Sid Wilson Seems Motivated | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson Seems Motivated

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20190615-171505_Instagram.jpg

Reaction Score
so just to clarify and remove the bs from the windshield: is he on campus / in gym / weight room / classes???

Reaction Score
As far as returning players are concerned, I would say he has the highest upside and most potential to surprise us.

Don't expect much from the 3 pt line, but if he can become consistent with an 18 ft jumper, and channel his inner Stix on the offensive glass, he'll be that long athletic role player we've been sorely missing.
Easy to think he can become much like the kid from FSU, Terrence Mann. Hoping Sid takes a big step forward this year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Remember that Sid got a late start last year. I have to believe that contributed to his looking lost at times on the court. I'm hopeful that we'll see a big jump right out of the gate.

Reaction Score
Easy to think he can become much like the kid from FSU, Terrence Mann. Hoping Sid takes a big step forward this year.

Like the comparison potential. There's where the question comes up of can he he gain the IQ necessary to be like a player of Manns caliber. I believe he's as if not more athletic than Mann. Maybe not as strong but can get there, but Mann always showed a superior understanding of the game throughout his career which helped him impact the game. If the staff can teach Sid the game the the sky's the limit.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Actually they practice, lift, and condition quite a bit during the summer.

Sure they do, but how much of that is going to be visible to you, to the point where you'll be appeased that he's on the right track? Even the occasional workout video we're going to get will be heavily edited, and I guarantee you we're not going to get any video of Sid actually playing basketball anytime soon. It's pretty much nothing but words until the preseason.

Reaction Score
Sure they do, but how much of that is going to be visible to you, to the point where you'll be appeased that he's on the right track? Even the occasional workout video we're going to get will be heavily edited, and I guarantee you we're not going to get any video of Sid actually playing basketball anytime soon. It's pretty much nothing but words until the preseason.

I don't need to be appeased. I just found it funny that he posted a photo on Instagram and now everyone is saying how motivated he is. Truth is, no one will know until we play actual games next year, but Sid has the most room to improve out of anyone on the team. We will see if he finally puts in some work. Cant get by with just his athleticism anymore.

Reaction Score
Terrence Mann. He actually coined the phrase "Make Love Not War."

Reaction Score
The kid has such physical gifts leaping that he can score 10-12 pts just rebounding around the rim on put backs. We have to be honest about his shooting. It is ugly. So to expect some kind of magical summer transformation is ridiculous, but what if he can hit the 15-18 footer off a pass or rebound before he puts it on the floor and loses it? Yes, that’s a good thing. Charles Oakley did OK with those shots. We have 3 point shooters and Sid ain’t one of them and Hurley has to spell that out to him. If he plays his role he’s a positive, if he’s jacking 3’s he will hurt us.

Reaction Score
The kid has such physical gifts leaping that he can score 10-12 pts just rebounding around the rim on put backs. We have to be honest about his shooting. It is ugly. So to expect some kind of magical summer transformation is ridiculous, but what if he can hit the 15-18 footer off a pass or rebound before he puts it on the floor and loses it? Yes, that’s a good thing. Charles Oakley did OK with those shots. We have 3 point shooters and Sid ain’t one of them and Hurley has to spell that out to him. If he plays his role he’s a positive, if he’s jacking 3’s he will hurt us.
Sid's field goal percentage was 34.9%. The lowest team average is 36.1% to give prospective for how bad that is. He needs to finish at the rim before we even start to expect 15-18 footers. Strength is everything with Sid. If he can't finish at the rim, he has no chance to be an impact player for us.

Reaction Score
Sid's field goal percentage was 34.9%. The lowest team average is 36.1% to give prospective for how bad that is. He needs to finish at the rim before we even start to expect 15-18 footers. Strength is everything with Sid. If he can't finish at the rim, he has no chance to be an impact player for us.

Transition layups and dunks should be his best friend.

No one on this team should be TRYING to take 15-18ft shots. Unless your name is Josh Carlton, maybe. Make it a 3 instead or stop shoooting.

Reaction Score
Sid is not good nor does he take the steps to become good. The Yard will be disappointed in him this year I think. Hopefully I'll be the one disappointed for a foolish post, but I'm prepared for him to underwhelm.

Reaction Score
Sid is not good nor does he take the steps to become good. The Yard will be disappointed in him this year I think. Hopefully I'll be the one disappointed for a foolish post, but I'm prepared for him to underwhelm.

How do you know he isn't working hard this summer? Actual source, or just dramatic boneyard post for attention?

Reaction Score
No one knows what exactly the effort he's putting in but maybe coach. Honestly if he had a brain in his head he would be shooting and dribbling from sun up to dark. It could make him a lot of money. The resources of UCONN greats are there for him to tap.

Reaction Score
I have him as a bench guy. 10 mpg. I just don’t see it. It isn’t even a question of working, which hasn’t been his strong suit. More of learning to play basketball. One of the downsides of the current pre college system is guys play 1-1 and get ranked based on highlight reels. Six is a guy who can do the odd spectacular thing but when faced with a real opponent he really struggles. Best hope is to become a defensive force. But of course that doesn’t get you to the NBA.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Just a theory here, could easily be wrong. I think Hurley was upset with Sids overall attitude and the fact that he didn’t stick around for Sals boot camp and had a sit down with Sid when he got back on campus. Probably wasn’t the most pleasant conversation with a lot of hard truths being discussed.

Reaction Score
Just a theory here, could easily be wrong. I think Hurley was upset with Sids overall attitude and the fact that he didn’t stick around for Sals boot camp and had a sit down with Sid when he got back on campus. Probably wasn’t the most pleasant conversation with a lot of hard truths being discussed.

This theory is based on nothing.

There were rumors he was busting his tail as much as anyone last season.

The players get a break, but a lot of them are still working with skills trainers, strength coaches, etc. back home.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This theory is based on nothing.

There were rumors he was busting his tail as much as anyone last season.

The players get a break, but a lot of them are still working with skills trainers, strength coaches, etc. back home.
It’s a good hypothesis. Hurley has taken a totally different tone and approach dealing with Sid. Here’s a quote from early last year after his suspension for violating team rules “Sid, right now, is the type of guy who is going to need a lot of coaching, tough love and standards.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom