Smallwood is falling | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Smallwood is falling

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Some of the names in Round 7 are incredible to me! Michael Sam, Storm Johnson, Jeremy Gallon, Shamar Stephen (I'm impartial), and Seantrel Henderson (drug issues included). Wow. We've got to find a way to get the NCAA to give us back Smallwood...

Reaction Score
Smallwood is incredibly lucky and should be calling Paul Pasqualoni to thank him right now. Without PP's NFL connections, Smallwood doesn't get drafted.

It's unfortunate where most of these guys get there info from these days. Smallwood should have stayed in school.

Reaction Score
Smallwood is incredibly lucky and should be calling Paul Pasqualoni to thank him right now. Without PP's NFL connections, Smallwood doesn't get drafted.

It's unfortunate where most of these guys get there info from these days. Smallwood should have stayed in school.

Only on the BY does the possibility exist that NFL people with their jobs on the line will pick up the phone from P and do him a solid by taking one of his former players that he didn't even recruit.

But hey I guess anything is possible.

Reaction Score
Thought he had. Better soph year. Thought he should've stayed., but it's his life. Hope he gets picked.
Know doubt about it.Nothing worked out like he thought it would.Should have stayed a year.

Reaction Score

WTF.

Reaction Score
We went through this when Todman declared. What questions would Smallwood have answered by coming back? 3 years of game tape was not sufficient for scouts?

I suspect his failure to run the 40 doomed him.

Reaction Score
Everybody thought I was nuts when I said Todman would be lucky to be a 3rd day pick too. Without PP's NFL connections, Smallwood doesnt' get drafted. Period.

That means nothing about his ability to make an NFL game day roster. It's the business of the NFL. Smallwood's stock was crap.

The worst thing about the internet and college football, is the info out there about NFL prospects. Early entry in the NFL draft is a problem that's going to escalate and get worse before it gets better.

Reaction Score
But what weaknesses would he have improved upon?

For selfish reasons I wish he stayed. But the risk of injury is too high and he has nothing left to prove.

Reaction Score
Carl Spackler said:
Everybody thought I was nuts when I said Todman would be lucky to be a 3rd day pick too. Without PP's NFL connections, Smallwood doesnt' get drafted. Period.

That means nothing about his ability to make an NFL game day roster. It's the business of the NFL. Smallwood's stock was crap.

The worst thing about the internet and college football, is the info out there about NFL prospects. Early entry in the NFL draft is a problem that's going to escalate and get worse before it gets better.

Wow.

Reaction Score
Yawin's pathetic showing at the combine in the bench press is a direct indictment of how Jerry Martin had slipped as a strength coach. It woul have been interesting to see what Yawin's numbers would have been on the field and at the combine after working with Matt Balis.

Reaction Score
Yawin's pathetic showing at the combine in the bench press is a direct indictment of how Jerry Martin had slipped as a strength coach. It woul have been interesting to see what Yawin's numbers would have been on the field and at the combine after working with Matt Balis.

Martin's role was reduced by PP.

Besides, every athlete knows what the NFL measures. They should start doing reps at 225 as freshman.

Reaction Score
I think Yawin is probably the best all around LB to play at UCONN. But, his performance at the combine was someone who was either banged up, not fully prepared or a combination of the two. The 40 may very well have been the hammy, but then he put up only 18 reps on the bench.

The more I hear and read about this program under P the more and more convinced I am that he was completely inept and top of the list may have been neglect of S&C.

Reaction Score

All I know is Sio went to Florida the minute school was out and did nothing but work out all day every day to get himself ready for the combine. It showed. He did nothing else. It was the only thing that he cared about. Not everyone puts that much time in. I have no idea how hard Smallwood worked, but he either didn't put in the time or if he did he was doing it wrong to end up with those numbers. Great player, hope he hangs on.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

If anything FHCPP hurt Yarwin with the change in defense where he attacked less when Brown was the defensive coach. Yes his lousy 40 hurt but the change in schemes hurt him even more.

Reaction Score
Nice to get two more players drafted than University of Texas.

It's mind boggling, what Huskymedic posted in another thread, that Texas' 2010 class was ranked 3rd in recruiting and they had 0 drafted this year.

How is that even possible?

Edit: They had 18 four or five star players in that class.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek