Slovenia game and pictures | The Boneyard

Slovenia game and pictures

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
IMG_1677.jpeg

Reaction Score
Actually could follow the flow of the game with more ease than the Croatia game.
Continue to be impressed with the freshmen, especially Q.
She, KK, & Ashlyn all work hard out there, perhaps wanting to impress Geno for the coming battle for minutes.
Ice coming along slowly like most post players do.
Some sloppy ball handling & miscommunication but you have to expect that from newbies at this stage.
Aliyah looks like she’s ready to take on anything & anybody.
Seems to be the only answer to her is hope to get her in foul trouble and off the court.
Azzi seems to be cruising along until she gets hot & starts dropping them in from everywhere.
Nika in mid season form, arguing with anybody in a striped shirt and spending the required time rolling on the floor.
Hope, maybe, to see Caroline in Italy

sun

Reaction Score
#5 for Slovenia played really well along with the others who made some good shots.
Slovenia wasn't afraid to play physical & bump our players.
They even employed a double screen on both sides of a UConn defender to box them out on one play.
UConn would have been lost without Azzi & Edwards.
KK showed that she can stop on a dime while dribbling & change direction making her very tough to contain.
IMO she's getting fast tracked to the max, she's much too quick on both sides of the court to sit on the bench.
UConn was employing some "just go" with the PG duties at times.
I'll be surprised if Italy can play any better than Slovenia did.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Much more enjoyable than the first game.

On the basis of this game, I think KK is a threat to Nika’s minutes. I don’t know how KK will play against a stronger team, but her athleticism, energy, ball handling, passing, and shooting form are impressive. She seems to have a much higher offensive ceiling than Nika. I don’t know how KK compares to Nika’s obvious strengths. Defense, leadership, and a mysterious, infectious quality that makes everyone around her better.

I still want the starting lineup Nika, Paige, Azzi, Ice/Aubrey, Aaliyah, but other attractive options are Paige, Azzi, Caroline/Aubrey, Ice/Aubrey, Aaliyah, as well as KK, if she plays like this against better players, with Paige, Azzi, Aubrey/Ice, Aaliyah. I was happy to see Nika hit some 3s.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I could be mistaken, but I think every freshman looks game ready, and I mean NCAA Division 1 ready. I hope that with the talent that is available, that none of the lower classmen gets the "looking over the shoulder syndrome" while in the game. Every one of them can, and should, be able to contribute to the team.
"The future's so bright (I gotta wear shades)!"

Reaction Score
I could be mistaken, but I think every freshman looks game ready, and I mean NCAA Division 1 ready. I hope that with the talent that is available, that none of the lower classmen gets the "looking over the shoulder syndrome" while in the game. Every one of them can, and should, be able to contribute to the team.
"The future's so bright (I gotta wear shades)!"
All 3 and Ice are impressive. All good motors.. Aggressive... Fun to watch.

Reaction Score
I don't believe this type of talent and floor vision is going to be used only in blowouts and mop up time. She already knows how to move a defense, penetrate, and exploit the holes in it. And Coach A knows it.
KK left the defender and poor Edwards went to set a pick that she didn't need to. Haven't seen this quickness since MoJeff.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just a few thoughts on the highlights:

Ashlynn was on the floor for several of them. Good for her!

All 3 freshmen hit 3-pointers.

If Azzi is open at the arc, get her the ball.

Aubrey is simply faster than everyone else. She makes things happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom