Sleeper Deep Dives: Donovan Clingan | The Boneyard

Sleeper Deep Dives: Donovan Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
“At this point in the season, Clingan has cleared that bar and then some. He is currently averaging 8.0 PPG, 6.2 RPG, and 2.0 BPG on 71/0/52 shooting splits in just 13.8 minutes per game of playing time.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At this point in the season, Clingan has cleared that bar and then some. He is currently averaging 8.0 PPG, 6.2 RPG, and 2.0 BPG on 71/0/52 shooting splits in just 13.8 minutes per game of playing time.

That kind of per-40 production is genuinely ridiculous. 23/18 w/ 6 blocks... absurd. Best defensive rating on the team by a healthy margin. The only thing holding him back at this point is Hack-A-Cling.

I don't think it's out of the question for him to have a Edey-esque sophomore season, but it might be a stretch. I think something like 14/8 with 2-3 blocks is likely.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
Play him. Unleash the Clingan monster early and as often as you can.
Screenshot_20230202-141649-374.png

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
That kind of per-40 production is genuinely ridiculous. 23/18 w/ 6 blocks... absurd. Best defensive rating on the team by a healthy margin. The only thing holding him back at this point is Hack-A-Cling.

I don't think it's out of the question for him to have a Edey-esque sophomore season, but it might be a stretch. I think something like 14/8 with 2-3 blocks is likely.
If he stays longer than 2 years, he’ll be better than Edey

Reaction Score
I don’t think anyone would argue his lack of PT it’s a conditioning issue lol. We all know what the “issue” is. Unfortunately, he is just going to have to wait his turn (but he knew that coming in…)
Yeah, we have a lot of issues......but then, really only one

Reaction Score
I don’t think anyone would argue his lack of PT it’s a conditioning issue lol. We all know what the “issue” is. Unfortunately, he is just going to have to wait his turn (but he knew that coming in…)
Things might change down the stretch with DH playing the double big last game. Might be a glimpse of an option that will be utilized

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Things might change down the stretch with DH playing the double big last game. Might be a glimpse of an option that will be utilized
I’d love to see 4 min per half with both DC and AS on the floor. Would be even better if Hurley could time it for when the opponents main big is out for a breather.

Reaction Score

How many fouls per-40?

Reaction Score
Patently False. Zach Edey and Donovan were both around 14 per game in Freshman season. Bigs take time.
Clingan has been better than Edey was as a freshman. So, I still think the statement stands.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Clingan has been better than Edey was as a freshman. So, I still think the statement stands.
That’s not true either. Their numbers are shockingly similar .Clingan slightly I guess, but to make that distinction is puerile.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
Patently False. Zach Edey and Donovan were both around 14 per game in Freshman season. Bigs take time.
Honest question. Is it like a pitch count, avoiding injury? What's the strategy ?

What I see with DC is that once he gets all grimacing and sweaty his game comes alive. You can see it in his eyes, he wants it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Honest question. Is it like a pitch count, avoiding injury? What's the strategy ?

What I see with DC is that once he gets all grimacing and sweaty his game comes alive. You can see it in his eyes, he wants it.
No pitch count. He just doesn't get the time by choice

Reaction Score
Tremendous player!! What a shame the coach and the team can't find a way to use him.
No winners here the team or Clingan.
Calhoun would have no problem as he is about wins and didn't let ISSUES get in the way.

Reaction Score
That’s not true either. Their numbers are shockingly similar .Clingan slightly I guess, but to make that distinction is puerile.
Puerile — nice word choice! Don’t hear that one too often.

Their stats are somewhat similar - but Clingan has almost 50% more rebounds per game than Edey did as a freshman, while actually playing fewer mpg. Clingan is also shooting over 70% from the field, virtually unheard of - compared to Edey shooting a still impressive 59%. And Clingan is averaging twice as many blocks per game.

Edey had a great freshman year, no doubt. But Clingan has been more impressive by a decent margin.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Tremendous player!! What a shame the coach and the team can't find a way to use him.
No winners here the team or Clingan.
Calhoun would have no problem as he is about wins and didn't let ISSUES get in the way.
This has to be satire.

Reaction Score
I was way ahead on this. :)

So if Clingan happens to stay for his junior year (I know, long shot) we're talking first team All American and potentially POY?

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99