Snippets From The Kansas Hoops Board | The Boneyard

Snippets From The Kansas Hoops Board

Reaction Score
What KU fans are saying:

"UConn is an absolute wagon. They're still working Clingan back in but they haven't missed a beat because Newton, Spencer and Karaban have been so locked in. This Samson Johnson kid looks pretty good too after being stuck behind Sanogo and Clingan the last two seasons. He still comes off the bench but is looking like a case study for biding your time."

"Physical. Bring your lunch. It's gonna be a long day when you play UConn. They chuck cutters, give hard fouls, and just plain play mean. Dan Hurley is turning into a superstar in the coaching ranks. They play tough defense. They rebound. They get out and run. They flat-out hustle. They get the ball into the paint on offense. And on and on. UConn has a great coach. Clingan is huge, and a tough matchup for anyone. The only person I have ever known to have success against a Clingan is Captain James T. Kirk, and he isn't walking through that door (or the teleporter) any time soon."

"UCONN is interesting and KU will get to play them soon enough. Nice win against Texas but I'm reserving judgement on how good a win that is since Texas no longer has the Chris Beard effect with Rodney Terry being fully in charge."

Reaction Score
Just a caution that when you see an informed UConn post in an opponent's fan forum, especially one that refers to "UConn", not UCONN or Uconn, it may well be someone with Connecticut roots, or even a UConn alum.

Still, it's evidence that you're "making a statement" when you get any sort of appreciation in an opponent's fan forum. It's a far more difficult task than impressing the pundits. And it's part of the fun of the whole thing.

Reaction Score
I think the realization has finally set in nationally that UConn is a wagon again, and as long as Hurley is here and can maintain a chip on his shoulder, that’s not slowing down anytime soon.
I wish the KU game was neutral court or at home. I think we're the better team but that place is so damn difficult to win at. If we do win everyone will be talking about us as the best team again.

Reaction Score
Just a caution that when you see an informed UConn post in an opponent's fan forum, especially one that refers to "UConn", not UCONN or Uconn, it may well be someone with Connecticut roots, or even a UConn alum.

Still, it's evidence that you're "making a statement" when you get any sort of appreciation in an opponent's fan forum. It's a far more difficult task than impressing the pundits. And it's part of the fun of the whole thing.

Oh com’n, what are the chances of UConn fan spelling all 3 names correctly?

Reaction Score
It is good that we are traveling for this game. It gives the boys the toughest test possible before entering conference play. We were rattled last season at times at Providence, Xavier, so getting these jitters out the way is good even if it's a loss

Reaction Score

Hey I call us UCONN and I grew up and was there 25 years. Went to school there and have been a huge fan since I was like 5 years old. I still have family in Connecticut too. So I don't think that means he has Connecticut roots because he writes it UConn! Lol!

Reaction Score
It's going to be a game. We're not going to get any calls. Look for one or more of our guys to get into foul trouble early.

It's going to be a hostile environment and the freshman will need to be ready to respond and not get frustrated.

They will probably lead at halftime, but I think we keep it close. This game might be decided in the last three or four minutes of the game.

If anything this is good game for team to prepare for the tournament.

Reaction Score

"Uconn" is also the autcorrect version of the team name, so its use does not necesarily indicate that the poster does not know what he's talking about

Reaction Score
To overcome the Kansas home crowd we will have to chuck a lot of cutters.

Also, I think we have a new tongue twister.

Say this 3 times fast:

“One cutter chucker, he chucks cuts”

And new chants:

“CUTTER!” (other side of the arena) “CHUCKERS!”

and

C H U C K …..

Reaction Score
I wish the KU game was neutral court or at home. I think we're the better team but that place is so damn difficult to win at. If we do win everyone will be talking about us as the best team again.
Playing at KU is a nightmare, but I think it will be good for them in the long run.

Often times, we see a correlation between college teams that know how to win away from home having success in the NCAA tourney - and conversely, teams that only win at home losing earlier than expected in the tourney. I like that this group will have an early season test at one of the most difficult places to play.

Reaction Score
We are a month away from really showing the World how good we actually are.

Our previews only show glimpses of who we are, but just you wait! Its actually kind of scary. It's all because our Coach (and staff) still ain't satisfied.

Reaction Score
I don’t think we chuck cutters

The 4th mention on Google when you search (chuck cutters) is this thread. So it’s obviously not a widely used term. But J Will mentioned chucking cutters 2 or 3 x when we played Texas, so it’s clear where he got that from. How bout a mention about the fact that we have one of the most intricate offenses, best ball movement, elite shooting, etc. Everything the guy said was true but it’s really half the story. We are a wagon.

Reaction Score
I wish the KU game was neutral court or at home.
SJ I don't want to go back to the "steps/escalators" days (whenever those were). Hurley has no escalators or stairs. Just freakin mountain after mountain.

I want them to go everywhere and play, only because we have the weaponry that makes winning on the road a high probability. Every game is a statement game for us, regardless of the outcome or location. Losing to Kansas on their Court is a practically a certainty for most teams but not all. I will guarantee you that our freshman won't be intimidated come BE road games and the Tourney that's for sure. That's because on Friday, I expect them to wet their pants with that crowd. So Diarra better be ready. Anyway, as long as we play UConn ball, when the game is over we will earn respect, win or lose.

This is what Hurley wanted and is now bringing to us (i.e. fans). He the new Sheriff and he's got it with a whole lot of cred, confidence and mucho swag. He told everyone 'you had better get us' back then. Well it's too late now, he's bringing his posse to your door or wherever you want us to go.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This is the first game since…probably Nova in the ‘22 BET that I’m going into not expecting to win. If we win it’ll be awesome but idk if I see it happening. I do find comfort in having two seniors in the backcourt and two sophomores who won the title up front but that fist road game is tough.

Reaction Score
really hope castle is available for this one or mccular is going to be a matchup problem. if he's not i'd be happy with a single digit loss at Phog.

also is KU ever coming to play us at home?? the BE is always getting screwed in these conference battles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom