Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Who has watched them play? I don’t know much about them this year

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I know nothing about them

But I am fearful of a letdown.

Hopefully Hurley has some tricks up his sleeve to keep them focused.
I hope that Hurley's efforts will focus UConn not SMU.
Or did the use of "them" in your post refer to two different teams?

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
I feel the same way. Moody has also been a nightmare for us. I feel like this is a classic trap game coming off those two emotional wins, and with Memphis coming up on Sunday.
I feel like the team has lost enough this year, and in such excruciating ways, that coach can keep them from looking past anyone. I hope so anyway.
BartScottCantWait.mp4

Reaction Score
I feel the same way. Moody has also been a nightmare for us. I feel like this is a classic trap game coming off those two emotional wins, and with Memphis coming up on Sunday.
Trap game

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
They have been up and down this year - not a typical SMU team
One thing that they have going for them is that they love playing at Moody
I've seen them 4 times and they looked tough once, meh twice and ragged once.
Are they beatable? oh yeah but being home makes them that much tougher
If Uconn can start fast and take the crowd out of it - that would be a bonus

Reaction Score
Not a lot of familiar names on that roster and I haven't watched 'em much at all. Top 15 offense according to KenPom and it seems like their backcourt is real good. Their PG, Davis, is top 10 in the country in assists and averages 16 points a game.

Reaction Score
Have been up and down all year- but Moody can be a tough place to play. We will need to play the way we have the last couple games. Strong start is needed to set the tone.

Reaction Score
The little I've watched of them I think it will be a game for Akok to play some 5 and Sid the 4. There not very big but more athletic and like to get out in transition and can all shoot from distance. Need to shut down there PG. Might be a game AG gets more time to try and slow him down.

Reaction Score
It's a winnable game like many of the loses were. SMU has athletes and best win on road at Memphis. Outside of that, they have won games they were supposed to win. They want to run. Hope we have a good game plan for the winning streak to continue.

After all, I just purchased tix for the Temple game

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Not a lot of familiar names on that roster and I haven't watched 'em much at all. Top 15 offense according to KenPom and it seems like their backcourt is real good. Their PG, Davis, is top 10 in the country in assists and averages 16 points a game.
That, on the surface, sounds like a good matchup. Strong offense vs strong defense,

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I watched the whole SMU-Temple game last weekend because I bet on SMU. SMU went up 19 and LOST in OT!!! I don't know how anyone could blow a 19 point lead to Temple. SMU looked really good building the lead though. Maybe they were gassed from traveling or something? Either way, if you lose to Temple, you can lose to UCONN...we got this!

Reaction Score
I watched the whole SMU-Temple game last weekend because I bet on SMU. SMU went up 19 and LOST in OT!!! I don't know how anyone could blow a 19 point lead to Temple. SMU looked really good building the lead though. Maybe they were gassed from traveling or something? Either way, if you lose to Temple, you can lose to UCONN...we got this!
I also had SMU in that game. Thought of hedging 2nd half them said, no I’ll just take my win. Doh!!

could not believe they lost

Reaction Score
UCONN men's hoop is on an upward climb. We need to keep that going so yes we need this game to keep the momentum going in the right direction.i want to get to the bubble but there's no room for error. And now there's confidence.

Reaction Score
Who has watched them play? I don’t know much about them this year
SMU can really score from all 5 positions. Their point guard Davis is what makes the team go, highly underrated. They typically get a double digit lead to start the game, but then the other team will typically come back in the second half because SMU’s atrocious defense. I believe if UConn is ready from the tip they should be able to pull this one out. Have to be ready to defend from the tip otherwise you are looking at a 24-9 score to start which doesn’t bode well for a UConn team that struggles to score.

Reaction Score
They did the same thing verse Vanderbilt but won in OT.

Reaction Score
They can shoot the three and welcome to the AAC. The team is made up of transfers and JUCO kids.

Reaction Score
I check Sagarin from time to time. UConn is #63 with a rating of 80.92. SMU is rated #82 with a ating of 79.25.

We are a point and half higher but give a 3 point home court advantage to SMU. SMU would be favored by a point and half.

However if you look at he "recent" numbers. We are at 83.01 and SMU is at 78.19. We are favored by almost five points (4.82) which more than compensates for the 3 point home court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom