Sidney Wilson helping Hurley recruit | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson helping Hurley recruit

Reaction Score
From his Instagram questions. Thought we were out on Jalen Lecque?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180716-212140_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20180716-212140_Instagram.jpg
    836 KB · Views: 1,533
Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Shiz about to get real. If we can land Pre5ious, he would be a huge piece of our return back to elite status. Stoked.
We need that first piece to the 2019 class, that will give Hurley some credibility when he talks to kids about Uconn being back putting together this huge 2019 class.

Reaction Score
So many missed layups.... biggest problem with Aau is jelly. Every single kid. We shoot 50 percent in our layup line.... doing layups.

Same here with my aau and hs team. Might be 40% though, haha.

Kids fall in love with the flashy stuff. I did too at that age. But theyre developing some god awful habits.

I shouldnt have to explain to 16 year old players what the point of "high off the glass" layups are. Reminder, sure. But kids genuinely dont even know sometimes.

Bad youth coaches. Sensationalized social media. Etc. Etc. It all sucks

Reaction Score
my favorite thing from the Instagram story is that multiple people asked Sid what his goal/goals were for the upcoming season and he just said “win games”

It is indeed that simple.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
my favorite thing from the Instagram story is that multiple people asked Sid what his goal/goals were for the upcoming season and he just said “win games”
I guess I'm old school and believe wanting to win games should be a given and not a goal.
No sports player sets out to lose games unless he or she has made a bet against themselves.

The goal should be what a player does to prepare him or herself to accomplish this.

But at least the cliche sounds good.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I guess I'm old school and believe wanting to win games should be a given and not a goal.
No sports player sets out to lose games unless he or she has made a bet against themselves.

The goal should be what a player does to prepare him or herself to accomplish this.

But at least the cliche sounds good.

Given last season, I want 'win games' to be the first thing on everybody's mind. As long as they follow Hurley's script to do that.

Reaction Score
and Lester Quinones.
I don’t think Quinones actually has an offer or is being recruited by this staff. A pic was posted with his offers today which went as far as to include Tulane, and UConn wasn’t on it. He also deleted his tweet about being offered by UConn.

Edit: this mornings tweet

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t think Quinones actually has an offer or is being recruited by this staff. He posted a pic with his offers today which went as far as to include Tulane, and UConn wasn’t on it. He also deleted his tweet about being offered by UConn.

Odd. Were not really on any SGs then, right?

Bouknight is the only one, and he doesnt have an offer.

I like Quinones quite a bit. Too bad. I trust the staff though--might br his athleticism questions?

Reaction Score
Odd. Were not really on any SGs then, right?

Bouknight is the only one, and he doesnt have an offer.

I like Quinones quite a bit. Too bad. I trust the staff though--might br his athleticism questions?
Not sure why and I like him too. But I agree that our lack of SG offers is a bit odd.

Bouknight was offered by Ollie in December. The offer could still be standing, but we haven’t seen that in writing.

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
I like the philosophy that a guard should be either big and athletic enough to be defensively disruptive (e.g. Sid) or able to distribute and create (Alterique, Jalen, Rocket Watts, Gaffney). At the end of the day, you need a team that is defensively disruptive, offensively creative, and able to shoot. But it's reasonable to make shooting the third priority. Every player needs to be able to defend, and every player needs to have a repertoire of shots they can make. If you have that, and offensively creative players, then you can arrange an offense that gets makeable shots every possession. It's nice to have a Kemba, Shabazz, or Rocket Watts who can create and make shots by themselves even when closely guarded, but that's a luxury you don't need to rely on when creating a team.

That said, I don't know why you wouldn't recruit a Quinones if he has interest, at least as a backup plan. Maybe they feel really good about Sid and Tyler?

Reaction Score
I don't think it would be the end of the world if we don't bring in a PG from the 2019 class. If we land Bouknight or some CG/SG we can bring in a grad transfer PG for some senior leadership and attack the 2020 PG class which seems to be a lot more rich in PGs, especially from the east coast

Reaction Score
I don’t think Quinones actually has an offer or is being recruited by this staff. A pic was posted with his offers today which went as far as to include Tulane, and UConn wasn’t on it. He also deleted his tweet about being offered by UConn.

Well then....

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't think it would be the end of the world if we don't bring in a PG from the 2019 class. If we land Bouknight or some CG/SG we can bring in a grad transfer PG for some senior leadership and attack the 2020 PG class which seems to be a lot more rich in PGs, especially from the east coast

We just need a guard. Bad. Losing Jalen and Tarin. I'd like a combo if we can get it.

Reaction Score
If Hurley pulls in a big time class (top 3 or top 5) we`ll be on our way back to being a power house program again. No doubt about it. That would be absolutely awesome!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

That's interesting. You would think he would hold an offer from us playing with Precious at St. Benedicts and New Heights. He would also fill a number of needs namely shooting and size at the guard position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom