SMU about to go down to Tulsa! | The Boneyard

SMU about to go down to Tulsa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not good as we didn't need Tulsa to win this. Oh well we are going to have it tough the rest of way. Well maybe I spoke too soon. Still Tulsa up by 1 with 20 seconds and the ball.

Reaction Score
There are positives for either result, so I'm not stressing too much either way.

Reaction Score
Game over Tulsa wins @ SMU. SMU sure doesn't look like a great team anymore.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
17 seconds left, SMU down 3 with the ball, Marcus freaking Kennedy shoots a 3...and air balls it. Gave me flash backs to MSG when Gavin Edwards did that against Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Not good as we didn't need Tulsa to win this. Oh well we are going to have it tough the rest of way. Well maybe I spoke too soon. Still Tulsa up by 1 with 20 seconds and the ball.
I actually think we did want Tulsa to win this. SMU is not leaving the RPI top 25, and this moves Tulsa into the Top 50, which gives us a great chance to add a top 50 win. And we play Tulsa next, no better time to play a team then off a huge win. And obviously we want to win the conference.

So actually there is no reason we did not want Tulsa to win

Reaction Score
Why is Tulsa winning this game not good for UConn?

Well, SMU being ineligible means that their wins help us generally. It's like a non-conference loss being counted against the other teams, assuming we beat them.

The regular season title is purely symbolic for us, it doesn't do anything for us in and of itself.

Reaction Score
I actually think we did want Tulsa to win this. SMU is not leaving the RPI top 25, and this moves Tulsa into the Top 50, which gives us a great chance to add a top 50 win. And we play Tulsa next, no better time to play a team then off a huge win. And obviously we want to win the conference.

So actually there is no reason we did not want Tulsa to win

Definitely on the bolded, can't see Tulsa pulling off of a road sweep of SMU/UConn, same feeling I had when Georgetown beat Xavier on the road then had to come here.

Reaction Score
Well, SMU being ineligible means that their wins help us generally. It's like a non-conference loss being counted against the other teams, assuming we beat them.

The regular season title is purely symbolic for us, it doesn't do anything for us in and of itself.
Yea I don't really see your visison but no big deal.

Reaction Score
Yea I don't really see your visison but no big deal.

What is there not to see? It's just a fact that losses to SMU by other teams are good for us in the standings, since SMU is effectively not in the conference this year in a meaningful way.

Reaction Score
We now pass SMU in the KenPom, up to #19 nationally.

#3 defense
#314 luck (I take that to mean he thinks we're pretty damn snakebit)

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
17 seconds left, SMU down 3 with the ball, Marcus freaking Kennedy shoots a 3...and air balls it. Gave me flash backs to MSG when Gavin Edwards did that against Kentucky.

I'll be seeing that in my nightmares tonight.

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
Was at this game scouting our upcoming opponents. Nic Moore is almost unstoppable from beyond the arc. Can't let him have uncontested shots. He especially likes the right side. Made a couple sloppy passes though. He had 4 fouls with about 8 minutes left, and sat for about half that time. Tolbert can't shoot free throws. Ben Moore is a beast down low.

Not sure if the game was a sellout, but the number of empty seats was very noticeable. President and Laura Bush had court-side seats. First home loss of the season for SMU.

For Tulsa, Woodard is automatic from the line; and the team as a whole has no holes there. Pat Birt is a three threat too.

Nonetheless we can win against both of these teams if we play our A-game. First Temple though.

Reaction Score
Was at this game scouting our upcoming opponents. Nic Moore is almost unstoppable from beyond the arc. Can't let him have uncontested shots. He especially likes the right side. Made a couple sloppy passes though. He had 4 fouls with about 8 minutes left, and sat for about half that time. Tolbert can't shoot free throws. Ben Moore is a beast down low.

Not sure if the game was a sellout, but the number of empty seats was very noticeable. President and Laura Bush had court-side seats. First home loss of the season for SMU.

For Tulsa, Woodard is automatic from the line; and the team as a whole has no holes there. Pat Birt is a three threat too.

Nonetheless we can win against both of these teams if we play our A-game. First Temple though.
Tulsa is 16-8, they have holes.

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
Tulsa is 16-8, they have holes.

Non sequitur. Re free throws tonight, they were 82%. That's above their season average, but this was on the road.

Reaction Score
We are now tied for 1st place in the conference. I don't know about you guys but I'd like to win the freaking AAC for once.

So SMU cant win the conference because they are banned from Post season play? If thats the case and we win against Temple tonight, then we would move into 1st place in the conference. If not we'd still be a game behind SMU.

Reaction Score
So SMU cant win the conference because they are banned from Post season play? If thats the case and we win against Temple tonight, then we would move into 1st place in the conference. If not we'd still be a game behind SMU.

Presumably he means tied in the loss column (with both SMU and Temple). SMU can win the regular season.

Reaction Score
Presumably he means tied in the loss column (with both SMU and Temple). SMU can win the regular season.

Ah gotcha. I thought they could still win the regular season. I guess i'm use to thinking if we have the same amount of losses but they have 1 more win, then they are in first by a half a game... Either way big games coming up. If we take down Temple, Tulsa, and then SMU we should be in a great position to win the regular season. Those are 3 very tough games though, but its doable. Hard to lose past a single game with this team though.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Considering the meltdown we had after the Tulsa loss, that team proving they aren't terrible seems like a good thing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom