Sidney Wilson highlights | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson highlights

C

Chief00

Both are quick jumpers, but I think Stanley had 2-3 inches on Sid. Sid in person is thinner than Stanley was. Sid has a better handle. Will have to see if Sid’s outside shot keeps improving.

Reaction Score
Last year we had no length and athleticism on the wing (Polley is long but played too timid to show if he is an athlete or not). Sidney changes that.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I saw a reasonable handle, tremendous hops, length for blocking, a lot to be excited over. The question will be can he defend and then what is his offensive move when he gets the ball at the 3 point line? He will not get all the way to the rim as in HS, so a few dribbles and a pull up jumper or pass. He has the length to clean up shots at the rim. Some of his opposing players in his spot have 20 or more pounds on him. Who do we have for his position that’s better than him?

I've no inside info, but from what I recall on here, he has a more tenacious style on D. Whether he can actually play that side of the floor remains to be seen.

Reaction Score
1539206288602.jpeg
1539206288602.jpeg
“Can’t Wait.”

-Bart Scott

Yes, Strawberry > Grape. Don’t @ me.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that other thread, who are we sleeping on, who is going to surprise the most people this year?

Sidney Wilson. Looking for him to make the AAC all rookie team.

Reaction Score
From an offensive perspective I didn’t see much.
What did pop out at me is the potential for wing who could pressure and run the floor on a break.
Playing a Big rather than a smaller guard is intriguing in our pressure.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
Getting to and over the rim, his mid range jumper, ball handling, and athleticism make him appear to be one of the best offensive recruits we've seen in a while. Upside over several years looks really good. Can he play D, his heart, and his b-ball IQ can not be evaluated from the videos. I have high hopes for him. Would love to see him start or be one of our key guys this year. You've got to have scoring options and he looks like he could be one.

Reaction Score
His jump shot form isn't pretty but he needs to be a weapon from outside this year for us

Reaction Score
His jump shot form isn't pretty but he needs to be a weapon from outside this year for us

I wouldn't say it's bad at all. I think he has very different shots off the dribble vs catch, which could be a problem--we need him to be a catch shooter. He shoots a little bit late, and tends to fade a bit, but it's not broken at all.

Reaction Score
I see Sid being our starting SF. Great bounce and goes to the hole strong. A little added strength and work on his shot and he could be an excellent player.

The 4 is the only position that I am really concerned with for this season.

Reaction Score
I see Sid being our starting SF. Great bounce and goes to the hole strong. A little added strength and work on his shot and he could be an excellent player.

The 4 is the only position that I am really concerned with for this season.
Unless Diarra comes back in January and looks great, we will probably see a ton of Wilson/Polley at the 4, even at the expense of rebounding and post defense.

pj

Reaction Score
Unless Diarra comes back in January and looks great, we will probably see a ton of Wilson/Polley at the 4, even at the expense of rebounding and post defense.

Gets our best players on the floor. I don't see much alternative unless Whaley adds a lot of strength and Diarra comes back strong from his injury. Yakwe can be a good four but he's been injury prone and we might need three centers if Carlton and Cobb are still foul prone.

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
You just need he would be the third best player on the team after Jalen and Alterique and would find the court; and that Hurley would start praising him once the summer weightlifting motivational season was over and thoughts turn to basketball.

Reaction Score
This is where i channel my inner chef and say this thread was started as a vague way to indicate how good he has been in practice

Guys who are tremendous in practice,start. Sid could be a real X factor. Great stuff.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is where i channel my inner chef and say this thread was started as a vague way to indicate how good he has been in practice
Channeling your inner chef? Inner chef... Hmm a chef is a cook... ah I see where you are going with this!

Reaction Score
Finklestein's scouting report, if true, means Sid is going to be limited offensively. Sticks didn't have a good first step. He had his moments attacking closeouts but he wasn't good at taking a defender in sound position off the dribble. He was okay laterally, he had more PF lateral quickness than SF. No one cares about that when you're 6'9 and a world-class leaper.

All this is fine though. We need length, athleticism, and toughness and Sid will bring all that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom