Signing day event attendance | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Signing day event attendance

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Never said I didn’t like your posts. I read them just like all the other ones on here- even Chief’s. I’m a big believer of respectful banter- whether you agree or disagree.
I also believe that the amount of time you follow a program bares no impact on how passionate you may be about said program. You’re no different than me because you can post how long and to what lengths you’ve followed UConn football. Truth is, if I did know someone on the team then the amount of time and how passionate I feel about that person makes the blood I bleed for UConn football just as blue as yours- because I have that personal connection with them.
I’ve never questioned your patriotism for the program and how much time you’ve invested. It was just a bit odd that you bash the optimists on here by calling them insane over their redundant posts on how they believe the program will get better- yet you live directly on the opposite side of the island of redundancy with your constant posts on how the program is a tire fire.
Was just a bit odd to me. That’s all.
I believe there is a thin line between love and hate. Crazy thing is we are all alike in our insanity over the program linked by one thing- our passion.

if you think the players families are the same types of fans as the regular fans i got a bridge to sell you. that couldnt be further from the truth.

if you think people who stumbled in two years ago are the same types of fans as people who went to newark delaware and orono maine for years... lol

i kill the program and the ad because there needs to be change across the board.

blind optimism pretending the building isnt on fire is ridiculous at this point.

when even the coaches are on the run.... it might be time to stop pretending

Reaction Score
if you think the players families are the same types of fans as the regular fans i got a bridge to sell you. that couldnt be further from the truth.

if you think people who stumbled in two years ago are the same types of fans as people who went to newark delaware and orono maine for years... lol

i kill the program and the ad because there needs to be change across the board.

blind optimism pretending the building isnt on fire is ridiculous at this point.

Say what you will about Whaler... but he's been right more than any of us. I don't like it and he probably doesn't like it, but it's the truth.

I would be curious what you think the right course of action is. I'm at a loss today. It just never ends.

Reaction Score

Truth is the players would rather have blind optimists cheering for them in the stands rather than someone yelling they suck from the same stands.
Here’s what I do know....when the players friends/families show up to the games they will be just as passionate as the players on the field. Going to those games, seeing the empty stadium, the true fans are the ones who rock with the players through thick and thin- holding signs up cheering on their loved one.

Here Is where your theory is a bit flawed. Pick any stadium in the country that has a rabid fan base- let’s say Alabama. Do you think everyone in that stadium is a Whaler type fossil? Probably not. I’m an educated man and I know that people in the stadium cheering for their home team consists of yes, long time season ticket holders- Whaler Types, but many new faces including students and family members- people that have moved into the community etc.
To somehow diminish the importance of a new fan is- not sure of the word but....
After those games, win or lose, do you know who’s out there waiting for the players in the concourse to hug them and pat them on the back? You guessed it...Family and friends. I would reckon to think the players go out there and play hard for them more so for the Whaler type fossils. Not saying they don’t appreciate and go hard for all the people in the seats. But you get my point.
So which fans do you think are more valuable to the players? You guessed it. The ones that are in the concourse waiting for them after a brutal 57-7 loss to Temple.

Reaction Score
Say what you will about Whaler... but he's been right more than any of us. I don't like it and he probably doesn't like it, but it's the truth.

I would be curious what you think the right course of action is. I'm at a loss today. It just never ends.
No one said his assessment of the program was wrong. It doesn’t take a genius to see that. Most of what he posts is spot on. I was just wondering why he bashes the eternal optimists for their redundant posts of blind optimism yet he does the same thing on the opposite side. None of his posts add anything new to what he’s already noted: UConn football sucks and it’s a tire fire and the coaches can’t recruit.

I was only asking him a question.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Truth is the players would rather have blind optimists cheering for them in the stands rather than someone yelling they suck from the same stands.
Here’s what I do know....when the players friends/families show up to the games they will be just as passionate as the players on the field. Going to those games, seeing the empty stadium, the true fans are the ones who rock with the players through thick and thin- holding signs up cheering on their loved one.

Here Is where your theory is a bit flawed. Pick any stadium in the country that has a rabid fan base- let’s say Alabama. Do you think everyone in that stadium is a Whaler type fossil? Probably not. I’m an educated man and I know that people in the stadium cheering for their home team consists of yes, long time season ticket holders- Whaler Types, but many new faces including students and family members- people that have moved into the community etc.
To somehow diminish the importance of a new fan is- not sure of the word but....
After those games, win or lose, do you know who’s out there waiting for the players in the concourse to hug them and pat them on the back? You guessed it...Family and friends. I would reckon to think the players go out there and play hard for them more so for the Whaler type fossils. Not saying they don’t appreciate and go hard for all the people in the seats. But you get my point.
So which fans do you think are more valuable to the players? You guessed it. The ones that are in the concourse waiting for them after a brutal 57-7 loss to Temple.

im not diminishing new fans - trust me we need them but getting lectures from them is pretty stale. its like a vegas golden knights fan trying to pretend they are as diehard as some leafs fan who hasnt seem them win in many decades. its like the people not in connecticut who lecture people about not attending or leaving early.

the players families are there for their kids - the second their kid leaves they are gone. which is how it should be - but they arent like regular fans.

i should hope the players family and friends are more valuable to them than randos like me. but this isnt pop warner - expecting the fans to clap quietly while the team goes 0-11 against fbs teams aint gonna happen

Reaction Score
im not diminishing new fans - trust me we need them but getting lectures from them is pretty stale. its like a vegas golden knights fan trying to pretend they are as diehard as some leafs fan who hasnt seem them win in many decades. its like the people not in connecticut who lecture people about not attending or leaving early.

the players families are there for their kids - the second their kid leaves they are gone. which is how it should be - but they arent like regular fans.

i should hope the players family and friends are more valuable to them than randos like me. but this isnt pop warner - expecting the fans to clap quietly while the team goes 0-11 against fbs teams aint gonna happen
We’ll agree to disagree there. I don’t believe the players families abandon the program after their kid leaves (perhaps a few) I’d like to think that relationships were forged throughout the recruiting process and the time spent there that binds the family member to the program for a lifetime. I think you’re making that point out of convenience to support your argument. A fan base is made up of many people including alumni, town residents, player’s (current and former) family members, friends, etc. They all matter.

And I wasn’t lecturing you at all. Just pointing out what I saw.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We’ll agree to disagree there. I don’t believe the players families abandon the program after their kid leaves (perhaps a few) I’d like to think that relationships were forged throughout the recruiting process and the time spent there that binds the family member to the program for a lifetime. I think you’re making that point out of convenience to support your argument. A fan base is made up of many people including alumni, town residents, player’s (current and former) family members, friends, etc. They all matter.

And I wasn’t lecturing you at all. Just pointing out what I saw.

well weve had plenty of parents come and every last one except orlovsky’s dad is gone. and hes just sticks around because he hates edsall

these are... actual facts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom