Sierra Moore(G) to Transfer from Duke | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sierra Moore(G) to Transfer from Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
MSF22b - also ...
This was very similar to the work he did with Maya throughout her 4 years - again a great outside shooter who enjoyed that aspect too much to the detriment of her total game. For such a prolific scorer, he never felt she got to the free throw line enough.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Samantha Williams never had any improper contact with Sierra Moore. Moore wanted a release and wanted to visit Louisville. McCallie would not let her do that. McCallie made it a personal issue with Samantha Williams.

Williams was a great recruiter at Duke, and she will be at Louisville.

McCallie has had three assistants leave, all for other assistant gigs, not for head coaching ones. That is telling.

Reaction Score
MSF22b - also ...
This was very similar to the work he did with Maya throughout her 4 years - again a great outside shooter who enjoyed that aspect too much to the detriment of her total game. For such a prolific scorer, he never felt she got to the free throw line enough.

If it is similar to Maya it is only the faintest of similarities. That was Geno pointing out a few scratches on the car when it came to Maya. There are actual mechanical issues that Geno and the staff were working on with Breanna, and for the most part those issues have yet to be fixed.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If it is similar to Maya it is only the faintest of similarities. That was Geno pointing out a few scratches on the car when it came to Maya. There are actual mechanical issues that Geno and the staff were working on with Breanna, and for the most part those issues have yet to be fixed.
Not sure about the mechanical issues with Stewart, and agree that they are very different players and came in with different strengths, but GA I believe complained all 4 year about Maya shying away from contact and falling in love with her jump shot.

Reaction Score
Couple of things -

2. I seem to remember that MD and Frese are not exactly lily-white in recruiting rumors - not sure if I have that right. But this seems like a fairly serious allegation and if she has any reason to believe improper contact (and I certainly hope so since she has brought it up) then contacting the NCAA and refusing the player release to the school in question is the proper response. A public outing of the situation does not seem appropriate. By the way has Jeff hired an assistant from MD in the recent past?

There is nothing lily white about Frese. She has taken control of the Maryland scout board. All criticism of Frese has been banned, or deleted, even though they allow criticism of every other MD coach . The truth about MD players transfering has been posted, and deleted. See page 2.... WOW

It is well know Walz did most of the coaching in 2006, the year of the NC. Jeff is the only MD coach to move up the coaching ladder..... no one has gone to Louisville .

Reaction Score
Not sure about the mechanical issues with Stewart, and agree that they are very different players and came in with different strengths, but GA I believe complained all 4 year about Maya shying away from contact and falling in love with her jump shot.

He had to complain about something with Maya, and that was one of things that could be picked on but it wasn't a fundamental issue that needed to be corrected. The progression of Maya's FT rate over four years pretty much mirrored Taurasi's. On the other hand Breanna still doesn't really understand the offense, which is most evidenced statistically by her lack of assists. Defensively she got better at the end of the year by playing more aggressively, but she still hadn't really mastered the rotations. She still needs to increase the pace at which she plays. She still needs significant improvement and corrections to her footwork and other fundamentals. Maya wasn't remotely in the same place even as a freshman. Tina Charles was the comparison I made to Breanna in this thread, and that is a closer similarity in terms of the scope of the development needed and what Geno is trying to accomplish.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Flynn v McCallie picked up a bit at the Boo Williams event and not over yet.

Coach P on twitter:

Joanne P. McCallie@CoachPDuke 19 Apr
Great to be @Boo. So many tough, young players. So many great folks in WBB. Appreciate good people who get it. Really for kids. Not egos.

Joanne P. McCallie@CoachPDuke
Sunday message great this am. When people show their ugliness from inside & try to manipulate just smile in the face of their damaged soul.

From Mike Flynn:

Mike Flynn@MikeFlynn826 5h
Not done with our @PhilaBelles player issue. Spoke to issue maker and two recruits at #Boo13 as promised. More to come next week. @Duke_WBB

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
(random side-note)... thought Mike Flynn was a black guy

JS

Reaction Score
(random side-note)... thought Mike Flynn was a black guy
He's one of these two guys.

Which makes him either white or
greenish tan.

jabba-the-hutt-film-characters-photo-u1.jpg
. . .
recruit_e_flynn_200.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
On the other hand Breanna still doesn't really understand the offense,
Geno didn't think Moore did either or rather how to read the defense. Even after 4 years. Or a least as well as she should have.

Funny bit, but I think a bit of truth behind it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
He's one of these two guys.

Which makes him either white or
greenish tan.

jabba-the-hutt-film-characters-photo-u1.jpg
. . .
recruit_e_flynn_200.jpg
I'm sorry, I'm not seeing the difference. :confused:

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Samantha Williams never had any improper contact with Sierra Moore. Moore wanted a release and wanted to visit Louisville. McCallie would not let her do that. McCallie made it a personal issue with Samantha Williams.

Williams was a great recruiter at Duke, and she will be at Louisville.

McCallie has had three assistants leave, all for other assistant gigs, not for head coaching ones. That is telling.

Hmm. I did not know about this pattern with assistants. Also, while I don't think it's a big deal preventing a recruit from going to a conference rival .... though Auriemma once allowed it .... the tenor of JPM's tweets give me pause. She may indeed be a little short on people skills. Well, I'll stick to my response I gave you in another thread. I do expect Duke to go to the Final Four next year and I will not blame JPM for past failures unless they fail next year. However, after this bit of news I am a little more primed for coming around to your point of view.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Louisville will have 16 players on their roster next year, one is a non scholarship player. This according to a Radio interview with Jeff Walz Colunm on Interview - Link I did listen to the interview and Jeff did say the roster will be 16 players. Show was on 790 WKRD and I haven't found the interview archived anywhere.Louisville may not have been a good choice for her.

I'm not sure PSU was a good choice for playing time. They signed a Recruiting Class of 7 players for 2013 and they'll have a roster of 15 players in 13/14. They do graduate 4 players next year so there's room, but who knows how many players they'll sign in the 2014 recruiting class. Recruiting Class - Link It is close to home so I'm sure she'll be happy.

While I think UConn won't have enough players next year, I don't see the necessity of having a roster of 15 players. Hard to keep so many players happy. NCAA should reduce scholarhip limits in Women's BB and if necessary from a title ix perspective give them to another sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom