Six ejected, including Brittney Griner, as fight breaks out between Mercury and Wings | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Six ejected, including Brittney Griner, as fight breaks out between Mercury and Wings

Reaction Score
The one thing I'd add to this thread is that fouls are down significantly in the WNBA this year. So Taurasi is right on the money there.

At the recent Sky/Liberty game, I was joking to folks in my section that Dolson and Charles might need 3 rounds in the UFC Octagon to settle things after the game. Fortunately, they never moved past shoving to punching.

Anecdotally, it seems to me that many of the fouls that do get called are of the ticky-tack variety while people are regularly getting clobbered in the paint without calls. It's just very strange. The way they are refereeing the league this year, they were basically asking for this to happen.

If they would just have the refs call fouls, this wouldn't happen. What's the cost of that? A few ugly games with lots of free throws and people fouling out? Seems well worth it.

Women’s college games are reffed by the same “see nothing” refs. Even obvious fouls like knocking down a point guard from behind while bringing the ball up court. Was not called. An obvious dirty play. Some fans don’t include their own team when complaining!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom