Skylar out, Tulsa wins big | The Boneyard

Skylar out, Tulsa wins big

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Storm lost by nearly 30, as Riquna Williams was on fire for the Shock. Tulsa started rookie Angel Goodrich out of Kansas at guard, as Skylar is still recovering from an ankle injury. Angel played like Gail Goodrich, recording 14 points, 5 steals, 4 rebounds, and 2 assists. She shot the ball very well: 5-7 overall, 2-3 from distance, 2-2 on FTs.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not sure you can draw much from one game - Seattle is really bad this year - but Skyler certainly has a learning curve. She'll get it tho. Her talent is legit...

Reaction Score
The Storm lost by nearly 30, as Riquna Williams was on fire for the Shock. Tulsa started rookie Angel Goodrich out of Kansas at guard, as Skylar is still recovering from an ankle injury. Angel played like Gail Goodrich, recording 14 points, 5 steals, 4 rebounds, and 2 assists. She shot the ball very well: 5-7 overall, 2-3 from distance, 2-2 on FTs.

Gail Goodrich...a blast from the past! Good player...college and pro....enjoyed watching him play. Traded for Mel Counts...remember him! Imagine growing up in L.A. and having your number retired by both the Lakers and UCLA. He lives in Connecticut now. Sorry for the side track....back to you.

HGN

Reaction Score
I don't know what this says about the play , or lack thereof , of Skylar for Tulsa , but if the Shock have about 2 more games like the last one with Diggins out she may have a hard time getting her starting position back.

Just saying.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Gail Goodrich...a blast from the past! Good player...college and pro....enjoyed watching him play. Traded for Mel Counts...remember him! Imagine growing up in L.A. and having your number retired by both the Lakers and UCLA. He lives in Connecticut now. Sorry for the side track....back to you.

Mel, a seven footer, loved to play shooting guard!!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I don't know what this says about the play , or lack thereof , of Skylar for Tulsa , but if the Shock have about 2 more games like the last one with Diggins out she may have a hard time getting her starting position back.

Just saying.

Balderdash!

They need her back ASAP in order to get the best odds for next year's lottery.

;)

Reaction Score
Saw write up where said Tulsa "Star" Diggins would miss the game. Seems like she has been crowned a star a little ahead of star performance.

HGN

Reaction Score
Balderdash!

;)
LOL................I guess its a little rough going up against bigger, faster , and in your face guards every night. Many rookies have a hard time adjusting to the speed and physical play. Even the head-band-on and head-band-off strategy isn't working right now.

HGN

Reaction Score
Balderdash!

;)
VAMike , they must be shooting to make the lottery as you mentioned. Certainly doesn't look like they been shooting to make baskets.:rolleyes:

U

UCONNfan1

LOL................I guess its a little rough going up against bigger, faster , and in your face guards every night. Many rookies have a hard time adjusting to the speed and physical play. Even the head-band-on and head-band-off strategy isn't working right now.
Yes... reminds me of the "wax on, wax off" strategy when I was learning Kung Fool...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom