OT: - Six Degrees from Kevin Bacon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Six Degrees from Kevin Bacon

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Still some time for silly OT threads and everybody is a little too intense in the Celtics Coach thread. So, how far are you from Bacon based on people you’ve engaged with in person.

Me-> Law School roommate went to high school with -> Brad Pitt was in sleepers with -> Kevin Bacon
Me-> Supernatural con where I met Mark Sheppard who was in Broken with -> Tess Harper who was in Criminal Law with -> Kevin Bacon.

That’s two 4s. I was an extra in a movie with Anthony Sabato Jr. but didn’t really meet him (he ran past us). if it counted Me -> Anthony Sabato Jr in the big hit with Mark Wahlburg -> was in Patriot Day with Kevin Bacon. So a 3 but not close enough to count it.

What is your degree of separation from Kevin Bacon? Let’s hear it.

Based on this, it goes:

I've talked to HuskyHawk, who has a connection to Antonio Sabato Jr. who is supposedly a distant cousin of mine... who was in a movie with Wahlberg who was in a movie with Kevin Bacon.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Went to school with Ray Allen (Also met and conversed with Ray Allen at The Travelers Championship in 2008 or '09). If that is not enough, Eric Hayward, teammate of Ray Allen, was my neighbor and "borrowed" cable from us on Watson 5 my freshman year.

Ray Allen was in He Got Game with Denzel Washington.
Denzel was in Philadelphia with Tom Hanks.
Hanks was in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hey, this puts you two degrees from Palatine!
Well now I’m feeling decidedly less positive about it.

It Is What It Is Dont Care GIF by AwesomenessTV

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I met Ron Darling at a breakfast event honoring his game pitched against Frank Viola when he was with Yale. Darling was in Shallow Hal with Bruce McGill, who was in Animal House with Kevin Bacon.

This website helped me. My Bacon number is 3.

oracleofbacon.org

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
I feel like this requires a little more exposition, because, frankly, it’s pretty damn cool.
Lol - not as exciting as you'd think. Was living in NYC and saw a tall, cute girl smoking a cig outside outside my office building as I was coming in from lunch. Stopped to try and make a little small talk by bumming a cigarette, didn't realize who it was until I got her attention. Super nice and told me she was there (my office - I worked for a major cable TV network at the time) to do some promotional work.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Me-> Law School roommate went to high school with -> Brad Pitt was in sleepers with -> Kevin Bacon

What is your degree of separation from Kevin Bacon? Let’s hear it.

For those struggling, this can help

I once bummed a cigarette from Uma Thurman

Okay, here's a mashup of inspiration, intuition, laziness, ego, and resourcefulness that got me to 2:

I started with a law school memory and a sense that I'd get a good result, and eventually benefitted from the much-appreciated Oracle tool. @Apollo's post is a happy coincidence that appeared after I'd gotten my story.

One Saturday morning, I walked to Murray's Bagels on 6th Ave in Greenwich Village. At the two-person table closest to the cash register, an absolutely beautiful woman caught my eye. When I glanced at the guy across from her, and saw it was Ethan Hawke, I realized that it was Uma Thurman. Like everybody else in the crowded, mostly takeout shop, no staring, no gawking, complete chill in case of eye contact.

Tbh, she hadn't previously wowed me in movies - some kind of, "Yeah, she's exotic, but not really my thing."

IRL, she was the most striking & naturally beautiful woman I'd ever been so close to: dressed down, messy-ish, minimal (if any) makeup...pure 'Saturday-morning-and-I'm-in-my-own-neighborhood' look.

For the sake of the thread, I pursued looking for a presumed Bacon connection. The Oracle got me to 3, because Brett Cullen connected Uma & Kevin.

Getting greedy, I learned that Ethan Hawke and Kevin Bacon are both in the cast of an upcoming pandemic drama called "Leave the World Behind."

I also found this while I was floundering before the Oracle...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
For those struggling, this can help
Great resource. I have a few different solid threes in addition to Henry Czerny. Madeleine Stowe and Henry Winkler both get me threes, too.

At least that's what I'm assuming if they are twos, i.e., my having met them is a three.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol - not as exciting as you'd think. Was living in NYC and saw a tall, cute girl smoking a cig outside outside my office building as I was coming in from lunch. Stopped to try and make a little small talk by bumming a cigarette, didn't realize who it was until I got her attention. Super nice and told me she was there (my office - I worked for a major cable TV network at the time) to do some promotional work.
So would it be fair to say that you propositioned Uma Thurman ( for a cigarette) and she said yes?

Reaction Score
Meet Mike O'Malley at the CBS tent at the 2004 Final four.
He was in R.I.P.D with Kevin Bacon

Reaction Score
Great resource. I have a few different solid threes in addition to Henry Czerny. Madeleine Stowe and Henry Winkler both get me threes, too.

At least that's what I'm assuming if they are twos, i.e., my having met them is a three.
I got a #2 for OJ Simpson.

Reaction Score
I talked to Janet Leigh ( Psycho)
She has a 2 Bacon Number with multiple connections.
Let me add she was extremely personable.
My favorite 6 degree I heard from Keven Bacon himself , when he was on Letterman. The chart doesn’t show it
John Wilkes Booth ( Abe Lincoln’s assassin 1865 for you millennials)
apparently acted with someone who later in life acted with someone who acted in the movie era.They in turn, either were themselves or acted with someone that was in a movie with him in his early career.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Okay, here's a mashup of inspiration, intuition, laziness, ego, and resourcefulness that got me to 2:

I started with a law school memory and a sense that I'd get a good result, and eventually benefitted from the much-appreciated Oracle tool. @Apollo's post is a happy coincidence that appeared after I'd gotten my story.

One Saturday morning, I walked to Murray's Bagels on 6th Ave in Greenwich Village. At the two-person table closest to the cash register, an absolutely beautiful woman caught my eye. When I glanced at the guy across from her, and saw it was Ethan Hawke, I realized that it was Uma Thurman. Like everybody else in the crowded, mostly takeout shop, no staring, no gawking, complete chill in case of eye contact.

Tbh, she hadn't previously wowed me in movies - some kind of, "Yeah, she's exotic, but not really my thing."

IRL, she was the most striking & naturally beautiful woman I'd ever been so close to: dressed down, messy-ish, minimal (if any) makeup...pure 'Saturday-morning-and-I'm-in-my-own-neighborhood' look.

For the sake of the thread, I pursued looking for a presumed Bacon connection. The Oracle got me to 3, because Brett Cullen connected Uma & Kevin.

Getting greedy, I learned that Ethan Hawke and Kevin Bacon are both in the cast of an upcoming pandemic drama called "Leave the World Behind."

I also found this while I was floundering before the Oracle...

Fascinating. I never thought she was all that either, except maybe in Dangerous Liasons.

You inspired me to see if I could do better than 4 with my connection to Carol Grow ( former Miss Kansas, ESPN fitness show, XFL reporter, Wild On host, Baywatch) and I still end up with 4 through her. She's the most striking and beautiful woman I've met. Can't believe she was dating my friend and law school classmate.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I went to High School with Justin Long who was in Beyond All Boundaries with Kevin Bacon.

My Bacon Number is 2.

I also went to High School with John Mayer, but my Bacon Number would only be 3 that route via Tom Hanks.

Thanks to @Rico444 for this great resource oracleofbacon.org

Reaction Score
Marc Price (Skippy from Family Ties) partied with a few of us after he made an appearance on campus. Marc was on Family Ties w Michael J Fox who was in Casualties of War with Sean Penn who was in Mystic River with Kevin Bacon.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I met Henry Czerny, who was in After Alice with Kiefer Southerland, who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon.

I keep remembering more. Christie Brinkley, Spike Lee, Tom Jones and Adam Duritz. All twos, so I have several threes.

But then I remembered Matt Dillon, who is a one, so I have a two!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom