Sid Wilson Seems Motivated | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson Seems Motivated

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He will have to show some ability to put the ball on the floor.

Oh for sure. I'm confident that he has the potential to have enough handle to be a good slasher. I don't think he'll ever be anything more than an average shooter based on what he showed last year.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I'm hoping that the improved offensive spacing means Sid will be more effective at slashing to the rim. That's going to be his game if he's going to have success here, because I don't think he'll ever become a great shooter.
He should model his game after Quiten Rose. Their skill sets are identical to each other.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The few jumpers we see in that mix seem to have much more arc on them than what we saw this year.

Yep. I said it before, I think he had some kind of mechanical glitch going on. I think he'll fix it and be a much more effective shooter. Not Ray...but effective.

Reaction Score
He can.

Did you watch the video?

He dribbles 13x in the highlight. He dribbles once 9x and twice 2x. He could never handle the ball.

That video is exactly what we saw from Sid all year. He is a freak athlete with minimal basketball skills. There's a reason why after an entire season with Brewster (about 40 games usually) there are only a handful of jump shots to show.

I watched Brewster a few times that year, and I think this highlight would confirm what I saw. His points came from dunks, easy post ups, and short jumpers occasionally. He played the PF.

I don't see why people on here (not just you) want to set unrealistic expectations for this kid. He has a ton to work on and SKY HIGH potential, but why act like he has/had a skill set that he never did? You literally posted the evidence.

It will make it that much sweeter when Hurley and Co. help him to develop a shot and handle.

Reaction Score
As much as I want any player whoever has, does, or will put on a uniform to do well, if you read this thread you realize he just needs to improve his handle, improve his shot, improve his BB IQ, and figure out the offense and defensive schemes and he’ll have a break out year.

Reaction Score
He looked lost most of last year. It was the third new system for Sid in three years (fourth if he was learning the Mullin way in his brief Johnnies stay). So he gets a little slack.

But he needs to become a dependable contributor. Making the right play at the right time will be far more important than a few WOW moments.

Reaction Score
I hope this kid is serious. Everything is there for him. If he works hard he can help deliver UConn several winning seasons.

Also, if he absolutely busts his ass getting better on defense and learning how to be consistent from three, he has the length and athleticism to get a legit shot as a role player in the NBA, which would be big for UConn.

There is so, so much work to be done though. Really hope he proves himself next season.

Reaction Score
He can.

Impressive highlights and I think his potential is huge. That being said, there is not one clip in that entire highlight that shows he has the ability to put the ball on the floor at the D1 level. There's only like two clips of him even creating his own shot and both are pretty loose defense. I'm not saying he can't, but this is not the evidence you want for it.

Reactions: pj

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
He should model his game after Quiten Rose. Their skill sets are identical to each other.

I would love to see him model his game after freshman year Lamb. This post is in no way meant to compare him to Lamb, just simply saying that I think he could be useful in that type of role (rebounder, defender, driving floater, fast break finisher and the occasional 3-pointer)

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
The best thing about the Hurley hire for the first few years, when he still has KO players, is that a lot of kids on our roster had/have motivation issues and Hurley is the a great motivator. If Hurley can motivate Sid to take the game more seriously than he can motive anyone. Sad to say but there’s not a chance in hell Sid would have been motivated to improved under post divorce Kevin Ollie.

pj

Reaction Score
Impressive highlights and I think his potential is huge. That being said, there is not one clip in that entire highlight that shows he has the ability to put the ball on the floor at the D1 level. There's only like two clips of him even creating his own shot and both are pretty loose defense. I'm not saying he can't, but this is not the evidence you want for it.

Almost all the possessions were zero or one dribble. The one crossover against lax defense looked good but one good dribble in a full-year highlight film is not much to extrapolate from.

Reaction Score
He’s going to be a better player and that in itself will help us win more games. The question is how much better he will be and if Polley and Wilson will play minutes together on a regular basis or not. As we all know and Hurley recently acknowledged in the podcast, coach likes to play 3 guards together.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Hurley recently acknowledged in the podcast, coach likes to play 3 guards together.
You would think Bouknight would slide in nice at that 3 guard spot because he probably has just enough length to guard the types of players playing the 3 in our conference; but maybe not the weight. At any rate he should be an upgrade defensively over Jalen.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
IF he finishes 4 years, he could be the best slasher since Slicin' Dyson

Reaction Score
You would think Bouknight would slide in nice at that 3 guard spot because he probably has just enough length to guard the types of players playing the 3 in our conference; but maybe not the weight. At any rate he should be an upgrade defensively over Jalen.

Yes and Hurley is very high on him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts next season, though maybe not immediately.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Call me old school, but I like actions more than words.

Oh, I forgot, you know for a fact he isn't in the weight room, cool.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Yes and Hurley is very high on him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts next season, though maybe not immediately.
I think he starts immediately in Jalen spot. I think the real competition is at the 4 between Akok and Polley. I think that’s going to be a tough call for Hurley.

Reaction Score
I think he starts immediately in Jalen spot. I think the real competition is at the 4 between Akok and Polley. I think that’s going to be a tough call for Hurley.

Not if Polley can't defend better.

Reaction Score
Then I would suggest logging off until September, because there's going to be nothing but 'words' for the next 3 months until practice starts.
Actually they practice, lift, and condition quite a bit during the summer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom