SMU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SMU

Reaction Score
cant wait until i care to name more than 1 player on a given conference opponent's roster

So true. Even when we were awful in the early Big East era I watched every other team's games to learn who the key players were and get a sense of where we stood when we played them, but the time in the AAC hasn't made me watch more than a few minutes and go on to trim shrubs or paint a room.

Reaction Score
We're 0-5 there all time, opponents are 1-12 there this season. So, you're saying there's a chance! I want to see this positive goodbye tour continue.
The craziest part is the closest we've ever been to winning at Moody is a 9 point loss in 2014, when we had the best point guard in the country. Even though SMU is down since then, if we find a way to win this year, it will really mean something.

Reaction Score
Just looked at SMU’s resume...they really don’t have many quality wins. Outside of the cupcakes, their best non conference wins were at UNLV, and at Vanderbilt, and both are under .500 right now. Their best AAC win is at Memphis, and the other teams they beat were USF, UCF, Temple, ECU, and Tulane.

Reaction Score
Just looked at SMU’s resume...they really don’t have many quality wins. Outside of the cupcakes, their best non conference wins were at UNLV, and at Vanderbilt, and both are under .500 right now. Their best AAC win is at Memphis, and the other teams they beat were USF, UCF, Temple, ECU, and Tulane.

I've watched them a couple of times and they can go off on O occasionally it seems. But no doubt if the kids stay with the hard work, defense and make some shots they can be a problem for SMU at their place.

Reaction Score
This is a game where we need Alterique to come through big time. He's the only guy we have to contain their point guard, who is the key to the Mustangs office. Which means we need AG to play well enough offensively so that he can play most of the game defensively.

But, as we discussed yesterday, other than CV who knows whether anyone else will bring their A game or their D game on any particular night.

Reaction Score
This is not a trap game at all.

SMU has been a totally different team since Kendric Davis was award a waiver back in late November.

Going into the season, SMU didn't have a real point guard and Davis is now averaging 15.8 p, 4.8 r, 7.3 a in 33.8 mpg.

In December, they also got a waiver for Isiah Jasey, a 6'10 250 Texas A&M transfer. He's more of a depth center, but the additions of these two players have been huge.

SMU has an elite offense, but a bad defense. We win if we hit shots, exploit their defensive deficiencies and execute our usually excellent defense.

Reaction Score
This team scares me. Athletic, well balanced and can score. Nothing great. Nothing terrible. We need to step on their throats early and keep the pressure on.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
A trap game is when you are a 10 point favorite, NOT a 5 point dog!

Reaction Score
So true. Even when we were awful in the early Big East era I watched every other team's games to learn who the key players were and get a sense of where we stood when we played them, but the time in the AAC hasn't made me watch more than a few minutes and go on to trim shrubs or paint a room.
Facts. It's the energy of the league. Not as special as the Big East and bores you fast.

Reaction Score
No matter what the outcome tonight. The team has made it really fun to watch and follow over the last few games and thanks to them. 1 loss @ SMU will not affect our spirits and I hope they know that there is not a lot of pressure on them if we lose a tight one. Obviously we would be a little upset but close losses in a rebuild year are not a terrible thing. We need to keep with them and keep the energy EVEN IF THEY LOSE, because we need this team to keep the faith and energy and come out on Sunday and take it to Memphis and then close out the rest of the easier 6 games remaining

Reaction Score
Make no mistake about it this is a must win game. Gut check time for everyone. Looks like the match up is one we can handle. No excuses for not getting a W. Let's keep the momentum one game at a time.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I also had SMU in that game. Thought of hedging 2nd half them said, no I’ll just take my win. Doh!!

could not believe they lost
I'm going back for more. I'm now fading Temple until I win, so I have Tulane +3 @ home tonight!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom