Sick of the No Talent Talk | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sick of the No Talent Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Okey dokey buddy. They are good players, but if you don't think dozens of programs currently have two receivers that will be in NFL camps... plenty have more than 2.

USC, Florida State, Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma State... even schools like Maryland are light years ahead.

For example - Sammy Watkins plus anyone > UConn.

They are good players and probably the best combo UConn has had, but let's be real.

It is not realistic to believe they are in top dozen in the country.Why do you run down our players. It is realism. It is just running them down.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It is not realistic to believe they are in top dozen in the country.Why do you run down our players. It is realism. It is just running them down.

It's not running down your players to understand there are better players on other teams.

Just because a statement is pro-UConn doesn't mean it's not dumb.

These comments from someone who did nothing but incorrectly run down the prior head coach are also humorous.

Reaction Score
Put Davis/Phillips on any other roster on ANY team in the country as the 2 starting WRs and that team becomes better. No doubt in my mind. Alabama? Better. It's not blue colored glasses, it's not being a homer. It's looking at the individual players and the talent they have, REGARDLESS of who is throwing them the ball.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Put Davis/Phillips on any other roster on ANY team in the country as the 2 starting WRs and that team becomes better. No doubt in my mind. Alabama? Better. It's not blue colored glasses, it's not being a homer. It's looking at the individual players and the talent they have, REGARDLESS of who is throwing them the ball.

So Clemson and Maryland would be better teams by putting Watkins and Diggs on the bench? USC would improve sitting down Lee?

So silly it's painful.

Reaction Score
So Clemson and Maryland would be better teams by putting Watkins and Diggs on the bench? USC would improve sitting down Lee?

So silly it's painful.

Yes - 2 is greater than 1.

Reaction Score
As regards talent, as they showed the various celebrities in attendance on the scoreboard Saturday I let my imagination run wild with possible replacements:
Derek Jeter WR
Donny Marshall WR/TE
Jeff Adrien TE
Kemba Walker QB
Ray Allen FGK (nobody has more 3 pointers than Ray)
Geno Auriemma Head Coach

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

Not Texas A&M (Evans/Seals-Jones), LSU (Landry/Beckham), Clemson (Watkins/Martavious Bryant), or Maryland (Diggs/Long). There are others too, but that is just off the top of my head. Davis and Phillips are good players, but they are not elite outside of having good frames.

Reaction Score
Just to recap. . . . the "no talent" meme was peddled to the Horde off-the-record by P/GDL about two seconds after they got here and happily regurgitated over and over again. "We had much better players at Syracuse." . . . .blah blah blah. . . .sort of blew up in their face on draft day last year. As mentioned elsewhere coaching 1-2 star players up was/is not their thing, unlike RE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom