Sid Wilson | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson

Reaction Score
Any updates on Sid Wilson? I assume he will be are starting wing but haven't heard about his weight training or his progression. I hoping he has gained a least 10 lbs.

Reaction Score
Any updates on Sid Wilson? I assume he will be are starting wing but haven't heard about his weight training or his progression. I hoping he has gained a least 10 lbs.

Sid was a highly ranked high school recruit, many experts had him pegged as someone who would be a top-50 ranked recruit and on the rise. Of course he reclassified and ended up being a top-75 2017 recruit. So essentially we are getting a top-25 to top-50 2018 recruit to join our team this year.

He has good height and length, good handle, and athleticism for 2/3. Handle is something we were missing last year when Alterique was lost to injuries. With the addition of a healthy Al, and potentially Sid in the line-up that should greatly help in that category.

The biggest knack is his thin frame. Hurley has mentioned that a couple of times, and has specifically said a guy like Sid could benefit the most from a summer with Sal.

I am pretty bullish on Sid. He seems to be an athletic forward who can help push the ball up and attack the rim. If he can put some more muscle on his frame and develop a consistent outside shot I think he will eventually make the starting line-up and will be a huge benefit to the team.

Reaction Score
Heard Sid is putting in the grind. He will make an announcement on his weight in 20 minutes live on Husky TV. Take it with a grain of salt but I heard he is Doomed!

Next!

pj

Reaction Score
Heard Sid is putting in the grind. He will make an announcement on his weight in 20 minutes live on Husky TV. Take it with a grain of salt but I heard he is Doomed!

Next!

Grind strategy.

Reaction Score
Here's an article from about a month ago that tells you everything you want to know.

Another of Hurley’s hires, Sal Alosi, has worked closely with Wilson to add some muscle to his very lanky frame. The results are noticeable; Wilson said he weighed in recently at 180 pounds, eight more than where he was at the end of last season.

“I’ve put in a lot of work with Coach Sal,” Wilson said. “He’s done a great job with me, did a good job putting together a personal program for everybody.”

Sidney Wilson, His Wait Nearly Over, Ready To 'Pour It All On The Court' For UConn Men

Reaction Score
Sid has a new attitude it appears.....

sw1.jpg

C

Chief00

From what I’ve heard the staff is really pushing the fact that he needs to ass strength. Top 3 talent on the team.
I agree he is a top 3 talent on the team. Just needs some strength because opponents will try to beat him up and you need a certain baseline of strength. But, Sal is definitely the guy to do it.
#ChiefCertified

Last edited by a moderator:

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I agree he is a top 3 talent on the team. Just needs some strength because opponents will try to beat him up and you need a certain baseline of strength. But, Sal us definitely the guy to do it.,
Chief, does Sid need a baseline of strength or strength on the baseline? Or both? I'm just casually asking questions.

C

Chief00

Chief, does Sid need a baseline of strength or strength on the baseline? Or both? I'm just casually asking questions.
He needs to work on strength in all categories. He is though an explosive type guy - so the underlying structure may be there but in a thin frame.

Reaction Score
This certainly ranks in the Top 10 most useless threads of the summer, not solely the OP's fault (although I wish we could make it a rule that you don't title a thread with a player's name unless you are supplying new info about that player.)

As for the various comments, the OP seems to have struck a vein of random palaver itching to be posted regardless of topic.

Reaction Score
His biggest knock is his outside shot. Needs to work on that more than strength. Ugly form, but if he can be a solid perimeter shooter for us he can get away with being slightly under weight

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom