Signs that it is probably time to stop hitting refresh to see if there are new CR posts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Signs that it is probably time to stop hitting refresh to see if there are new CR posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Ms Ell..... The thing is .... Ive grunted at her for 10 years. The only words spoken were on our wedding day. Im starting to fear ive been completely consumed by CR and its changing the man i once was. I think .... I think .... Ive gone crazy.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Im talking to my wife about realignment. Somebody, anybody, listen to me. Please.
I was back in CT last week on vacation and took a boat tour of the Thimble Islands with my wife and family. Two ladies sat opposite me, one of whom had a faded UConn ball cap on. I asked her if she was an alum and she confirmed, class of '72 (I'm class of '77). So I asked her what she thought our prospects were of getting an invite to the B12. I said our president, Susan Herbst, viewed sports as the front porch of the university which attracted all kinds of great people to it. She gave me "the look" and said her interests were in the performing arts; and that was the end of the conversation for the entire trip. And we had barely left the harbor. Really? Are are own alumni so out of touch? And to add insult to injury, my Texas born wife leans over and whispers in my ear that "she knew it" that the lady "looked the type". What?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I was back in CT last week on vacation and took a boat tour of the Thimble Islands with my wife and family. Two ladies sat opposite me, one of whom had a faded UConn ball cap on. I asked her if she was an alum and she confirmed, class of '72 (I'm class of '77). So I asked her what she thought our prospects were of getting an invite to the B12. I said our president, Susan Herbst, viewed sports as the front porch of the university which attracted all kinds of great people to it. She gave me "the look" and said her interests were in the performing arts; and that was the end of the conversation for the entire trip. And we had barely left the harbor. Really? Are are own alumni so out of touch? And to add insult to injury, my Texas born wife leans over and whispers in my ear that "she knew it" that the lady "looked the type". What?

Dude, it was a 65 year old lady that was taking a boat tour...what'd you expect, a break down of the offensive line?

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Hey, she had a faded ball cap on, which I took to mean she might be a long time sports fan. :confused:

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Dude, it was a 65 year old lady that was taking a boat tour...what'd you expect, a break down of the offensive line?
Hah, I went to the hardware store at my town in MA, woman behind the counter was about that age and saw my UConn gear and said she went to UConn for nursing. We got into a conversation about the logo redesign (I said I got used to it, she said she still didn't like it). Didn't steer the convo towards CR but I did mention that football was playing at BC this year and a lot of alumni would be there. She wasn't a football fan but said she might go.

Reaction Score
Heh, brought it up with my wife today too. For frame of reference, I likened the whole situation to what it would be like if TV was going back to just having 4 or 5 big channels (conferences) and all the different shows (universities) had to find a timeslot otherwise they'd end up on public access talking about what's new at the local library (playing intramural badminton).

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Nice work cl82. I just dropped it on a woodworking forum I'm part of. One of the guys there, a Missouri alum, said there are no rumblings of UConn out his way and I about ripped his head off. Had to drop some Dooley on him and topped off his information sandwich with a slideshow of our football and basketball practice facilities. Don't come at me with geography and travel issues brah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom