Skip Holz????? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Skip Holz?????

Reaction Score
I'll agree with that, and he would be an exceptional get for UCONN.
And to do that, you might have to offer a Hurley-sized salary. Not what people are talking about so far.

And in my mind that would be appropriate. You don't always get what you pay for, but trying to cut corners greatly increases the chances that you do not.

Reaction Score
And to do that, you might have to offer a Hurley-sized salary. Not what people are talking about so far.

And in my mind that would be appropriate. You don't always get what you pay for, but trying to cut corners greatly increases the chances that you do not.

UConn is talking $2m+, JM is currently making $900k what are you talking about? $2.5-$3m is good enough for Moorhead. That’s two times his current salary. Dave already stated that we’re all in.

Reaction Score
UConn is talking $2m+, JM is currently making $900k what are you talking about? $2.5-$3m is good enough for Moorhead. That’s two times his current salary. Dave already stated that we’re all in.
Yup! We are in violent agreement. Hurley makes $2.9 million, right? All I said is that it might take that to get Moorhead who will have other options. Your range is spot on I would think.

Reaction Score
Yup! We are in violent agreement. Hurley makes $2.9 million, right? All I said is that it might take that to get Moorhead who will have other options. Your range is spot on I would think.
Ok we agree. JM is a proven coach I think he’s definitely worth that value. $2.5-$3m for Moorhead is just right.

Reaction Score
Skip Holtz overall record this year is about to be 2-7 so far and Al Golden hasn’t been in College for about 6yrs, when he was coaching he was pretty average. I think we need to shut these names down. It’s ridiculous how some are even ok with these guys. I just don’t see Dave making these kinds of hires. Hurley was one of the hottest coaches out there when we were searching and Dave managed to hire him, there’s no way he’s going to do the opposite of that and hire a retread and almost retread. The way he sees UConn Athletics as a whole is not how some of you sees it.
If he is using UConn basketball as a model for what we want to accomplish for UConn football, he would be as clueless as many on this board. The football program could not get a Danny Hurley to come here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If he is using UConn basketball as a model for what we want to accomplish for UCon football, he would be as clueless as many on this board. The football program could not get a Danny Hurley to come here.

There’s plenty to sell UConn football not sure what you mean by model. Point is the way Dave views UConn is not the way some of you see it. He will sell the hell out of this brand cause he believes in UConn Athletics. Have you ever had a conversation with Dave? Maybe not. The championships women’s and men’s basketball brought to this program doesn’t hurt UConn as a whole it actually helps, on top of all the other benefits that has been listed on here.

There’s no reason why we should be settling for ridiculous coaches like Holtz who’s team is 2-7 right now and a retread in Golden that hasn’t coached college football in over 6yrs. Some of you are small minded individuals. A settle mentality vs pushing it to the limit mentality. The point about Hurley is that he’s the opposite of these coaches you guys are ok settling with, for him to make those kinds of hires would be the complete opposite of his Hurley hire. It wouldn’t make sense. Especially how he views UConn Athletics as a whole. He knows that this hire is more important than the basketball hire in terms of money generated. JM is not Saban I don’t see why UConn football isn’t able to hire an OC who isn’t even in the top 10 of hottest coaches right now. He’s probably between 10-15 best coach/coordinator in college football. We should shoot our shot with Moorhead, Herman, Entz, Lewis… etc if he wants to go with an up and comer from the FCS ranks who has their team winning I’m all for that too, but Holtz and Golden is laughable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom