Sleeper Deep Dives: Donovan Clingan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sleeper Deep Dives: Donovan Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This has to be satire.
LMAO. The 2006 and 2012 teams beg to differ based on how often Rudy Gay and Andre Drummond were allowed to do their things in games where UConn was more effective when they weren't in.

If you sit what is perceived to be your star, sometimes it's for the good but coaches also have to factor in both chemistry and whether it effects the ability to attract stars in the future.

Reaction Score
Donovan is one of the main keys to turning the mid season slump around. The only way he gets significantly more minutes is to commit to the Double Big 10-15 minutes a game. He’s a game changer on a team the needs one.
We must move away from our mid major schemes (4 out/1 in, high hedge with Big, etc) and play elite D1 ball.

Reaction Score
Donovan is one of the main keys to turning the mid season slump around. The only way he gets significantly more minutes is to commit to the Double Big 10-15 minutes a game. He’s a game changer on a team the needs one.
We must move away from our mid major schemes (4 out/1 in, high hedge with Big, etc) and play elite D1 ball.

Timestamped at 2:15am. Was this a "sleep-post" or a "drunk-post"? ;)

Reaction Score
I’d love to see 4 min per half with both DC and AS on the floor. Would be even better if Hurley could time it for when the opponents main big is out for a breather.
Solid reasons-offensively and defensively -why both DC and AS should be on the floor at the same time. Hurley and staff have to help create the plays and chemistry between them that I’ll make it work. . ( Granted that all teams/players are different but Xavier and Coach Miller seem to have cracked the code).

Reaction Score
More talk about Clingan's NBA potential. Sounds like at least 1 more year. I know someone who had dinner with a close family friend and they were saying the family was thinking 3 years. But that can easily change.

“I think he needs a little bit more time to develop,” Barrette noted. “You don’t want to leave too early. He knows he needs more time. He’s got to develop.”

Alternate free access:

Here’s how NBA scouts view UConn men's basketball freshman Donovan Clingan: 'On everyone’s radar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom