OT: - Smokers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Smokers

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Anybody try a Weber Smokey mountain? My local fireplace BBQ specialty store is running a sale on everything. That includes Big Green Egg. But Smokey mountain is far cheaper and bigger. Unfortunately it seems that the sale is a going out of business sale without it being labeled as such.
I have one, the 22" radius, and it works pretty well. That said, the last butt I smoked was on the kettle with a pan of water underneath, which still came out great. The WSM are a little leaky and might have some issues on windy days. Also, cleaning ashes out is a pain, and you have to flip the middle section when not using it or a lot of rain will find its way in, even while covered.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have one, the 22" radius, and it works pretty well. That said, the last butt I smoked was on the kettle with a pan of water underneath, which still came out great. The WSM are a little leaky and might have some issues on windy days. Also, cleaning ashes out is a pain, and you have to flip the middle section when not using it or a lot of rain will find its way in, even while covered.

Told my friend Dave of my plans and he said he already built an extra Ugly Drum Smoker he will sell me for $200. So it looks like I’ll be going with the Ugly Drum instead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom