Sneak peek at Alumni Court at Gampel Pavilion! | The Boneyard

Sneak peek at Alumni Court at Gampel Pavilion!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like it. Not quite as much as I'd like it if the white dog were in the center of it, but I do like it. The addition of the phrase "basketball capital of the world" at the top of the court is a nice touch.

CL82

Reaction Score
Anyone know what they're going to be doing with the stands. Now that volleyball has its own home I wondered if they were going to extend permanent stands

Reaction Score
IMG_2331.jpeg

This. This is the photo I love the most.

CL82

Reaction Score
The B12 logos are missing.
Lol I quickly went back to see if the biggest logos were on there. They are. (Sigh)

Reaction Score
Anyone know what they're going to be doing with the stands. Now that volleyball has its own home I wondered if they were going to extend permanent stands
I assume no change. Remember, Gampel is also used for non-basketball events like Commencement, concerts, career fairs, etc., all of which require different floor configurations.

CL82

Reaction Score
I don’t like “basketball capital of the world” at all. I actually really hate that, it’s gonna bother me.

Other than that yeah it’s fine
Why?

CL82

Reaction Score
I just think it’s tacky. don’t like self proclaimed titles.

UConn’s blue blood status is well in hand, but I can’t see any of the other blue bloods putting this on their court
Well, remember it's really not self proclaimed because Jay Bilas, a dukie, is the one who coined it the phrase "Storrs is the basketball capital of the world." As for no other school making the claim, no other school has 16 combined titles. No other school has ever had men's and women's national champions in the same year. We've done it twice.

It's definitely a flex, but it's a deserved one given the facts.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I just think it’s tacky. don’t like self proclaimed titles.

UConn’s blue blood status is well in hand, but I can’t see any of the other blue bloods putting this on their court
Normally I might agree with you. But at this point, if we have to become the bad guy, the most hated program in America, I'm ok with that. If left out of a P5 we might need to just embrace our role as the destroyer of other team's hopes and dreams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom