Smoke's clearing a bit on this CYO breakaway... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Smoke's clearing a bit on this CYO breakaway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
At this point, it appears anywhere UCONN lands will be an upgrade. Comical how your president was publicly begging to hold the league together until she could find somewhere else to land. Unfortunately the music has stopped and UCONN appears to be holding its pud.

If you think the music has stopped in this dance you haven't a clue.

Reaction Score
Someone actually used the word "pud" here. Thats the kind of education you get when your English teacher is a Nun.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Scenarios not discussed: St John's Villanova and Georgetown join the ACC in all sports but football.
Aresco adds 6 new basketball schools.
BE adds two more Catholic Schools and a provision to always have the same number of basketball and Football schools

Reaction Score
Can I just ask, who is tuning in to watch a Butler, VCU, Xavier, Seton Hall, DePaul, Providence, or St Johns game? What do these schools expect to get $$ wise? This is all about the dollars so who's paying for that? Will it nab more than what will be left? Sure but just imagine what having UConn and UC would add to that deal? I just don't get it.

Probably a lot more people than who would tune in to watch UCF and UCONN play football..

Given the fact that UCF is the second largest school in the United States, and UConn is the flaghip university for an entire State, I sincerely doubt that...

Reaction Score
They did make a Final Four from CUSA. That's why.

Louisville is better than any team in the CYO. But Cincy isn't. Certainly Memphis is not.

I take Cincy over each and every one of them. For much of my basketball life, a Marquette was something I once heard about--sorry, not old enough to know about Al Maguire.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Scenarios not discussed: St John's Villanova and Georgetown join the ACC in all sports but football.
Aresco adds 6 new basketball schools.
BE adds two more Catholic Schools and a provision to always have the same number of basketball and Football schools

As bad as this nightmare is becoming, I can't see why we'd go back to a hybrid conference if the bball only schools do leave. It's how this mess was started. Why lay the groundwork for it to happen again by inviting 6 new bball schools who probably aren't as good as the ones leaving.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
At this point, it appears anywhere UCONN lands will be an upgrade. Comical how your president was publicly begging to hold the league together until she could find somewhere else to land. Unfortunately the music has stopped and UCONN appears to be holding its pud.

Let's see how your little puppy gets along without 3-time champion UConn.

Reaction Score
I take Cincy over each and every one of them. For much of my basketball life, a Marquette was something I once heard about--sorry, not old enough to know about Al Maguire.
Cincy has been to the Final Four once since 1965. They haven't been to the Elite 8 since 1996. We're not talking about a power-house here.

Marquette isn't a powerhouse. But I don't see how somehow Cincy is significantly better.

Reaction Score
Cincy has been to the Final Four once since 1965. They haven't been to the Elite 8 since 1996. We're not talking about a power-house here.

Marquette isn't a powerhouse. But I don't see how somehow Cincy is significantly better.

Cincy has advantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer