Sidney Wilson highlights | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson highlights

Reaction Score
I still think that even though he hasn't been hyped up this offseason, Wilson can be a huge weapon at the 4 against small opponent lineups. He'll go right over the top of an undersized 4 man, and can still help protect the rim on the weak side defensively. Hopefully he's close to Hamilton as a rebounder.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I still think that even though he hasn't been hyped up this offseason, Wilson can be a huge weapon at the 4 against small opponent lineups. He'll go right over the top of an undersized 4 man, and can still help protect the rim on the weak side defensively. Hopefully he's close to Hamilton as a rebounder.
Quite frankly people are sleeping on this kid. Fleudslipcon confirmed.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
To me, he looks much less one dimensional in the most recent mixtape, but that could just be the different different source, I guess. The first mixtape shows nothing but going to the hole. More recent ones show jumpers, too.
When we got to see outside shots, most of them had good form.
Didn't see any defense other than blocks under the hoop. While I'll take them, I'd really like to see him guard a perimeter oriented 3 and see him in a trapping full court situation.
For a guy who is slight of build, he seems to take contact very well and still score.
The kid appears to be a finisher.
This 2018-10-10.png may be the ugliest uniform that basketball has ever been played in.
he's not going to remind me of Stanley unless he starts screaming on every dunk.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kid is really, really bouncy. I think he could be a good 3, or 4 in a small/fast lineup. Tons of potential. Hopefully the lack of news is just because he's been forgotten a little bit by fans/reporters

One of my favorites of him. 1 game after his senior year he played with New Hieghts again. Must have a late bday.

He's not playing scrubs for competition there, and shows some pretty good footwork, and an improved shot. No complaints.

If he is able to use that up and under from 3-15 ft effectively, his options at the 4 spot in small lineups will be much bigger. Size will always make it tough to finish, but that's a really great way to draw fouls against any level of competition

I counted 25 points 4 assists and a couple blocks in the video FWIW.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I saw a reasonable handle, tremendous hops, length for blocking, a lot to be excited over. The question will be can he defend and then what is his offensive move when he gets the ball at the 3 point line? He will not get all the way to the rim as in HS, so a few dribbles and a pull up jumper or pass. He has the length to clean up shots at the rim. Some of his opposing players in his spot have 20 or more pounds on him. Who do we have for his position that’s better than him?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Kid is really, really bouncy. I think he could be a good 3, or 4 in a small/fast lineup. Tons of potential. Hopefully the lack of news is just because he's been forgotten a little bit by fans/reporters

One of my favorites of him. 1 game after his senior year he played with New Hieghts again. Must have a late bday.

He's not playing scrubs for competition there, and shows some pretty good footwork, and an improved shot. No complaints.

If he is able to use that up and under from 3-15 ft effectively, his options at the 4 spot in small lineups will be much bigger. Size will always make it tough to finish, but that's a really great way to draw fouls against any level of competition

My guess is Hurley prefers not putting the spotlight on his younger players. Even AG (in spite of his age but because of his injuries) is getting the "work him in slowly" treatment.

Reaction Score
I've thought about this and two ideas came to mind:

1) It's possible that Hurley has avoided hyping Wilson or Adams simply because they're freshman and he doesn't want pressure on them

2) None of the skinny guys have gotten hyped (Wilson, Polley, Whaley). Maybe it's Hurley's way of telling/motivating them to get stronger before making the impact that they want to make. I wouldn't expect Whaley to either way, but it's been radio silence with both SFs.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Stanley looked like a 45 year old freshman. I’d like to see bulk up before we compare the two

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He was my second most wanted in that class, after Reddish. As the 3rd or 4th option, he should be able to shine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom