansas. 1 and 5 vs unc too. Gotta get one of those!
Jesus. Forgot about scott pollard too.

Reaction Score
Not sure what game you are referencing, but in 2003 we lost at UNC 68-65, and in 2004 lost 86-83. We also THUMPED them at Gampel in 2002 86-54.
I believe NC beat us by 12 in Greensboro NC not Chapel Hill during the 1998 elite eight NCAA tourney when they had Antwan Jamison and Vince Carter. We were gassed from an earlier game and couldn’t keep up. Not once watching the NC game was I hopeful for a win.

Reaction Score
For as much talent that 1995 Kansas team had, they had 6 losses and got bounced in the sweet 16 by 4 seed Virginia, at Kemper Arena. Did they have injuries or something?

Reaction Score
I liked this comment from the KU board..mojo?

8th out of 360+ teams is still quite good.

Every team has issues. UConn can't hit threes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom