smiss | The Boneyard

smiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Meh. I almost prefer Rice simply because it solidifies the Texas wing of the conference. I guess it really doesn't matter in the long run.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's actually to the point where I don't even care who they invite.

Tulsa? Fine. Rice? Fine. Southern Miss? Fine.

Only problem with Rice is that I don't think it's a good idea to have two Owls in the conference.

I think a Golden Eagle or a Golden Hurricane is more suitable.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
This fits the Nate Silver rankings from a year ago.

Reaction Score
It's doesn't matter who we invite as long as we make sure we use a tiered pod system.

All this new rift-raft we're are letting into the conference is going to spoil everything. We need to make sure that, while we need them to fill out our schedule, people don't think we are the same as them.

At the top would be the elite pod which would be composed of us and Cincinatti. I guess we would be the only two schools in this pod. I'm not even too happy about having Cincinnati in this pod. There's just no one else close. Maybe South Florida in this pod too?

Then you had an intermediate pod. You could put Memphis and some others of their quality in there too.

Then you have the rift-raft pod. That's all these new schools like Tulane, Western Michigan, Southern Miss, etc. Temple also goes in this pod. Temple gets the be the leader of this pod. It's their job to make sure everyone is happy and getting along together in the rift-raft pod. Don't mess it up, Temple, we're putting you in charge!

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
A conference with two SMUs! Two!

I heard the advertising demos for Southern Miss are I'm demand. Catfish pie ought to sell well up North

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Of course who better to represent the Golden Shower conference. Of course any Owls probably end up as Golden Owls.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A conference with two SMUs! Two!

I heard the advertising demos for Southern Miss are I'm demand. Catfish pie ought to sell well up North

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Well Southern Miss is actually USM.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
It's doesn't matter who we invite as long as we make sure we use a tiered pod system.

All this new rift-raft we're are letting into the conference is going to spoil everything. We need to make sure that, while we need them to fill out our schedule, people don't think we are the same as them.

At the top would be the elite pod which would be composed of us and Cincinatti. I guess we would be the only two schools in this pod. I'm not even too happy about having Cincinnati in this pod. There's just no one else close. Maybe South Florida in this pod too?

Then you had an intermediate pod. You could put Memphis and some others of their quality in there too.

Then you have the rift-raft pod. That's all these new schools like Tulane, Western Michigan, Southern Miss, etc. Temple also goes in this pod. Temple gets the be the leader of this pod. It's their job to make sure everyone is happy and getting along together in the rift-raft pod. Don't mess it up, Temple, we're putting you in charge!

"It's doesn't matter who we invite" because our time in this #dumpsterfire will be short lived....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"It's doesn't matter who we invite" because our time in this #dumpsterfire will be short lived....
I've long since stopped telling myself this. It's just easier. That way when and if a new conference affiliation comes along I can say "What? A new conference? Oh you guys! How did you know? It's just what I wanted!" Believe me, though, I'm not holding my breath.

Reaction Score

Only problem with Rice is that I don't think it's a good idea to have two Owls in the conference.

At one point ... I was sad that TCU wasn't joining. Primarily (Primary Color thinking) because WE had yet to have a Purple School. We quickly solved that: we invited the East Carolina U. Pirates. Because ... eventually Furman wouldn't do.

Reaction Score

Unfortunately ... I don't believe this to be true.

And I want to warn each & every one of you, if this place turns into the Cuse Board (circa 2003-2011), I am going Postal.

Reaction Score

And I want to warn each & every one of you, if this place turns into the Cuse Board (circa 2003-2011), I am going Postal.

Too late.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

The Cuse board was bitching about a conference we wish we could have back. Imagine them sitting in this ship of fools.

Reaction Score
The Cuse board was bitching about a conference we wish we could have back. Imagine them sitting in this ship of fools.
...and some here are dreaming of one we never had to begin with.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score

OK! Sure! We can keep complaining, but it's time we did something proactive that will gather some real attention. My plan is to invite a number of schools to join a single brand new conference. Screw the ACC and B1G. Invite Connecticut, Houston Baptist, Michigan Tech, Northeastern, Northern Illinois, St. Cloud State, St. Mary's (of Nova Scotia), U of Saskatchewan, Washington, and Southern Maine to the Top Dog Conference.

The mascot of all of them is the Huskies. For all of you who get pissed when the Huskies lose, the Huskies win every game.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Apparently USM us about to get hammered by the NCAA. For paying tennis players.

TENNIS.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Aresco Is doin a great job of securing the confwrence from teams leaving. I would say it Tulane and south miss are safe from poachers

Reaction Score
Area Is doin a great job of securing the confwrence from teams leaving. I would say it Tulane and south miss are safe from poachers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom