Skip Holz????? | The Boneyard

Skip Holz?????

Reaction Score
Oh, geez, can't UConn be a little more imaginative than that? Another retread? Compared to the other names mentioned on this board this is just more of the same tired strategy from UConn.

I raise this question based on reports from On3/Uconn Daily this morning. Your thoughts?

Reaction Score
We can do worse. (and have repeatedly done so, starting with Hathaway hiring Pasqualoni, who’d been fired at Syracuse and then spent time in the NFL (how’d THAT hiring decision make any sense?)).

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Oh, geez, can't UConn be a little more imaginative than that? Another retread? Compared to the other names mentioned on this board this is just more of the same tired strategy from UConn.

I raise this question based on reports from On3/Uconn Daily this morning. Your thoughts?
They were just speculating..Not going to be him guarantee it..

Reaction Score
If we go retread, it better be Art Briles. Before anyone says anything about Briles, he was fully exonerated and he wants a job. It would be a huge statement by UConn to press the “win at all costs button”. Again, he’s was entirely exonerated of wrongdoing at Baylor.

Edit: I’d also gladly hire Kendall Briles.

CLAS92

Muttley
Reaction Score
Either trolling us, or he’s that kid who never learned from the hot stove.

Reaction Score
If we go retread, it better be Art Briles. Before anyone says anything about Briles, he was fully exonerated and he wants a job. It would be a huge statement by UConn to press the “win at all costs button”. Again, he’s was entirely exonerated of wrongdoing at Baylor.

Dude, Briles didn't catch a Show Cause but he was far from "exonerated."

Reaction Score

He was not found to have committed any NCAA rules violations. That does not mean that he didn't ignore rapes and physical assaults committed by his players (he did). Art Briles is never going to coach at UConn, the state wouldn't allow it.

Reaction Score
Dude, Briles didn't catch a Show Cause but he was far from "exonerated."
Well, Art, his attorney and several sports writers say he was. Good enough for me. I want to win games and enjoy UConn football. If that doesn’t work for you, hire Kendall Briles.

Reaction Score
We need a coach that when we take the field has the fierceness of Mel Gibson in Braveheart with 85 screaming maniacs behind him so that the other team's coach looks around and says "Who the hell scheduled these guys!?" We need energy and offense!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We need a coach that when we take the field has the fierceness of Mel Gibson in Braveheart with 85 screaming maniacs behind him so that the other team's coach looks around and says "Who the hell scheduled these guys!?" We need energy and offense!
So we need a guy who is willing to cover himself in body paint? A high energy guy who’s going to be on his feet yelling the whole game? Where could we ever find a guy like that?

9955240F-9E83-4FCB-8E2D-327AD7CCF3C9.jpeg

Reaction Score
Holtz is like ordering the premium burger entree at a top notch steak house. Why? It costs a little less but you can claim it’s tastes great. But the truth is it’s way over-priced for an average piece of ground sirloin. Order the Porterhouse or Filet Mignon or just go to your favorite burger joint and stop posing.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Holtz is like ordering the premium burger entree at a top notch steak house. Why? It costs a little less but you can claim it’s tastes great. But the truth is it’s way over-priced for an average piece of ground sirloin. Order the Porterhouse or Filet Mignon or just go to your favorite burger joint and stop posing.
SKIPMEAT.jpg

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Sean Lewis. Kent State. Fits the bill.
lewisheart.jpg

Reaction Score
Mrs. coachcap is of Scottish heritage (Clan Gunn), so my kids, proud wearers of the tartan (& UConn grads), would agree!
Do you celebrate Robert Burns night in your house? And do weddings in your family call for the full regalia on the part of the males?

Obligatory UConn football content: gosh, this month cannot go by soon enough.

Reaction Score

is this the same RSTuthill who thought FCS was the right path for the UCONN Football team after $300m+ investment?

Skip Holtz is fine. Al Golden is fine. Both have raised a Program from nothing into something; both sincerely know our northeastern recruiting paradigm. The WORST ideas - imho - is to go OFFENSIVE with some young guy who is from the south or from lower divisions. A Morehead a Cignetti ... they have credible rising potential for where we are today. Golden took over a Temple with far less infrastructure and far worse history. (yes ... that is true). RSTuthill: we were formed with the idea that we could be FBS Power 5 in the Big East. Makes zero sense to be with the 6000 seat URI today.

Reaction Score
is this the same RSTuthill who thought FCS was the right path for the UCONN Football team after $300m+ investment?

Skip Holtz is fine. Al Golden is fine. Both have raised a Program from nothing into something; both sincerely know our northeastern recruiting paradigm. The WORST ideas - imho - is to go OFFENSIVE with some young guy who is from the south or from lower divisions. A Morehead a Cignetti ... they have credible rising potential for where we are today. Golden took over a Temple with far less infrastructure and far worse history. (yes ... that is true). RSTuthill: we were formed with the idea that we could be FBS Power 5 in the Big East. Makes zero sense to be with the 6000 seat URI today.
Quite the outburst. Can you find a post where I said that? Because my position all along has been that if they were going to continue the low budget route with cut rate retread HC and his staff that reconstituting the Yankee Conference would be preferable. That the current route was unsustainable. But that has now changed has it not? New commitments from the top. Do you have a problem with that?

Reaction Score
Btw, Holz is not fine. Hiring him would be a sign of weakness on the part of DB.

Reaction Score
Neither Holtz nor Golden would be my top choices but I wouldn’t call either one a disaster by any means. I guess if I had a choice I’d take Holtz because he has maintained his college connections and I am a little uncomfortable with an NFL guy relating to college kids.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom