Sid Wilson Withdraws from NBA Draft | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson Withdraws from NBA Draft

Reaction Score

Good news for Sid!

Sid was SIU-E's leading scorer w/ 13.1p, 3.9r, 0.9b, 44.2 fg%, 32.3 3p% at 27.1 mpg.

Unclear via this tweet whether or not Sid will return to SIU-E or to college, in general. According to Verbal Commits he's still in the portal, but will check later today if there's an update.

No matter where he's at, it's good to see him playing again next season!

He was testing the NBA Draft waters? Like the same one Bouk in or something different?…..

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Nothing but bad news in this old thread. I thought Sid quit his last team, so good luck at this point. Bryant still probably would take him on.

Reaction Score
Here’s the answer I was looking for. Moving on from SIU-E.

He’s earned a challenge after scoring 13.2 ppg at SIU-E.

Probably best for him to land a spot at a stronger mid-major conference to show he can sustain his success vs stronger competition.

Maybe an MVC school? A team like Bradley is itching for talent after a lot of departures.

Last edited:

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Life will forever be difficult for SW if he believes the schools at which he matriculated are the problem with his career thus far.
Don't think he's said that. He was in a tough spot at UConn, transferred somewhere he could get a lot of playing time and raise his stock, and now he's trying to parlay that to a better school to finish his career.

Reaction Score
Don't think he's said that. He was in a tough spot at UConn, transferred somewhere he could get a lot of playing time and raise his stock, and now he's trying to parlay that to a better school to finish his career.
He seems to me like Vance Jackson without the Dad. 4 schools in 3 years is not a good look, no matter what the circumstances.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Life will forever be difficult for SW if he believes the schools at which he matriculated are the problem with his career thus far.
how do you know that his life is difficult? mebbe he's just doing what many, many others are now doing. chasing the game can be a super fun time in a baller's life, and he could just be doing exactly that. he's only played 67 games, and since freshman year, he's moved his 2%, 40 to 50%, his 3%, 23 to 33%, and his ft%, 56 to 73%, up a pantload.
mebbe it's just fun.
plenty of time to worry aboot appliance insurance and whether or not he has the latest grill.
rock on, mr wilson, rock on.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Has this been quoted or otherwise reported?

Or is this what some here have surmised by viewing his path from St.John's to UConn to SIU-Evansville, and now intrending to play at another school this year after testing NBA waters?

I suppose it's a plausible inference, but I haven't known this.

Did I miss a posted link to a fuller Rothstein article, or does someone have a helpful link to offer?

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Where did you hear this? Please tell
If this is an assumption based on zero or little facts its best to say nothing
Sid is a good kid and is still a Husky Blue bleeder

Reaction Score
how do you know that his life is difficult? mebbe he's just doing what many, many others are now doing. chasing the game can be a super fun time in a baller's life, and he could just be doing exactly that. he's only played 67 games, and since freshman year, he's moved his 2%, 40 to 50%, his 3%, 23 to 33%, and his ft%, 56 to 73%, up a pantload.
mebbe it's just fun.
plenty of time to worry aboot appliance insurance and whether or not he has the latest grill.
rock on, mr wilson, rock on.
If there is anything I wish I had done in life, it’s delay being an adult just a little longer. Plenty of time to be concerned with that stuff.

Reaction Score
pot calling the kettle
Yea I don’t understand what is so childish that Sid is doing, he is a good dude, losing his mom really affected him and I see that he is in a much better space, so I see no problem with what he is doing, boy still has the athletic ability and talent to play D1 ball

Reaction Score
Good luck but seriously, he needs to grow up. He transferred from St John’s to UConn to Edwardsville, where he either quit or got kicked off the team, to WhatsamatterU. At some point he needs to stop with excuses and get on with life.

Reaction Score
He seems to me like Vance Jackson without the Dad. 4 schools in 3 years is not a good look, no matter what the circumstances.
Vance Jackson left a situation in which he was one of the top options because he wanted to play a different position (which was clear to any reasonable person he wasn’t athletic enough for). Sid left because he was a bench warmer and wanted playing time. The two situations are not remotely comparable.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
The kid makes a mature decision and still gets ripped. I never liked his game at while at UConn. I thought his incredible athleticism was ruined by a very low basketball IQ and said so then. But he just made the best decision for him at this juncture and I wholly support him. Best wishes and may God bless you Sid!

Reaction Score
Good luck but seriously, he needs to grow up. He transferred from St John’s to UConn to Edwardsville, where he either quit or got kicked off the team, to WhatsamatterU. At some point he needs to stop with excuses and get on with life.
I’m sure you aren’t the only person with that opinion, but at least most of those people have the restraint to keep it away from the Boneyard.

What’s the point of bashing Sid? He’s moved on, he didn’t hamstring the team, he wasn’t a diva…

He has an opportunity to finish his degree (if he hasn’t yet) and continue to pad his pro resume. What’s not to like about that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom