Skylar Diggins is in the SI Swimsuit issue | The Boneyard

Skylar Diggins is in the SI Swimsuit issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She looks great, but I'm surprised she isn't wearing Leprechaun green.

56 TO GO

Reaction Score
I had to disagree about athletes posing for the swim suit edition. OK, they look like babes, but I really try to always talk about the players with 100% respect. Don't want to refer to any of them on this board as babes. Seems very demeaning. As a guy, I had to think about this for a while until the answer became self-evident. :cool:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I had to disagree about athletes posing for the swim suit edition. OK, they look like babes, but I really try to always talk about the players with 100% respect. Don't want to refer to any of them on this board as babes. Seems very demeaning. As a guy, I had to think about this for a while until the answer became self-evident. :cool:
I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but what came out of your post is that if a woman is a babe, you're less likely to speak about her with respect. Not sure why a woman needs to be unattractive to earn respect. This is nothing new or unique to you, btw, it's just something that has always annoyed me.

Reaction Score
I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but what came out of your post is that if a woman is a babe, you're less likely to speak about her with respect. Not sure why a woman needs to be unattractive to earn respect. This is nothing new or unique to you, btw, it's just something that has always annoyed me.

I guess it's an Object type of thing. I feel uncomfortable ogling her female sexual attributes after respecting her for who and what she is.
It's the old argument where the women are not looked at like people, but as a basis for fantasies inconsistent with them as individuals. I don't want men dating my daughter as a sexual object, but as peers looking to develop mutual respect.

I understand human nature as much as the next person, but as a man looking at a woman acting sexual and exposing her sexual attributes I simply do not think of her as the great athlete she is.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, if a woman poses in a bikini like that I don't see anything wrong with looking at her as a sex object. Bid deal, she's hot. But I'm not sure how that carries over with not respecting her or any other woman.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, if a woman poses in a bikini like that I don't see anything wrong with looking at her as a s e x object. Bid deal, she's hot. But I'm not sure how that carries over with not respecting her or any other woman.

Maybe that's what I'm getting at. I'm old school and I have a little girl. I no longer respect Skylar Diggins. She's cheapened the sport for me. Sorry, but that's what the picture did for me. Isn't this the subject of this thread? If not I apologize.

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Maybe that's what I'm getting at. I'm old school and I have a little girl. I no longer respect Skylar Diggins. She's cheapened the sport for me. Sorry, but that's what the picture did for me. Isn't this the subject of this thread? If not I apologize.
I wonder if you feel that Diana Taurasi cheapened the game after posing for ESPN's The Body issue. The women have fantastic figures and they're rightfully proud of them. If they want to show them, I have no beef with it as no one is exploiting them. Context is everything.

Screen-shot-2010-10-08-at-7.23.09-PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22