Skip Holz????? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Skip Holz?????

Reaction Score
But seriously if we are down to Hotlz or Golden…Hotlz over Golden! Give m the guy that is still at least in college football. Plus, I don’t want my coach wearing a shirt and tie

But I would prefer a more imaginative hire.
Funny, I don't want one who looks like a slob.

Reaction Score
Camon this place went all weak knee when he wore short sleeves during the game !

Reaction Score
UAB. Looks like they are playing on the same field that we beat South Carolina in our last bowl victory.
I’m pretty sure they are playing in their brand new stadium.

Reaction Score
Skip Holtz overall record this year is about to be 2-7 so far and Al Golden hasn’t been in College for about 6yrs, when he was coaching he was pretty average. I think we need to shut these names down. It’s ridiculous how some are even ok with these guys. I just don’t see Dave making these kinds of hires. Hurley was one of the hottest coaches out there when we were searching and Dave managed to hire him, there’s no way he’s going to do the opposite of that and hire a retread and almost retread. The way he sees UConn Athletics as a whole is not how some of you sees it.

Reaction Score
We need a coach that when we take the field has the fierceness of Mel Gibson in Braveheart with 85 screaming maniacs behind him so that the other team's coach looks around and says "Who the hell scheduled these guys!?" We need energy and offense!
You mean it was the wrong approach at Michigan for our guys to walk out slowly, arms linked together, while the Michigan guys stormed out of the locker room jumping and running like wild men?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Skip Holtz overall record this year is about to be 2-7 so far and Al Golden hasn’t been in College for about 6yrs, when he was coaching he was pretty average. I think we need to shut these names down. It’s ridiculous how some are even ok with these guys. I just don’t see Dave making these kinds of hires. Hurley was one of the hottest coaches out there when we were searching and Dave managed to hire him, there’s no way he’s going to do the opposite of that and hire a retread and almost retread. The way he sees UConn Athletics as a whole is not how some of you sees it.
Hopefully Dave’s evaluation criteria differs from “oh yeah, I remember that name” as the prominent factor.

Reaction Score
It's also ridiculous comparing hiring Hurley for basketball to hiring the next football coach. We can hope for a home run but I really think we need to temper our expectations of who would be willing to take this job.

Reaction Score
It's also ridiculous comparing hiring Hurley for basketball to hiring the next football coach. We can hope for a home run but I really think we need to temper our expectations of who would be willing to take this job.
So Moorhead is a high expectation? I don’t see it how you see it. I’m sure most on here and Dave also sees it differently than the minority.

Reaction Score
JM is not too high some others probably are since they likely don’t have interest in coming here.JM? Who knows? At least he knows what it is all about here.

Reaction Score
So Moorhead is a high expectation? I don’t see it how you see it. I’m sure most on here and Dave also sees it differently than the minority.
I think the concensus is yes, Joe Moorhead is a very high expectation. I would consider UCONN Basketball a destination job just like Ohio State or Texas in Football.

Reaction Score
I think the concensus is yes, Joe Moorhead is a very high expectation. I would consider UCONN Basketball a destination job just like Ohio State or Texas in Football.

We’ll see with the next hire. My point is, how many of those Texas and Ohio States are going to be available? Not many, so if these 10-15 coaches who are considered high value coaches ahead of Moorhead, what makes you think we don’t have a shot? I just named 10 coaches who are in a better position than Moorhead to land a P5 G5 job. Grinch who I named ahead Moorhead is already the front runner for the TTech job. UConn is not a bad job as some might think. Dave also sees us a a great job. But again we’ll see.

Reaction Score
We’ll see with the next hire. My point is, how many of those Texas and Ohio States are going to be available? Not many, so if these 10-15 coaches who are considered high value coaches ahead of Moorhead, what makes you think we don’t have a shot? I just named 10 coaches who are in a better position than Moorhead to land a P5 G5 job. Grinch who I named ahead Moorhead is already the front runner for the TTech job. UConn is not a bad job as some might think. Dave also sees us a a great job. But again we’ll see.
I think UCONN is a great job! My point is, hiring a great, hot coach for UCONN Basketball is kids-play compared to hiring our next football coach, given the situation we are in. This job is going to be a huge uphill challenge, high risk, unknown reward. I hope we find a great coach who is up to the task.

Reaction Score
I think UCONN is a great job! My point is, hiring a great, hot coach for UCONN Basketball is kids-play compared to hiring our next football coach, given the situation we are in. This job is going to be a huge uphill challenge, high risk, unknown reward. I hope we find a great coach who is up to the task.
My point is that Moorhead is NOT the hottest or is even in the top 10 conversation of college coaches.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom