Silver Lining | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Silver Lining

Reaction Score
I agree but to play devil's advocate the young kids need as much game experience as possible. Its also one less chance at six wins. Can we make a bowl at 5-6?

That's a great point. What happens if this game is cancelled and one more win is needed to go to a bowl?

Reaction Score
What a shock, just watched the sports segment on channel 3, not a single mention of this game being canceled.

Reaction Score
Are season ticket holders going to get a refund? Or am I about to be offered a VHS copy of Juwanna Mann signed by former head coach Bob Diaco in lieu of cash

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There are a few different rescheduling scenarios being discussed. In the face of obvious logistical issues it would require strong leadership by Mike Aresco and cooperation among AAC member schools, various TV networks, stadium operators etc. Here's one of them.
The USF-UConn Game Can Be Rescheduled. Here’s How. - The Daily Stampede
That was quite a bit of work to undertake without including Memphis & UCF (who also have a game to make up).

The AAC will need to rebuild the bulk of the current season's in conference schedule to pull this off. My money says we play eleven games (pre-bowl if we qualify) this year.

Reaction Score
There are a few different rescheduling scenarios being discussed. In the face of obvious logistical issues it would require strong leadership by Mike Aresco and cooperation among AAC member schools, various TV networks, stadium operators etc. Here's one of them.
The USF-UConn Game Can Be Rescheduled. Here’s How. - The Daily Stampede

That was quite a bit of work to undertake without including Memphis & UCF (who also have a game to make up).

The AAC will need to rebuild the bulk of the current season's in conference schedule to pull this off. My money says we play eleven games (pre-bowl if we qualify) this year.

Not to turn this thread into a other dissection of a tough call, but here is what Aresco is thinking about rescheduling from another thread: Hurricane Irma: AAC commissioner says canceling UCF-Memphis game was right call

Reaction Score
Are season ticket holders going to get a refund? Or am I about to be offered a VHS copy of Juwanna Mann signed by former head coach Bob Diaco in lieu of cash

I'm betting season ticket holders will get a credit for next year's season tickets.

Reaction Score
I'm betting season ticket holders will get a credit for next year's season tickets.

I'm betting there will be a number of options to choose from including a full refund.

Reaction Score
The best silver lining we can get would be beating Virginia. A strong argument could then be made that the week off helped us get that win.

Hopefully we are also now bowl eligible with 5 wins.

I still think this was Charlie Strong's decision and his thinking was 1 win vs Illinois is a heck of a lot better than 2 losses to UCONN and Illinois. The fact that other USF sports teams traveled is the smoking gun. I guess I can't blame him for that decision. He was handed a rip chord and he pulled it. The league couldn't stop it because of the PR hit it would take. Oh well, root for the silver lining.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That's a great point. What happens if this game is cancelled and one more win is needed to go to a bowl?
What happens if UConn/USF is 7-0 and there's a 7-1 team? That 7-1 just going to concede that game? What happens if UConn/USF is 6-1 and there's a 7-1 team? Etc etc. I hope the league is figuring out a resolution for these scenarios if they are conceding the game can't be made up.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
What happens if UConn/USF is 7-0 and there's a 7-1 team? That 7-1 just going to concede that game? What happens if UConn/USF is 6-1 and there's a 7-1 team? Etc etc. I hope the league is figuring out a resolution for these scenarios if they are conceding the game can't be made up.
The worst (albeit unlikely) scenario for the conference would be UConn & USF finishing 6-1 with another school in the division finishing 6-2. There would be no real tie-breaker to determine who plays in the conference championship game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The worst (albeit unlikely) scenario for the conference would be UConn & USF finishing 6-1 with another school in the division finishing 6-2. There would be no real tie-breaker to determine who plays in the conference championship game.
Exactly. Either figure out these games are some ludicrous tiebreakers.

Reaction Score

I looked earlier - they will probably work their way down this list (assuming it's correct - Mirrors a 2015 doc I found)

>>Division standings are based on each team's overall conference record. In the event that two teams are tied, head-to head competition would break the tie. If the two teams did not play, division record will be used to determine the divisional champion.

If three or more teams are tied, the following tiebreakers are used to determine the divisional champion:[1]. The following procedures will only be used to eliminate all but two teams, at which point the two-team tie-breaking procedure (head-to-head result) will be applied.
  1. Head-to-head (best record in games among the tied teams).
  2. Record in games played within the division.
  3. Record against the next highest placed team in the division (based on record in all Conference games, both divisional and non-divisional).
  4. Record against the next highest placed team in the division (based on record in divisional games).
  5. Record against common non-divisional opponents.
  6. Best overall winning percentage in all games.
  7. Highest CFP ranking following the last weekend of regular-season games.
  8. Coin toss.
Guess they could come up with something bizzare but it looks like they have a framework.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I looked earlier - they will probably work their way down this list (assuming it's correct - Mirrors a 2015 doc I found)

>>Division standings are based on each team's overall conference record. In the event that two teams are tied, head-to head competition would break the tie. If the two teams did not play, division record will be used to determine the divisional champion.

If three or more teams are tied, the following tiebreakers are used to determine the divisional champion:[1]. The following procedures will only be used to eliminate all but two teams, at which point the two-team tie-breaking procedure (head-to-head result) will be applied.
  1. Head-to-head (best record in games among the tied teams).
  2. Record in games played within the division.
  3. Record against the next highest placed team in the division (based on record in all Conference games, both divisional and non-divisional).
  4. Record against the next highest placed team in the division (based on record in divisional games).
  5. Record against common non-divisional opponents.
  6. Best overall winning percentage in all games.
  7. Highest CFP ranking following the last weekend of regular-season games.
  8. Coin toss.
Guess they could come up with something buzzard but it looks like they have a framework.
I expected highest CFP ranking to be a bit further up the list but that could well be the first applicable in my hypothetic (and far-fetched) scenario. The possibility of a two way divisional tie that won't have a head-to-head matchup is a bit ridiculous.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I appreciate the search for silver linings. But 5 weeks between home games is a killer for a struggling program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom