SMU Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

SMU Game Thread

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
One of the things UConn did frequently today, and will certainly do on Monday, is double the ball when it came into the post.
Yeah, I expect Geno to push the player off the block and give the post defender help once Coates or Wilson attempt to put the ball on the floor. Expect the help to come from Gray's off side. She's too dangerous from the perimeter.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yeah, I expect Geno to push the player off the block and give the post defender help once Coates or Wilson attempt to put the ball on the floor. Expect the help to come from Gray's off side. She's too dangerous from the perimeter.
Help will typically come from the offside. If you have good passing BIGS, they can kick the ball out for open 3's, but quite frankly I don't consider Wilson or Coates good passers. They are far more likely to force shots or lower their heads and get called for charging.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Help will typically come from the offside. If you have good passing BIGS, they can kick the ball out for open 3's, but quite frankly I don't consider Wilson or Coates good passers. They are far more likely to force shots or lower their heads and get called for charging.
All correct. Yeah generally offside. But this game whoever defends Gray probably won't help since she's their real perimeter threat so....

Reaction Score
I am sure nobody keeps stats on this, but I think today's game takes the record for the most tie-ups in the history of the game! It actually became tiresome.

I could rewatch and count them, but it was hard enough to watch the first time.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I am sure nobody keeps stats on this, but I think today's game takes the record for the most tie-ups in the history of the game! It actually became tiresome.

I could rewatch and count them, but it was hard enough to watch the first time.
Physical game man, and from the start.

Reaction Score
upload_2017-2-11_16-14-46.png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno in his post game presser busting Lou on lack of offensive rebounds. ;):cool::rolleyes:

JordyG

Reaction Score
Geno, "How many games in a row we've won 99? I think that's 99, I think that's 99 games in a row where she's gotten zero offensive rebounds. She's on a streak of her own dating back to the 7th grade I think". FOTFLOL.

Reaction Score
Geno talking about sand losing to the ocean because that son of a b*tch just keeps on coming.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Geno, "How many games in a row we've won 99? I think that's 99, I think that's 99 games in a row where she's gotten zero offensive rebounds. She's on a streak of her own dating back to the 7th grade I think". FOTFLOL.
Of the 5 regular starters Lou is 3rd in Offensive Rebounds behind Gabby and Collier. She is ahead of Nurse and Chong. Where should she be considering the way the game is played?

Reaction Score
That's a very valid point. The problems that people see are puzzling to me.
Yeah, a whole lot of reaching going on in here. Good workout, nobody got hurt, another successful scrimmage.

JordyG

Reaction Score
More Geno on Lou being pale, "Only Southern California kid that I've ever seen that has no color

Geno just poking at Lou...On Monday night she'll probably have 10 offensive rebounds.
Oh so damn true. With Geno it's always what the kid has done, what she's doing now, and what her potential can be. As a good coach he always has his eyes on the potential, the hidden player, and pulling that stuff out. The Master.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Geno knows(so do I)
Get Lou mad and she will come back and make you eat your words, or regret your actions. I talked to her mom last week about it and we both agreed she was always like that.

Reaction Score
Of the 5 regular starters Lou is 3rd in Offensive Rebounds behind Gabby and Collier. She is ahead of Nurse and Chong. Where should she be considering the way the game is played?

He is speaking that she doesn't go hard after rebounds and usually she is defended by a much smaller player. That's all. If there is game in which her shot is off, he'd like to see her go more aggressive after the rebound. Can you imagine if she could destroy the smaller defender with her offensive rebounding along with everything else she is capable of doing?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
In Geno's mind, far, far better. Better shooter, better passer, better rebounder and definitely better offensive rebounder - she is holding the record for being not just the worst guard in the country, but simultaneously she also holds the crown for worst wing and worst forward. Lobo and Wolters were only ever the worst post players, Lou has them beat by a country mile! :cool::eek::)

Reaction Score
Collier and Williams both got rejected late in the 3rd.

We're going to have to hit outside shots to beat SC. Today's performance, with the exception of Lou and Chong, isn't going to cut it.

VS any good team we'll need to hit outside shots. The UCONN team is human. And they are kids. And they are a small team. Let me add to your "fine"
upload_2017-2-11_17-5-6.png
point if we don't hit any outside shots.

If Lou goes 0-7 from 3 like what she did from Tulsa, and Kia struggles shooting like she did vs Temple, and Chong's IT Band injury pops up and CD can't break out of her shooting slump and Gabby just misses all of her shots outside of 5 feet from the basket and Collier and Gabby get into early foul trouble and Nat is totally ineffective --
then these type of performances "aren't going to cut it."

Reaction Score
Again, these were the same shots they've been taking and making since the conference sched began. Except today they were being blocked and/or the forwards were altering their trajectories.

I think very few shots were caused misses though I could be wrong. IOne play Gabby caught the ball too far int he lane but not quite deep enough in which she couldn't use her athleticism then tried to take a one dribble short-bank only to get it blocked. I know Collier took at least two outside shots. One was an airball. She was 02- from 3. And she had one shot halfway between the ft line and the basket - wide open and she bricked it off the back of the rim. This is just what I remember. So it had nothing to do with altering the shot.

I can remember one play Gabby altered her shot. Btu can't recall others. Will have to look at game again. As for Collier- at times this year she has had her shot blocked or altered. She is only 6'1. However other times when she "alters her shot" -- it's like her regular shot. Collier is a 6'1 post. And she does twist and alter a lot imo. But she usually hits them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom