Sidney Wilson, Sr.: St. John’s wasn’t helpful in son’s waiver request | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson, Sr.: St. John’s wasn’t helpful in son’s waiver request

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No, at first I believe they were hoping he would be able to play. But at this point, it’s so that he can travel with the team. That’s what I have gathered from what the beat writers are saying. Relax.

In an avalanche of stupid things this athletic department does that would still be remarkable.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
It’s just so dumb I wouldn’t put it past UConn.

Traveling with the team just means more practice time with the team. It isn’t that insane

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Traveling with the team just means more practice time with the team. It isn’t that insane

He wants to play.

They are 10-9.

The best thing for everyone would be a run that saves Ollie’s job.

They spent time, money and energy appealing.

If he gets a waiver and he doesn’t play that is so insane that it should compel a priest to come read the last rites to the athletic department because everyone involved outside of Geno is so lost they should just quit.

Reaction Score
Is it standard procedure to write a letter of recommendation for a kid who recently transferred? Something tells me that if the roles were reversed some people here would react differently. I mean, think of all the resources St. Johns poured into that recruitment only for him to get there and say nah, I don't want to play for my hometown team and re-vitalize the program, I think I'll go to UConn even though I had a billion chances to say that when I was just visiting the campus.

Reaction Score
Is it standard procedure to write a letter of recommendation for a kid who recently transferred? Something tells me that if the roles were reversed some people here would react differently. I mean, think of all the resources St. Johns poured into that recruitment only for him to get there and say nah, I don't want to play for my hometown team and re-vitalize the program, I think I'll go to UConn even though I had a billion chances to say that when I was just visiting the campus.

Objectivity at its finest. So refreshing...:)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
According to St. John’s athletic director Anton Goff, the NCAA asked St. John’s if it wanted to provide a letter either supporting or opposing Wilson’s waiver.

We decided to do neither,” said Goff, “and let UConn apply for the waiver on their own merits. If the young man gets in, fine. But we didn’t support it, and we didn’t not support it.”

Uh, isn't that the pretty much the definition of 'not supporting it?'

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
According to St. John’s athletic director Anton Goff, the NCAA asked St. John’s if it wanted to provide a letter either supporting or opposing Wilson’s waiver.

We decided to do neither,” said Goff, “and let UConn apply for the waiver on their own merits. If the young man gets in, fine. But we didn’t support it, and we didn’t not support it.”

Yes. "Didn't" is a contraction that means "did not."
Couldn't work simple English well enough to say, "We didn't oppose it," when that would have actually looked better. Pretty much says it all.

I just hope Sid's taking lots of shots in the gym every day.

Reaction Score
Are we expecting good news today regarding Sid? Would love for him to play. Team can use a nice infusion of talent in the game. However, we haven't gotten a practice update all year (unless I missed one) so who knows what we would be getting.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
IMO if he is deemed eligible, he should play. They're are still 12 games left in conference so postseason play isn't completely out of the question yet (not saying were gonna make the ncaa, but with a winning record we should at least make NIT). Wilson would definitely help us win more games than not. To those saying, this would be a waste of a year of eligibility, does anybody honestly think Wilson plans on staying here for 5 years? And he would still have 3 years left after this one anyways...

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score

I think if they wanted to write a letter saying they were against it they very well could have. They don't have to write a letter supporting it either. The way I see it they were just staying out of it, which is fine by me.

Reaction Score
Kind of interesting coming from the Wilson family.....wasn't the "family" the influence to have him select StJ in the 1st place....could be in congress, flip side to side as it most benefits him....

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
St. John's is as low-rent as they come.

Reaction Score

The fact is, there's no reason we should have lost this kid to St. Johns in the first place.

This now makes 3 guys KO couldn't close the deal on, who eventually limped back to us after sitting out as a transfer.

Reaction Score
The fact is, there's no reason we should have lost this kid to St. Johns in the first place.

This now makes 3 guys KO couldn't close the deal on, who eventually limped back to us after sitting out as a transfer.
The kid chose St Johns because he was still mourning the loss of his mother. Not much KO could have done there

Reaction Score
Does Dad really want Mullin writing a letter? What if he writes all the things he could have and should have said when he initially took the high road? It is really in Sid's best interests if dear old Dad shut his mouth right now.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
This isn't the end of the world. He was planning on being in the class of 2018 for awhile anyway. Would he have helped this year? Absolutely. Did the NCAA screw us over again? Sort of. I mean it's a rule. They're just being unnecessarily harsh about it, especially with all the talk of eliminating the rule next yr. I don't know why the NCAA is always ridiculously harsh on UConn. It really boggles my mind.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This isn't the end of the world. He was planning on being in the class of 2018 for awhile anyway. Would he have helped this year? Absolutely. Did the NCAA screw us over again? Sort of. I mean it's a rule. They're just being unnecessarily harsh about it, especially with all the talk of eliminating the rule next yr. I don't know why the NCAA is always ridiculously harsh on UConn. It really boggles my mind.
nigel-hayes-tk-body-image-1489681576.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom