Simi Shittu Talks Recruiting | The Boneyard

Simi Shittu Talks Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is a great sign. Dain Irvin is right about 50% of the time.

Hey, at least that's better than the probable "expert's" consensus that there is a 1% chance a top 10 will ever come here again.

Is this the prototypical early on local pick until Kentucky and Duke swoop in next year? #notprovidence

He's getting cranky because he knows what is going to happen.

Could it be another 2,000 post tease before loosing to Kentucky?

At this point, I'm just happy to see a pick better than a 3 star.

Reaction Score
Hey, at least that's better than the probable "expert's" consensus that there is a 1% chance a top 10 will ever come here again.

Is this the prototypical early on local pick until Kentucky and Duke swoop in next year? #notprovidence

Could it be another 2,000 post tease before loosing to Kentucky?

At this point, I'm just happy to see a pick better than a 3 star.
This kid is a 5 * and will likely end up a top 20, possibly top 10, high school player. He doesn't have offers from Kentucky and Duke yet but if he maintains his ascension he will have offers from everyone who matters. I don't like our odds in those cases. I'm not saying don't recruit him, obviously you have to as there is a relationship so we have a shot. But, I hope they are putting some work into other PF in the 50-150 range as well. There seem to be quite a few in 2018. There aren't many centers though in 2018, which we could really use. A big one.

Reaction Score
We must be in the business of dreaming again. He mentions his top schools (UCONN is not spelled out), more interestingly he mentions "conference, good conference, good conference" repeatedly. The well has been poisoned, should be courtesy calls only at this point, Chillious is not selling P12 any longer. Should we challenge ourselves...sure, but hedge our risk and lazor focus on the 50 to 100 range.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
This is guy is #1 want. Probably wont happen...but never know.

Reactions: pj

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We must be in the business of dreaming again. He mentions his top schools (UConn is not spelled out), more interestingly he mentions "conference, good conference, good conference" repeatedly. The well has been poisoned, should be courtesy calls only at this point, Chillious is not selling P12 any longer. Should we challenge ourselves...range.

be a little more positive you can't.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This kid is a 5 * and will likely end up a top 20, possibly top 10, high school player. He doesn't have offers from Kentucky and Duke yet but if he maintains his ascension he will have offers from everyone who matters. I don't like our odds in those cases. I'm not saying don't recruit him, obviously you have to as there is a relationship so we have a shot. But, I hope they are putting some work into other PF in the 50-150 range as well. There seem to be quite a few in 2018. There aren't many centers though in 2018, which we could really use. A big one.

Come on man. What's with the rationality? Get angry. Throw a chair at someone. Or celebrate our good fortune with a wild party. There's no place here for that kind of approach. Don't you know that we are doomed for all eternity/already back to NC contender status?

Reaction Score
be a little more positive you can't.

Sure, lets go all in on Simi here. Why not, he has all the skills we need. We have a track record of closing on talented bigs.

...Alarm is ringing, time to wake up.

pj

Reaction Score
Sure, lets go all in on Simi here. Why not, he has all the skills we need. We have a track record of closing on talented bigs.

...Alarm is ringing, time to wake up.

Maybe you should turn that alarm off, it's making you irritable and unsufferable. Also, consider a zen retreat.

Reaction Score
Maybe you should turn that alarm off, it's making you irritable and unsufferable. Also, consider a zen retreat.
Resting on our laurels is the suggestion I am feeling here...trolls to keep us down?

Reaction Score
Correct me if I'm wrong as I don't know $h_t about Shittu, but isn't he the type of guy that Kentucky would not be all-in for? I feel like I read on here that he does not have a super high ceiling; i.e. he's not a one and done type, lower teens 5*. Am I completely off base here?

Reaction Score
@2011 huskies, @2014 huskies

Those teams won on heart - assuming KO's heart has been in recruiting the past couple years that character trait doesn't produce equal results when it comes to recruiting as it does championship runs

Reaction Score
New staff with a new mindset, and a different kid. No reason not to be hopeful, guys. What happened in the past is just that, the past.

Some top kids WANT to go to a smaller school to showcase their skills as a #1 option. Simi very well might be that kid. At any rate, the time we're putting in isn't wasted because there are lower rated, but still very talented kids on his team (Iggy) that we DO have a good shot at.

Reaction Score
We must be in the business of dreaming again. He mentions his top schools (UConn is not spelled out), more interestingly he mentions "conference, good conference, good conference" repeatedly. The well has been poisoned, should be courtesy calls only at this point, Chillious is not selling P12 any longer. Should we challenge ourselves...sure, but hedge our risk and lazor focus on the 50 to 100 range.
Do you seriously think we will never recruit or land a 5 star recruit again?

Reaction Score
Correct me if I'm wrong as I don't know $h_t about Shittu, but isn't he the type of guy that Kentucky would not be all-in for? I feel like I read on here that he does not have a super high ceiling; i.e. he's not a one and done type, lower teens 5*. Am I completely off base here?

I think that was before he had a big growth spurt. He's 6'10 now and now playing as a 6'7 power forward. He's actually got a nice skill set. Decent dribble and shot at the PF spot--that's big in the NBA right now, as you probably know.

Reaction Score
Highly unlikely unless winning re-enters the picture with this new staff and team. Our track record was not relying on MD All-Americans. It has been consistently landing unde rthe radar kids, high motor and ceiling and willing to defend and know their role on the team. That is the kind of pipeline, talent level we need to re-introduce.

JA, nice progress however our only piece at this point injuries aside. CV may also have it but needs refining.

Reaction Score

I believe we will, however I only see us landing top recruits with either a very strong connection to the state, school or the staff ie: relative, legacy, resident. I've lost all confidence that we can look at 5-star recruits across the country and have a go at the entire lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom