Sierra Calhoun 2014 | The Boneyard

Sierra Calhoun 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Since her name was mentioned in another thread - she has some strong UCONN connections in that her brother has committed to UCONN for the 2012 class - I thought I'd put some info here about her...

From the Dec 2011 Nike TOC per HG: A tremendous athlete at either forward position. Her ability to score in transition is among the best in the class and her half-court offense, especially facing up, is really starting to come together. She can play anywhere in the press and use her length and agility to create havoc. She elevates for scores in the paint or rebounds on either end with ease and has balance even at speed. Athletically she is one of the premier players in the class.

From PBR: Nice size and built. Very athletic who has a long range to her shot. Good handles with a quick 1st step to the bucket.

Made All NYC girls hoops team: Sierra Calhoun can do it all on the court for the Royals. The sophomore had to step into a leadership role after the departure of two key players from last year and she shined in her new role, averaging 22.1 points, 6.7 rebounds and 3.5 steals for the powerhouse. She had a great game in the Brooklyn/Queens Division I tournament final as she led Christ the King to a win over Bishop Ford, and she will only get better over the next two years.

I couldn't really find any videos on her - there are some not so great quality ones on youtube that are 10-15 minute snippets of games, but nothing on highlights. Bottom line, she's going to be a junior this September, and she seems to be one of the best athletes in the class whose basketball skills are getting better and better. You can't teach athleticism, but you can improve on shooting, ball handling, etc, and at 6' or 6'1", she's got a lot of upside...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think she is both a slasher and a shooter. She was moved up to the CTK varsity as a frosh, which is very rare for their elite program. She's ranked about #10 in her class, with some variation across the various sources, so roughly #8-15. She likes UConn, her brother is a commit, and her father wants both to play at UConn. It all sounds good.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting - we hear her name a lot, but I hadn't looked closely at the info available. Nice to have it in one place.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Stop being so positive about her coming to UConn!!!! Don't you remember Diamond DeShields???

Snark Snark

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Stop being so positive about her coming to UConn!!!! Don't you remember Diamond DeShields???

Snark Snark
You know me - ever the optimist and i never worry. in fact, i'm going to go out on a limb and predict 153-3 over the next 4 years with 3 NC's to boot. :)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
You know me - ever the optimist and i never worry. in fact, i'm going to go out on a limb and predict 153-3 over the next 4 years with 3 NC's to boot. :)

Welcome to Bizarro world! Next you will be telling me that Tony thinks UConn will lose double digit games each year.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Do we know if Sierra has a scholarship offer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom