Slow starts & rebounds | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Slow starts & rebounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Right now UConn is a bunch of pieces not a cohesive team. With all of the new players it is going to take time to become a real team. Be patient.

Reaction Score
Leebo said:
Can the trolls wait for the game to end to start trolling, please.

Not trolling, but for our supposed "star" what has he done so far in his career?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Our front court is just overmatched against anything with a pulse and the coaching staff doesn't seem to be able to fix, well, anything.

Reaction Score
Guys, we're down by less than we were in the Gonzaga game, so take a chill pill. Chances are they won't play both of their worst halves of their lives back to back.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Am I the only one that thinks Hamilton is the most overrated "star" we've had in a long time?
Wait wait wait..... When the hell did DHam become a star? Not in my book

Reaction Score
are you guys serious? were not a consistent team yet. when we put it together its huge flashes. well be fine

Reaction Score
The biggest problem offensively is not our inability to finish plays. It's our indecisiveness on the catch - the half-second Gibbs, Purvis and (every time) Hamilton take before actually continuing the play.

I love DHam, but he is a ball-stopper. This undoes the good work that the team occasionally does when moving the ball, and allows the defense to reset.

This absolutely has to be addressed.

Reaction Score
Keep it within 15 at the break and let KO throw some chairs in the locker room.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Shonn Miller's defense may be the most disappointing aspect of the entire season. He's a matador out there. Making KenPom look stupid every game.

We can be the biggest Ollie fans in the world but he's getting out coached almost every game.

Reaction Score
I do think Adams needs to be the point guard and Gibbs needs to play off the ball. But, give credit to Maryland as they played great defense in the first half.

Reaction Score
This is not a championship team. At least right now it isn't. This is ugly. Not one guy showed up to play.

Reaction Score
Every single drive to the basket in that half had a least two Maryland frontcourt players in the way.

Reaction Score
If Ollie doesn't find the right unit like he did in the Gonzaga 2nd half, this game is going to get ugly. I want Hamilton to stay on the wing and less attacking the rim.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Shonn Miller's defense may be the most disappointing aspect of the entire season. He's a matador out there. Making KenPom look stupid every game.

We can be the biggest Ollie fans in the world but he's getting out coached almost every game.
It pains me to think that Shonn is just Ivy League.

Reaction Score
This is not a championship team. At least right now it isn't. This is ugly. Not one guy showed up to play.
While I'm similarly frustrated, no team is a championship team in December, so I'm less concerned about that.

But to be a championship team in March...they need to get their sh¡t together.

Reaction Score
Taking Miller and Gibbs is starting to look like the worst thing we could have done this year. They aren't adding anything thus far and are just delaying Enoch and Adams development. Maybe my expectations were too high but this is just absolutely pathetic.

Reaction Score
Maryland has decent big men. UConn really does not have a big that has any decent scoring moves. Maryland is making us beat them by penetrating and they are pushing the guards deep making driving difficult.

Reaction Score
24-12 domination by Maryland on the boards. That is the #1 problem for this team right now. It doesn't have the talent, free throw shooting, 3 point shooting to afford losing the boards that bad.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Losing every game in the first half is becoming tradition here. Calhoun has to be dying watching this.

Nolan getting the same minutes as Brimah is a travesty. Brimah got three boards in a minute and we take him out for 7 minutes. Inept

Reaction Score
this is really disappointing. i'm not ready to blame this all on Ollie , but you have to be in complete denial to not start asking questions. this is so embarrassing and to have our hopes up so high after by plugging the offensive deficiencies that wasn't there last year and the rebounding that wasn't there last year with veteran players that had results before coming here, and still come up empty-handed is brutally disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom