Sid Wilson (UConn Wants Him to Reclassify to '17) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson (UConn Wants Him to Reclassify to '17)

Reaction Score
Polley's ranking is falling like a rock, #172 on 247 now.

No idea but he seems bigger size wise and passer and Polley might be a better shooter. I have no idea but that's my feeling
From what I've heard and seen, Makai looks to be a good athlete, and correct me if I'm wrong but he has a solid wingspan too. And I hope Durham can get his confidence and athleticism back because it is/was very good for his size. Polley looks to be a wirey athlete as well. All that is moot and I didn't mean to go against you, but I agree Wilson would be on another level.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think he'd almost be better for us in 2018.

Reaction Score
I am hearing that uconn is pushing 2017 big time
Does this mean sid is still considering it. Or are we just pushing 2017 for the sake of pushing
Well it's weird that he flat out said he wasn't reclassifying about a month ago, but naw Paxton has him saying that he "probably" won't.
I think he'd almost be better for us in 2018.
Fair, but if you're Ollie and you think he's going to blow up, you may as well go for the commit now.

Reaction Score
Interesting because that would mean all scholarships filled with no seniors. After the injury plague this year, it certainly makes sense to fill all the scholarships, particularly if you are using them on talented/high-upside players like Sid Wilson. I only point this out because leaving no apparent scholarships for 2018 likely means that Ollie knows/expects that one or more guys are departing after next year.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Well it's weird that he flat out said he wasn't reclassifying about a month ago, but naw Paxton has him saying that he "probably" won't.

Fair, but if you're Ollie and you think he's going to blow up, you may as well go for the commit now.

Yes, if you want to lock him in, sure. But roster wise, he wouldn't play next year.

Reaction Score

A month ago in recruiting is like 12 dog years... these are 16 17 18 year old kids. Radical changes have happen since lunch with kids

Reaction Score
I personally doubt there is any scenario where Polley would redshirt. No offense to Matrim obviously.

I see why it would seem appealing if his playing time was going to be limited, but I just don't see Ollie doing it, even with Wilson on board. It would be a luxury to get to find out, though.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I personally doubt there is any scenario where Polley would redshirt. No offense to Matrim obviously.

I see why it would seem appealing if his playing time was going to be limited, but I just don't see Ollie doing it, even with Wilson on board. It would be a luxury to get to find out, though.

When was the last time we had a healthy redshirt? This isn't football. Anybody who needs to redshirt shouldn't be here to begin with.

Reaction Score

You never know when you might lose half your team to injuries. Wish we'd had him this year.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Why do you say that?
Because barring injury he'd likely be 4th on the SF depth chart and 4th on the PF depth chart.

When was the last time we had a healthy redshirt? This isn't football. Anybody who needs to redshirt shouldn't be here to begin with.
We haven't done it in forever, but Boeheim was smart to redshirt Moyer this year, and looks at what Wisconsin's done with Happ and Ford. And think about what position we'd be in right now if we'd been able to redshirt Facey as a freshman.

If you can keep guys like Polley or *insert low 4-star here* for 5 years instead of 4, it's good for program stability. We need that foundation now, and in the immediate future.

Reaction Score
Because barring injury he'd likely be 4th on the SF depth chart and 4th on the PF depth chart.

We haven't done it in forever, but Boeheim was smart to redshirt Moyer this year, and looks at what Wisconsin's done with Happ and Ford. And think about what position we'd be in right now if we'd been able to redshirt Facey as a freshman.

If you can keep guys like Polley or *insert low 4-star here* for 5 years instead of 4, it's good for program stability. We need that foundation now, and in the immediate future.
Obviously I wouldn't change anything because we won a national championship, but did we really need Facey's 5 MPG Freshman year. Would've been nice to have 1 more year of Facey coming back

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Obviously I wouldn't change anything because we won a national championship, but did we really need Facey's 5 MPG Freshman year. Would've been nice to have 1 more year of Facey coming back
That's what I'm saying. But at the time I'm sure KO felt he'd be able to land more ready-made bigs in 2014 and 2015 recruiting than he actually managed.

Reaction Score
I'd much rather Wilson for 18 with that Koulechov fella as a grad next year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom