SI's Biggest college hoops stories of '11 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SI's Biggest college hoops stories of '11

Status
Not open for further replies.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
A little anecdote from a user on a message board about one of his friends' conversations with a player.

Sorry, I don't believe everything I read on the internet.
I mean, what do I have to gain by making this up?

Reaction Score
What do you have to gain by posting it? Even if it is 100 percent true, it is just stupid a guy said in a bar. Guys say stupid in bars. Even before bars were invented, they would stand around slabs of stone and say stupid out of instinct. And the story has nothing to do with the thread - it isn't a up ego to realize the fact that he was probably a first round pick last year just based on potential, but he concluded that he wasn't ready. It was actually a mature decision.

Between this and the Ray Allen's mom's dog barked too loud thread, I'm wondering what's next. "I saw Kemba spit out his gum on the sidewalk!"

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I mean, what do I have to gain by making this up?

I don't know. Maybe you aren't making it up. Maybe your friend tried to talk to Jeremy at the bar, Jeremy didn't want to go past saying "Hi" to the guy, and told him to leave him alone, and your friend got pissy and decided to start talking **** about the guy. Maybe he embellished what he heard. Maybe Jeremy had a few too many and said something stupid; lord knows you, me, and probably everybody else in the thread has done that before in our lives. But you going on this crusade to call the guy arrogant is ridiculous. Especially when you insinuate that he is arrogant because he thought about going into the NBA Draft after his freshman year, after his value blew up and he likely would have been a first rounder. That makes zero sense, but it just goes to show that you seem to have some agenda here. If you can't get past it, then you probably aren't going to be making any friends around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA
Top Bottom