SMU's Keith Frazier out for rest of season (Update: Eligible for 15/16 Season) | The Boneyard

SMU's Keith Frazier out for rest of season (Update: Eligible for 15/16 Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If it helps us win 2 more, I'm okay with it. Sorry greed is unbecoming but W's aren't.;)

Reaction Score
Sounds like there may be some more problems for SMU in the near future: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-academic-issue-part-of-larger-problem-at-smu

ESPN.com reported early Friday that Justin Martin's recent departure is too related to academics, and sources have told CBSSports.com that last's week's news that assistant Ulric Maligi, a heralded recruiter, has taken an idefinite leave of absence for "personal reasons" is less about "personal reasons" than it is about this possible scandal that the NCAA is already inquiring about on some level. One source told CBSSports.com that among the issues is a questionable transcript, and that the odds of Maligi returning to SMU are "slim."

Reaction Score
Sounds like there may be some more problems for SMU in the near future: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-academic-issue-part-of-larger-problem-at-smu

ESPN.com reported early Friday that Justin Martin's recent departure is too related to academics, and sources have told CBSSports.com that last's week's news that assistant Ulric Maligi, a heralded recruiter, has taken an idefinite leave of absence for "personal reasons" is less about "personal reasons" than it is about this possible scandal that the NCAA is already inquiring about on some level. One source told CBSSports.com that among the issues is a questionable transcript, and that the odds of Maligi returning to SMU are "slim."

I wonder if this is related to the online scam courses at BYU. The NCAA was embarrassed by the Chronicle of Higher Education recently.

SMU was mentioned along with a few unnamed ACC schools, one B1G school, some in the B12. Oregon was singled out. Weirdly, no SEC schools.

Reaction Score
If they can't manage to dole out proper punishment for one of the biggest academic frauds in NCAA history, at least they found time to lower the boom on SMU. They aren't in a P5 conference so I suppose the NCAA is licking their chops waiting to make an example of them.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
sources have told CBSSports.com that last's week's news that assistant Ulric Maligi, a heralded recruiter, has taken an idefinite leave of absence for "personal reasons" is less about "personal reasons" than it is about this possible scandal that the NCAA is investigating. In fact, a source confirmed to CBSSports.com on Friday afternoon that the NCAA has sent SMU a notice of allegations that includes allegations of academic improprieties, which was earlier reported by ESPN.com. One source also told CBSSports.com that among the issues is a questionable transcript, and that the odds of Maligi returning to SMU are "slim."

OK - there will be a lightning fast decision by the NCAA on this BUT in 2016 we will still be waiting to hear what is going to happen to Cuse and UNC

I despise the NCAA - time to create a whole new ballgame that does not include the P5 plan - yeah, I can dream

Reaction Score
That's big for them. Frazier can play, and he gives them an offensive punch on the wing they lacked last season.

C

Chief00

I wonder if this is related to the online scam courses at BYU. The NCAA was embarrassed by the Chronicle of Higher Education recently.

SMU was mentioned along with a few unnamed ACC schools, one B1G school, some in the B12. Oregon was singled out. Weirdly, no SEC schools.

The SEC schools have this stuff down to a science with entire inhouse majors designed to keep the football players eligible and players graduating with worthless degrees - but their football letter will get them a job if they are not NFL bound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom