Smallwood is falling | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Smallwood is falling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jimmy, I'm hoping that the folks that actually run the UCONN football program, and the athletes that actually wear the uniform, have learned something from this year's draft.

I honestly have no idea what kinds of things can be done, and what actions there are to help guys that fit the profile of a 2013 Yawin Smallwood - with their decision making in the future, but something needs to be done.

Smallwood managed to get his foot through the door, regardless of how any of us think it happened, it did happen, and as a draft pick, even a low seventh rounder a short step away from mr. irrelevant - it's a much different road to travel, than the undrafted alternative - especially as an underclassman. I'm not sure if he's finished his degree yet, if he hasn't - even more relieved I am that he was selected.

It's out of other people's hands, and entirely up to him what happens now though - that's the difference between getting in, and staying there. Getting in - you have no control over. Once you're in the league - you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom