Sid Wilson gets waiver | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson gets waiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know the league I’m an Honorary Murray State Racer. It’s a pretty good BB conference at the top .In 2019 Both Murray and Belmont won first round NCAA tourney games over Temple and Marquette respectively. Many of the schools have decent if modest followings.
However his team had the worst attendance in the conference and worse yet had never really competed.
That’s a very curious decision.

Reaction Score
good for him! it's gotta be discipline discipline discipline for him. he has the tools but remained too raw for too long.

Reaction Score
It’s fine but you can’t make this stuff up. The NCAA DENIED a waiver when he spent about 15 minutes at St Johns and never participated in a practice. But grants one now for his second transfer after playing all last year and the year before ( did he play 3 years for us?Ive lost track) at UConn. But then it is the NCAA. Good luck to Sid. He could do okay at that level.

Reaction Score
From what I have read it has to do with the school you are leaving being cooperative.
Also they are being more lenient with the waivers this year. And now that everyone gets an extra year of eligibility it makes sense to be even more lenient.

C

Chief00

It’s fine but you can’t make this stuff up. The NCAA DENIED a waiver when he spent about 15 minutes at St Johns and never participated in a practice. But grants one now for his second transfer after playing all last year and the year before ( did he play 3 years for us?Ive lost track) at UConn. But then it is the NCAA. Good luck to Sid. He could do okay at that level.
Sid’s unofficial argument about the St John’s waiver, which he told Chief, was that he never attended a summer school class, despite being enrolled l assume. So he felt it shouldn’t count.

Reaction Score
Sid’s unofficial argument about the St John’s waiver, which he told Chief, was that he never attended a summer school class, despite being enrolled l assume. So he felt it shouldn’t count.
Did the subject come up when you were trying to sell an insurance policy?

Reaction Score
From what I have read it has to do with the school you are leaving being cooperative.

If the school is willing to sign off on a "run off" waiver, the kid gets it. In this case, it appears to have actually be true.

Reaction Score
Only incidental conversations.
So, during an incidental conversation with Sid, he told you all about the details of his waiver when he transferred from St John's? Seems kind of far fetched for that to have actually happened. But hey, I've been wrong before.

C

Chief00

So, during an incidental conversation with Sid, he told you all about the details of his waiver when he transferred from St John's? Seems kind of far fetched for that to have actually happened. But hey, I've been wrong before.
You are obviously not very smart. I did not say he discussed all the waiver details. In fact, I doubt he would know them. I mentioned one thing and did not even say it was part of the written waiver request. In fact, I said it’s Sid’s “unofficial argument”. Quite frankly, as someone more familiar with the recruiting World than you are - I thought it was humorous that he hadn’t attended even one summer class despite being enrolled to do so. In Sid’s mind therefore he did not attend St John. Of course, I realize the NCAA would have a different view of that. With people like you here, one can’t even be humorous without having then to have to fully explain it, which ruins the humor spontaneity and brevity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
You are obviously not very smart. I did not say he discussed all the waiver details. In fact, I doubt he would know them. I mentioned one thing and did not even say it was part of the written waiver request. In fact, I said it’s Sid’s “unofficial argument”. Quite frankly, as someone more familiar with the recruiting World than you are - I thought it was humorous that he hadn’t attended even one summer class despite being enrolled to do so. In Sid’s mind therefore he did not attend St John. Of course, I realize the NCAA would have a different view of that. With people like you here, one can’t even be humorous without having then to have to fully explain it, which ruins the humor spontaneity and brevity.
I'm smart enough to read between the lines of the fecal matter you spew on here.

Reaction Score
Cheif
You It’s bad enough you need to educate the casual fan on basketball. Now it falls to you to educate him/her on humor, too. It is amazing that you have time to do anything else with all the Educating that falls on your shoulders. No wonder they say Cheifin’ ain’t easy

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I'm smart enough to read between the lines of the fecal matter you spew on here.

I bet you are! Thanks for sharing your opinion. We've got it now, so there's really no reason keep posting about it.

pj

Reaction Score
I thought it was humorous that he hadn’t attended even one summer class despite being enrolled to do so. In Sid’s mind therefore he did not attend St John. Of course, I realize the NCAA would have a different view of that.

It is humorous. Of course, if he passed the courses he didn't attend, then St John's is in the same boat as UNC, which is no problem in the NCAA's eyes, as long as non-athletes got the same no-show class opportunity.

C

Chief00

It is humorous. Of course, if he passed the courses he didn't attend, then St John's is in the same boat as UNC, which is no problem in the NCAA's eyes, as long as non-athletes got the same no-show class opportunity.
It was very logical to him, that he did not attend St John’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom