Snippets From The Kansas Hoops Board | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Snippets From The Kansas Hoops Board

Reaction Score
really hope castle is available for this one or mccular is going to be a matchup problem. if he's not i'd be happy with a single digit loss at Phog.

also is KU ever coming to play us at home?? the BE is always getting screwed in these conference battles.
Kansas has played at home in 3 of the last 4 seasons of this BE/B12 battle (including this one). My guess is they will be @ UConn next season. If they get another home game, then it's just stupid.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I wish the KU game was neutral court or at home. I think we're the better team but that place is so damn difficult to win at. If we do win everyone will be talking about us as the best team again.
Not me. We’ve done that. I was in KC for it. I’m excited to see the Huskies visit AFH for the first time. Good for the players and the program. Big test. Win or lose they learn from it and get better.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
really hope castle is available for this one or mccular is going to be a matchup problem. if he's not i'd be happy with a single digit loss at Phog.

also is KU ever coming to play us at home?? the BE is always getting screwed in these conference battles.
I doubt we will see that. KU played @Nova then Creighton home, then @St. John’s then Seton Hall home. So 2 home 2 road before this. Maybe @Marquette next year. We might get Houston or somebody home.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Kansas has played at home in 3 of the last 4 seasons of this BE/B12 battle (including this one). My guess is they will be @ UConn next season. If they get another home game, then it's just stupid.
Would they actually have the same matchup two consecutive seasons? Has that ever happened/is it allowed to happen?

Reaction Score

Happy with a single digit loss? I suggest you look for another team to root for.

Reaction Score
Playing at KU is a nightmare, but I think it will be good for them in the long run.

Often times, we see a correlation between college teams that know how to win away from home having success in the NCAA tourney - and conversely, teams that only win at home losing earlier than expected in the tourney. I like that this group will have an early season test at one of the most difficult places to play.
On the other hand, we didn't have a single signature road win last year and still beat the s___ out of everyone in March.

Reaction Score
Would they actually have the same matchup two consecutive seasons? Has that ever happened/is it allowed to happen?

No chance. It would be awesome to add a non-con series and I would think we’d have a much easier time to schedule top teams given our current status. Hurley talked about this difficulty with Rothstein.

An aside: what non-conference series’ do we have scheduled for the future? Other than Maui where the draw is Auburn, Colorado, Dayton, Iowa State, Memphis, Michigan State and North Carolina.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Yup I was complaining about that when I saw the schedule of us going there. They ncaa marketing machine was no going to let this game happen unless the anointed had a chance to win. Right now I now we beat them at home and from what I have seen we beat them on a neutral court. In their den though that is a game changer. We won’t get a 50/50 call all night.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Not true. 2 home 2 road.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Not true. 2 home 2 road.
Point is BE never draws favorable matchups. our best teams either have to play on the road against the other conference’s best or they’re at home against a gimme. Our best never get to play at home against the other conference’s best.

Reaction Score
At this point in our season I want to win but most importantly have this game be competitive the whole way. It would be a shame if the refs affect that, last night that happened in the Eagles win against the Bills that was crazy in favor of the Eagles. This OOC win streak thing is kind of a sideline but it would be nuts to take that into conference play. Pretty unlikely?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
To overcome the Kansas home crowd we will have to chuck a lot of cutters.

Also, I think we have a new tongue twister.

Say this 3 times fast:

“One cutter chucker, he chucks cuts”

And new chants:

“CUTTER!” (other side of the arena) “CHUCKERS!”

and

C H U C K …..
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
To overcome the Kansas home crowd we will have to chuck a lot of cutters.

Also, I think we have a new tongue twister.

Say this 3 times fast:

“One cutter chucker, he chucks cuts”

And new chants:

“CUTTER!” (other side of the arena) “CHUCKERS!”

and

C H U C K …..
Frustrated World Cup GIF

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thanks for your interest in samoyed basketball. ;)

The White Siberian Husky: A Majestic Sample of Arctic Beauty

The white husky is a majestic example of Arctic beauty—blessed with a pure white coat that gleams in the sunlight like spun silk and glacial eyes that resemble frozen pools like the depths of serene polar landscapes.
White Siberian Huskies are normal Siberian Huskies. The American Kennel Club accepts totally white Siberian Huskies, allowing them to be registered.

Shooting Star GIF

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Point is BE never draws favorable matchups. our best teams either have to play on the road against the other conference’s best or they’re at home against a gimme. Our best never get to play at home against the other conference’s best.
Except when Kansas had to travel to Villanova the first year. It's wild that during this 4 year stretch you see Seton Hall and Butler ranked. Big East–Big 12 Battle - Wikipedia

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Look there was no way Self was going to allow his team to come play us at home. He knew even with the addition of Hunter they would be a work in progress. And honestly I think if we played them right now in Gampel we would beat them by double digits if SC was playing. If the Clingan we saw on Friday continues to be the version we see with improvement and with SJ playing himself into a draft pick Hunter is going to be tested.

Reaction Score
Not me. We’ve done that. I was in KC for it. I’m excited to see the Huskies visit AFH for the first time. Good for the players and the program. Big test. Win or lose they learn from it and get better.
Kansas considers KC a neutral court? Must be nice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom